Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 08:02:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Modern Nigerians  (Read 1023 times)

Offline Shipka

• Mastermind
    • RussoTurkishWar1877
Modern Nigerians
« on: January 24, 2019, 06:19:08 AM »

Offline juergen c. olk

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Modern Nigerians
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2019, 09:47:08 PM »
they are a mix of nice to fantasy...research is lacking on lots of the figures.in my opinion.

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2019, 10:01:47 PM »
I'd came across these before, but the sculpting style doesn't really match the standard of other recent modern ranges.

If folks are wanting to make modern African militants then there's always Eureka, Spectre, and War Banner: Modern (SASM) off the top of my head. Though to be honest the Jihadi look could easily be done by just buying some Taliban fighters (there's a lot out there these days) and swapping out the style of turban. Not that there's many choices when it comes to African heads, at least not outside of Games Workshop proportions (Empress do some in US pot helmets, and Maxi-Mini's set, whilst larger, may do).

Still, not to rain all over this post. They would work for someone who has older figures and is into the style.

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
  • Flamenguista até morrer.
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2019, 11:19:02 PM »
I contacted the owner and I can say that they are without doubt the most authentic Nigerians out there as their response shows.

Dear Sir or Madam,

I am the widow of the former Oil Minister for Nigeria. I am in possession of a fine range of 28mm miniatures and I need your assistance in marketing these to the wider world. Could you please remit to me the sum of........

:D
Em dezembro de '81
Botou os ingleses na roda
3 a 0 no Liverpool
Ficou marcado na história
E no Rio não tem outro igual
Só o Flamengo é campeão mundial
E agora seu povo
Pede o mundo de novo

Offline Ash

• Mastermind
    • Ashley Straw.com
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2019, 07:06:49 AM »
Brilliant...

Offline italwars

• Mastermind
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2019, 10:42:59 PM »
I did have those modern figures from CIBO but I own some Risorgimento’s ones ...made by same sculptor..I can say that there is a great difference between pictures on the site and reality..the minis are very nice and easy to paint