Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 06:52:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689769
  • Total Topics: 118294
  • Online Today: 798
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Pirates of the Dread Sea  (Read 4598 times)

Offline Michi

• Galactic Brain
  • Hoist the colours!
    • Tableterror
Re: Pirates of the Dread Sea
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2019, 08:14:07 PM »
Perfect paintjob on excellent miniatures! I love the mermaids... :-*

Offline Bloggard

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2019, 09:11:56 PM »
Entirely improper set-up. :D It's basically my dining table light (I shot the photos at night) and my camera's flash at a weird angle.

oh no ... I knew you were going to say something like that  o_o lol  well as billy cobham said about keith moon's drumming: 'I don't know what it is you're doing ... but keep doing it!'  :)

can't begin to work out how you've got such a great white balance with that kind of combination. But, quite apart from that, it's the whole thing.
that first pic in the series you've posted above, is as good as I've seen anywhere.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2019, 09:14:38 PM by Bloggard »

Offline Battle Brush Sigur

• Mastermind
  • Brush-for-Hire
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2019, 09:53:34 PM »
@Michi: Out of all of these figures I've been looking forward to painting these the most.

@Bloggard: :D Thanks very much again. I'll put it down to dumb luck really. It's basically snapshots to be honest. Didn't even require much editing (levels, contrast, etc.) at all. Don't worry, I'll come up with horrible pictures again as well to make up for that. :D But until then I'm just really happy with how these came out.

• Mastermind
  • Brush-for-Hire
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2019, 08:05:08 PM »
Right, now for the last two dudes of this batch - a sort of prototype Dwarf, and the Orc:

Hope you like them!

Offline Bloggard

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2019, 01:21:05 PM »
wow, that orc is particularly good.

Offline Adm Richie

• Librarian
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2019, 07:40:16 AM »
Thanks once again for such an awesome job painting our precious miniatures, Sigur! We're really over the moon with everything about this range, from the sculpts, to the casting and of course the painting! The photos are pretty ace too.

These miniatures are now all available to buy from www.deadearth.co.uk

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2019, 09:31:37 AM »
They look great. But crossposting on multiple boards isn't allowed on this forum I'm afraid. See forum rule 2.10 (http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=16293.0). As this is the established thread, I've removed the other one. Sorry about that, but it does help keep the place tidy without multiple conversations on the same topic running simultaneously in different places. Good luck with this venture  :)

Offline Adm Richie

• Librarian
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2019, 01:06:37 PM »
They look great. But crossposting on multiple boards isn't allowed on this forum I'm afraid. See forum rule 2.10 (http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=16293.0). As this is the established thread, I've removed the other one. Sorry about that, but it does help keep the place tidy without multiple conversations on the same topic running simultaneously in different places. Good luck with this venture  :)

Apologies! And no problem, of course. I did look for the rules but was obviously not looking properly! Thanks.

• Mastermind
  • Brush-for-Hire
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2019, 10:36:45 PM »
@Bloggard: Thanks very much! :)

@Adm Richie: :D My pleasure.

@Captain Blood: Thanks very much, and sorry for any confusion caused.

Right, we're back. With a WIP shot of the human crew, coming up in the next Kickstarter, which should launch in a few weeks:

Hope you like them so far!

• Mastermind
  • Brush-for-Hire
« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2019, 02:47:47 PM »
Heyhey, I'm back! And so is this project. In the mean time I did the undead crew (with a Voodoo theme, which I think is a nice spin on the old skeleton pirates):

full size picture: https://www.tabletopwelt.de/uploads/monthly_2019_06/background2.jpg.e05124253ba58d94b9ed750f59f0be26.jpg

full size image: https://www.tabletopwelt.de/uploads/monthly_2019_06/done1.jpg.0764c14fa6f98fb3c6545ec94bc9c74d.jpg

...and of course the finished human crew:

full size image: https://www.tabletopwelt.de/uploads/monthly_2019_05/all1.jpg.7d5adfe74e6848d450c36725a6e34d9f.jpg

Hope you like the paintjobs!

The Kickstarter by Dead Earth games for their Pirates of the Dread Sea skirmish game and the above seen figures is currently running, and can be found here:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/chappellm/pirates-of-the-dread-sea

Haven't played it myself, but it looks really promising, and I can attest to the miniatures being really nice. It's also one more chance to get your hands on that KS-exclusive Dwarf chef! ;)

• Mastermind
  • Brush-for-Hire
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2019, 02:51:36 PM »
Oh, one more note on the skeleton pirates: First minis I used contrast paints on. Interesting stuff. Hardly revolutionary to anything, but I guess they introduce a group of people (GW's target audience, I assume) to a different approach to painting. Try them out if you like, but it you don't I think you don't miss out on much.

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2019, 09:22:32 AM »
Super painting, whatever paint you used. Excellent detail, especially on the voodoo witch  :-*

Offline Grumbledook

• Scientist
    • It's a Hobby, not an Addiction!
« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2019, 09:33:29 AM »
Beautiful, vibrant painting! The set pieces are also very cool.

• Mastermind
  • Brush-for-Hire
« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2019, 12:03:23 PM »
@Captain Blood: Thanks very much. :) Yeah, adding the freehand pattern to her skirt was a last minute addition, and I'm very happy I did it.

@Grumbledook: Thank you, Sir!