Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 06:31:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Star Wars Legion Rebel Fleet Troopers  (Read 1168 times)

Offline Abwehrschlacht

• Mad Scientist
    • Storm of Steel Blog
Star Wars Legion Rebel Fleet Troopers
« on: January 05, 2019, 12:41:38 PM »
Just before Christmas I got a box of Rebel Fleet Troopers and they were very nice to paint. I am thinking of getting a couple more boxes to make a sizeable force of them. But that's for the future, so check them out here on my blog:

https://www.stormofsteelwargaming.com/2019/01/Diplomatic-Mission.html

Offline Muzfish4

• Mad Scientist
Re: Star Wars Legion Rebel Fleet Troopers
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2019, 09:16:48 AM »
Very nice.

Played my first game of Legion yesterday and enjoyed it. Mu initial feeling is that the system is a good one.

I'm just finishing my box of fleet troopers now. They look to be pretty useful on the table top - especially when there is a lot of terrain. They might struggle a bit in the open. Looking forward to trying them out. I'll be very interested to hear how you go with a large force of these guys.

Offline Abwehrschlacht

• Mad Scientist
    • Storm of Steel Blog
Re: Star Wars Legion Rebel Fleet Troopers
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2019, 09:37:34 AM »
Thank you.

I think it works well, but we have made changes like making squads bigger as I don't like the six trooper concept. I do find their release policy a bit slap-dash as well, but I'm able to get the units I want at the moment, so it's not all bad.

Yep, they only have a short range, but again, we have home brewed some rules to allow for longer distance firing, meaning that you use cover more! I'm looking forward to getting them on the table.