Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 12:13:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Family Diorama  (Read 890 times)

Offline racm32

• Mastermind
    • Wyndehurst Productions
Family Diorama
« on: January 10, 2019, 05:40:02 AM »
I finally finished the diorama of my Great Great Grandfather in time to give it to my father on Christmas. Grandfather was part of the Powhatan Artillery from Powhatan VA. commanded by Capt Dance. Their unit was stationed in the defenses around Richmond when Union force nearly overran his battery, if not for the timely arrival of a Tennessee unit. In the fighting my Grandfather lost his arm and his brother. In memory of their sacrifice I wanted to capture the battle in a diorama and give it to my father as a gift. It was my first diorama I have ever made. In the center are two costume made miniatures of my ancestors by a sculptor in Russia. As an exact account of the battle is not available I took some cinematic liberties. We do come up pone a letter written by another soldier who was at the battle and I have used it as a guide. Loads more pictures on my blog to include some WIP and the letter we found: https://wyndehurstproductions.blogspot.com/2019/01/family-diorama.html

Offline FifteensAway

• Galactic Brain
Re: Family Diorama
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2019, 06:25:03 AM »
Hope your dad enjoyed the gift! 

Offline Khmorg

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2019, 06:34:36 PM »
Great

Offline DintheDin

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2019, 07:41:08 PM »
You made this work with all your love and devotion to honor your ancestors. Many congrats!
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates. – Mark Twain, Life on the Mississippi