Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 03:49:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Space Marine Beakies, lots of pics! NEW! Assault Squad on page 1  (Read 16698 times)

Offline Pil

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • One shot at glory
I painted these for the LPL and I finally got round to editing some of the additional pics I made, so here they are:

Sgt. Metalhead

Elf Fucker

Orinoco ;)

I didn't name this guy (I only name them when I paint the name on the model), his other shoulder pad says "The saw is the law". I have another version of this model with studs on the shoulder pad. I guess a previous owner removed them from this model. I really think a marine with an autogun looks cool.

Patch, who, as people previously noted, had his face smashed in by a power fist ;)

Exciter, never really figured out if the plasma weapon was supposed to be a special or heavy weapon, but I just use it as a plasma gun since it doesn't really look like a plasma cannon.

And some more pics of my marines in urban camo:

The marines in urban Camo are the same chapter as my other beakies (The Devastation Angels), but in the old days marines in camouflage were more common. So when I was tired of painting green and white (halfway through the models above) I painted some camo marines in between as a distraction. The camo is Ironhull grey with a VGC Cold Grey (Codex Grey) drybrush, followed by patches of VMC German Grey, and finally a toothbrush splattering with white. It was meant to be quick and it was ;)

Another pic. I kept additional colours to a minimum as I wanted the camo to look convincing and actually work. Well, it does and it looks rather dull on the table. Also note that any insignia are in black and white (Sgt. in the back). The black Crown Of Thorns on their leg is the marking of the covert marines "The Black Messiahs".

I painted the Rhino earlier so the camo doesn't really match, but I still think a camouflaged Rhino looks great.

Enjoy!
« Last Edit: June 08, 2009, 11:36:12 AM by Pil »
Let me hear the battle cry
Calling on the wind
Let me see the banners fly
Before the storm begins

Offline oxiana

• Mastermind
Re: Space Marine Beakies, lots of pics!
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2009, 09:46:03 AM »
Aah, you can just smell the nostalgia! I remember that box of plastic space marines coming out, and how radical the idea of plastic kits seemed at the time.

Cracking stuff, lovely paint jobs. You don't have any of the original imperial guardsmen too do you? Some of those were fabulous sculpts too.

Offline Pil

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • One shot at glory
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2009, 10:08:30 AM »
Nope, I only have an IG land speeder and I plan to crew it with marines. I do have some squats (plastic) though which might be an ally in the future 8)

Offline meninobesta

• Mad Scientist
  • Bastard Saint, Scorn of the Earth
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2009, 10:57:52 AM »
I really love the Heavy Metal feel of the minis! :D
Cheers,
Pedro

Offline Pil

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • One shot at glory
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2009, 11:21:12 AM »
I really love the Heavy Metal feel of the minis! :D

Thanks, it's a big source of inspiration for me so I might as well use it 8)

Offline JollyBob

• Galactic Brain
  • I've only had a few ales...
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2009, 12:30:36 PM »
I love seeing your marines.  :-*

I also mourn the days of Rogue Trader and being able to make your own stuff up without some berk telling you its "not codex". Stuff 'em. Retro Marines for the Win!

Offline Plynkes

• The Royal Bastard
  • Elder God
  • I killed Mufasa!
    • http://misterplynkes.blogspot.com/
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2009, 02:25:57 PM »
Berk is a good word. I support your revival of it, Jolly Bob. Me and my football fan chums always used to have a good laugh on the way to footie matches in Surrey or other places south of the River (Woking, Sutton, etc.) back in our dark Conference days, as we always used to drive past a fire station with the proud letters "ROYAL BERKS" emblazoned upon it.

Being of a juvenile mindset, we never failed to point at this sign and have a good laugh for a few minutes. Never got tired of it.  :)

Back on topic, many of those figures are old friends from my teens. It's great to see them again.
With Cat-Like Tread
Upon our prey we steal...

Offline keeper

• Mad Scientist
  • All your dice are belong to us
    • Prince Azalea's World of Wonders
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2009, 02:49:08 PM »
Superb, Pil :)  Fantastically, nostalgically brilliant! :)

Anyone wanting an old game of Rogue Trader in the general region of South Yorkshire, just get in touch! :D

Offline dodge

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2009, 03:37:44 PM »
Same for me too plynkes , I had rogue trader, actually still do upstairs somewhere, those old marines were lovely all gone now.

Well done Pil those are great, the urban camo works really well, and the rhino is superb , love the aliens creeping up behind too.  :-*

Offline Dr. The Viking

• Galactic Brain
  • Rowdy, Hostile and Wrong Inc.
    • Dr. The Vikings Miniature Games Hell
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2009, 04:43:28 PM »
Gaaaaahjebus!

Those look excellent!

I especially like the urban camo ones. Damn they're hot. Will you please play a game and post report.

And make a tutorial for painting those genestealers - they look just like I want mine to do!
My Empire - where everything I ever did is collected:

http://www.c0wabunga.com

Offline Dr. The Viking

• Galactic Brain
  • Rowdy, Hostile and Wrong Inc.
    • Dr. The Vikings Miniature Games Hell
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2009, 04:45:38 PM »
I love seeing your marines.  :-*

I also mourn the days of Rogue Trader and being able to make your own stuff up without some berk telling you its "not codex". Stuff 'em. Retro Marines for the Win!

You are weak! Make up stuff anyway!  o_o

These are not the droids you are looking for!

Offline Melvin

• Student
    • melvindevoor.com
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2009, 12:07:00 AM »
even tough when I first heard of miniatures they were allready the old school style, I always liked those pointynose spacemarines much more than the skullface ones.:)

Offline bandit86

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2009, 05:40:45 AM »
Those are great!  I have a ton of them still unpainted plus the old plastic box set  ahhh memories. 
Barbarella: What's that screaming? A good many dramatic situations begin with screaming...
http://bandit86.blogspot.com/

Offline Glitzer

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2009, 08:37:06 PM »
even tough when I first heard of miniatures they were allready the old school style, I always liked those pointynose spacemarines much more than the skullface ones.:)

Same here, beakieheads were allready hard to obtain in 2nd edition 40K, the first wargame I ever played/heard of.

That where the good old days when I mutilated dwarf slayers to custum build me a Squat force...
Far less active than I used to...

Offline Gluteus Maximus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2009, 08:48:18 PM »
I'm not a big fan of GW's Space Marines,  but those camo'd versions look far superior to the technicolor variety. Even though the "standard" and "camo" versions are painted by the same person, the camo just wins outright.

They actually look menacing and efficient, like proper combat troops should be.

I'm probably outnumbered, but who cares. They are all mad, anyway  lol