Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:44:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Broken Contract: First Painted!  (Read 1417 times)

Offline LeadAsbestos

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • When the Hurlyburly's Done...
Broken Contract: First Painted!
« on: January 11, 2019, 02:51:20 PM »
I've decided that my first major project for 2019 will be to complete my Broken Contract collection, with fully painted characters, terrain, and many, many games. I've been a long-time fan, but have done precious little with all the excellent material that Nick Baran, the creator of BC, has provided, and I hope to correct that this year!

In case you haven't heard of it:
Broken Contract is a science fiction miniature strategy game filled with action and adventure. It is set in a dystopian future where humanity has begun colonizing the stars. Most folks live in indentured servitude to draconian mega-corporations. Though most accept their lot in life, there are those who yearn to be free of their masters. They break free from their mining colonies, agri-domes, and factory cities in the hope of starting a new life on the frontiers of backwater planets like Hathor. These once contracted laborers are called Breakers for short. Not surprisingly, these corporations hire overseers from shadowy security firms like Black Squadron Security, and keep them on site to prevent work stoppage and labor revolt. Two or more players take on the roles of Breakers and the Black Squadron trying to either make their great escape or stop it from happening. (bolds and italics my own doing!)

More info, store, and a super-inspiring blog can be found here:
http://brokencontract.blogspot.com/2014/04/what-is-broken-contract.html

My own project, as it stands as of this morning:

My first painting of the official miniatures, still just a WIP

Reaper miniatures to fill out some Breaker crews, Blondie is my only fully painted mini for the game so far! ::)

Terrain, 3d blocks of my own from insulation foam and terrain tiles from BC

Terrain bits, some painted, most just a WIP

So, the goal is to paint enough minis to play each scenario in the introductory book, The Day-To-Day, and as it is a sort of escalation campaign to get new players started, I'll progress to the scenarios in the main book, and then begin to incorporate some ideas I have for new scenarios w/ my own unique characters.

Really excited to get going again! The game is excellent, and I hope I can inspire some folks to give it a look! Cheers!
« Last Edit: January 15, 2019, 11:01:41 PM by LeadAsbestos »

Offline LeadAsbestos

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Broken Contract: My 2019 Project!
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2019, 03:06:40 PM »
The Players group on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1428671207445601/

Please join us!

Offline Daeothar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • D1-Games: a DWAN Corporate initiative
    • 1999legacy.com
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2019, 11:30:47 AM »
Looking good so far: Blondie is well painted, and to my eye has a bit of Dolph Lundgren to him ;)

I don't know the game, but the setting sounds familiar enough for me to take interest :D

Best of luck finishing the project: I'll be following this...
Miniatures you say? Well I too, like to live dangerously...
Find a Way, or make one!

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spanish offworld colonies
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2019, 11:31:05 AM »
Looking good Chris, nice to see another colour scheme for the Breakers.  I have to remake my mine sections this year as the ones I did in card boxes have been used to death. Going for sturdier MDF frames this time.

......... The game is excellent, and I hope I can inspire some folks to give it a look! Cheers!

Agreed completely, one of the best small gang skirmish games available. It works really well as a narrative campaign and for stand alone scenario gaming.

Offline AWu

• Mastermind
    • War is the H-word
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2019, 12:35:20 PM »
You got me interested.
Never heard about this game and topic is very interesting to me.
Any battle reports ?

I see on YT that there was some free pdf book during kickstarter but I fail te find it now. Any link to that ?

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spanish offworld colonies
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2019, 02:51:55 PM »
Links to the downloads are on the blogsite that supports the rules:

http://brokencontract.blogspot.com

Downloadable rules are the earlier playtest versions so not current but will give you an idea on the gameplay.
Plenty of other information there too.

Offline LeadAsbestos

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Broken Contract: First Painted!
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2019, 11:11:47 PM »
First official painted minis!

Breaker Gen-Mod

Breaker

Black Squadron Security, Breaker, Knife Syndicate

First play-thru on a starter scenario