Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:31:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Looking for Snake-men pics  (Read 2599 times)

Offline spect_spidey

• Scientist
Looking for Snake-men pics
« on: January 07, 2019, 09:59:29 PM »
My Google Fu has failed to return any satisfying results when searching for pictures of painted snake-men. Can anyone on the forum share some pictures of painted examples of the multi-part plastic kit? Ghost Archipelago has a bit of a lifeline where I am now and I am trying to determine if I want to make my group a bunch of snake-men or not. Thanks in advance for any pics posted in this thread.

Offline Ogrob

• Mastermind
Re: Looking for Snake-men pics
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2019, 10:11:12 PM »
I have a box, but I just can not summon up any enthusiasm for painting them I'm afraid. The metal Heritor I have is lovely, but the plastics have not grabbed me.

Offline spect_spidey

• Scientist
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2019, 11:54:24 AM »
Bueller?? Bueller!!? No one has any pics?

Offline Hobgoblin

• Galactic Brain
    • Hobgoblinry
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2019, 12:48:42 PM »
Here are some - and here.

Speed-painted on both occasions, so I'm sure you can find nicer ones elsewhere!

Offline Bloggard

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2019, 02:13:52 PM »
gosh, great to see earlier pages of your thread Hobgoblin - don't think I'd seen them before. Really superb.
the jacks in the greens are fantastic - but they're old Perry Citadels (fantasy tribe?) ?

as an old Jethro Tull fan (they were good until '80  lol ) there's  a song ref. in their name too!

Anyhow, what a collection you have and so well-painted.

* re: snakemen - I made up a couple or so, but haven't got round to painting them. found them fiddly to put together as well.
have painted a metal tho' - very nice fig.

Offline Hobgoblin

• Galactic Brain
    • Hobgoblinry
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2019, 06:01:37 PM »
gosh, great to see earlier pages of your thread Hobgoblin - don't think I'd seen them before. Really superb.
the jacks in the greens are fantastic - but they're old Perry Citadels (fantasy tribe?) ?

Many thanks! The jacks are early Kev Adams miniatures, so from a few years after the Fantasy Tribe period.

On the snakemen: I found the ones with two-handed weapons a bit fiddly, as Bloggard says, but I think that may be true of all the Frostgrave miniatures (or indeed of most multi-part miniatures with two-handed weapon that can be positioned in various ways). The single-handed weapons are easy enough, though. And there's a huge range of options. At first, I didn't like the lack of tail, but I don't mind it so much now.

Offline nicknorthstar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2019, 07:25:31 PM »
Kev Dallimore's work:

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2019, 07:27:38 PM »
Here are some - and here.

Speed-painted on both occasions, so I'm sure you can find nicer ones elsewhere!
Very nice.

I have only undercoated these.
https://ultravanillasmurf.blogspot.com/2018/07/frostgrave-ghost-archipelago-serpentmen_30.html

Offline Bloggard

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2019, 07:34:53 PM »
Kev Dallimore's work:

ah yes ... well, they're a bit good, oddly enough!

certainly shows the potential.
the different 'cut of their jib' for the plastics' necks kind of serves to make them look more agressive and threatening.

Offline spect_spidey

• Scientist
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2019, 09:56:03 PM »
Thanks for the pics! Most of the green official ones I had seen. The red one was a new one though. I love the multicolor aspect Hobgoblin! It was a similar idea I was planning to use. I was looking to paint mine in a rather bright green, orange, purple, and possibly blue. That is why I was wanting some pics. I was curious how the scales would look with non-traditional colors or some vibrant colors on them.

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2019, 07:00:42 PM »
Well, this has prompted me to actually paint one of mine.

Undercoat is Citadel Zandri Dust spray, the scales are highlighted with Citadel Zamesi Desert and washed with Citadel Seraphim Sepia.

More details here:https://ultravanillasmurf.blogspot.com/2019/01/a-while-back-i-bought-box-set-of-ghost.html

Offline spect_spidey

• Scientist
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2019, 11:45:18 PM »
Ultravanillasmurf ~ Thanks so much for the pic! That is a very nice looking snake man.