Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 11:25:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686647
  • Total Topics: 118117
  • Online Today: 788
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Mordheim 2019 Project  (Read 2538 times)

Offline Commander Carnage

• Scientist
Mordheim 2019 Project
« on: January 04, 2019, 07:48:35 PM »
Having been inspired by so many of you here who have created such amazing Morheim games I've decided one of my 2019 projects will be to build a Mordheimesque gaming board. I've been slowly collecting appropriate materials for buildings and as many Mordheim miniatures as I can get my hands on. I would also like to build one of each gang from the main rulebook. Acquiring Morheim minis is somewhat difficult because of the prices they demand I will have to use some alternative minis. I have the Frostgrave plastic sets but I would like the LAF community's opinion on other alternative minis that would fit the gangs of Mordheim. Any ideas on good pistol toting witch hunters of good models for the posessed? Other thoughts on model for use in Mordheim?
"Just don't roll a one!"

Offline Spooktalker

• Mad Scientist
    • Warlock of Lead Mountain
Re: Mordheim 2019 Project
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2019, 06:43:16 PM »
I support your choice of project as Mordheim is great!

For humans generally, consider Lead Adventure Bruegelburg. I have a Lead Adventure Bruegelburg order on the way I intend to make an Averlander gang with, and they could be used for many other things besides. There are also the Warlord, Foundry, Artizan, and other historical ranges to consider. Reaper could supply a large brute or two.

White Knight, moderator here, makes some great witch hunters.

Avatars of War make some nice witchhunters and many other figures suitable for Mordheim but I don't know if they can be had for less than what the GW ones go for.

Reaper makes some witch hunter types but they are a head taller at least than most GW Mordheim figures. If memory serves this vampire hunter from the Pathfinder might not be as tall, though, and is a nice figure:

Speaking of taller figures, and if you go in for T&A, there are the Raging Heroes Sisters/Daughters of the Orphanage, e.g.:

Noticed this other Witch Hunter the other day by Terrible Kids Stuff, who I'm not familiar with:

I see GW makes one currently as well, and for $16.50 it's a steal!  lol

You are spoiled for choice for undead, and probably have those sorted. Obviously the GW and Mantic plastics. Reaper has some nice choices too, and I have some proxies in the gang I made up here: http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=110149.0

(And the gravedigger there could easily make a great, tall, witchhunter if you switch out the shovel).

For the possessed cultists, I figure you are planning to use the Frost Grave plastics, which are perfect for that. For the possessed himself, wrong-size base but this other Avatars of War figure is a nice possessed or chaos spawn:

I'm sure there are dozens of walking monstrosity type figures out there that would be better than the actual possessed figures, which are among the dregs of the GW Mordheim... I'll come back if I think of some. Should be easy to convert something too.

« Last Edit: January 05, 2019, 06:48:33 PM by Spooktalker »

Offline ecurtz

• Librarian
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2019, 07:07:10 PM »
It isn't quite the right "historical" period, but the upcoming Mythic Solomon Kane game might be another good source of minis. I didn't back it, so I'm not sure if it is actually on track to ship this summer, but their Conan game seemed well received.  https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1162110258/solomon-kane

Offline Aerendar Valandil

• Librarian
    • Amsterdam6Shooters Wargames Club
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2019, 07:33:34 PM »
Thou shalt not forget Van Halfling:

http://heresyminiatures.com/shop/index.php?main_pa

Offline Commander Carnage

• Scientist
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2019, 09:51:43 PM »
Thanks for the great suggestions, I knew this was the place to ask.