Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 02:17:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689474
  • Total Topics: 118281
  • Online Today: 568
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: 2019 time to get serious  (Read 3668 times)

Offline vodkafan

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: 2019 time to get serious
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2019, 10:55:05 AM »
Thanks to everyone for their encouragement and advice.
Bit of an update: I have not made much progress on my figure backlog because I had to finish some vehicles (which turned out really well) and clear the decks. Also some of the half painted figures I took a good look at and decided that my painting standard had improved since I started them (a couple of years ago) and I would be better off consigning them to the dip and starting again.
So 23 figures have been dipped and cleaned off, re-primed and re-undercoated, and I have started painting them again. That is next week's project. I will bash on with them start to finish and not be distracted by anything else.
I am going to build a wargames army, a big beautiful wargames army, and Mexico is going to pay for it.

2019 Painting Challenge :
figures bought: 500+
figures painted: 57
9 vehicles painted
4 terrain pieces scratchbuilt

Offline tin shed gamer

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2019, 11:21:00 AM »
I'd say your over thinking it.
Bubble wrap, tape, box. I send stuff all over the world with just that Never an issue. Individualy wrap and tape . heavy and big stuff bottom of the box. Single figures to the top.
Simply paint and pack. ( make it part of your routine . paint - dry- wrap-pack-next-paint-dry-wrap-pack and so on.)
Then they can stay packed until you've settled in.
More over its going to be a lot cheaper.

Mark.

Offline swiftnick

• Mastermind
« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2019, 03:32:05 PM »
I am also moving house soon as we are downsizing this year. My answer to moving the leadpile was to get a couple of the larger really useful box range. Then a load of the small plastic containers that Chinese meals come in. Each unpainted unit goes into its own box, is labelled and then stored in the RUB.
Has also been a great time for getting rid of projects that have stalled or never get finished.