Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:23:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: 15mm Warlords of Erehwon  (Read 2106 times)

Offline Lord GreyWolf

• Mad Scientist
15mm Warlords of Erehwon
« on: January 12, 2019, 04:17:25 AM »
So with Warlords new Fantasy game launching soon I thought why not jump in but do it at 15mm scale.

I have three Bolt Action armies set in 15mm and pretty sure I could mix and match some of my WWII terrain into a fantasy setting.

But struggling with 15mm Fantasy manufacturers... so far I have looked at the following companies:
Demonworld Minitures
Alternative Armies
Splinter light Miniatures
khurasan miniatures
Essex Miniatures

looking to make an Undead list for starters and then either a Human Empire style army.
I do like the Demonworld undead and Empire minis but its hard to see what the minis look like.

Does anyone have any of these minis painted? or can they recommend a range that would be affordable and have some detail to them.
the Rule book for WoE is released at the end of the month so won't be ordering anything for a bit but want to nail down the minis if I can.

Cheers for any and all help given..

LGW

Offline HerbyF

• Mastermind
  • Why fear nightmares when you can be one
Re: 15mm Warlords of Erehwon
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2019, 05:09:00 AM »
I have a lot of 15mm fantasy figures. although I don't have some of the figures you are asking about, I do have some figures from some of those ranges. I don't have the Demon World undead, but I do have a bunch of their beastmen and they look good next to my Essex & Grenadier 15mm stuff. I do have some of the Alternative armies undead & have mixed them into units with Grenadier, Ral Partha, & some others that I don't remember who made them. Don't have any Splintered Light or Khurasan figures so I don't know how they would mix. Hope this helps some.
LHV 2015 +200 2016 +770 2017 +636 2018 +888 2019 +1015 2020 +656 2021 +174 2022 +220 2023 +312 2024 +95

Offline Lord GreyWolf

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2019, 05:19:11 AM »
I have a lot of 15mm fantasy figures. although I don't have some of the figures you are asking about, I do have some figures from some of those ranges. I don't have the Demon World undead, but I do have a bunch of their beastmen and they look good next to my Essex & Grenadier 15mm stuff. I do have some of the Alternative armies undead & have mixed them into units with Grenadier, Ral Partha, & some others that I don't remember who made them. Don't have any Splintered Light or Khurasan figures so I don't know how they would mix. Hope this helps some.

Would you happen to have some pics of your minis?

LGW

Offline Hobgoblin

• Galactic Brain
    • Hobgoblinry
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2019, 09:04:54 AM »
These two elements contain Demonworld, Alternative Armies, Ral Partha (25mm), Essex, Grenadier (Mirliton), Magister Militum (Blood Dawn) and Magister Militum (Chariot). They're not undead or human, obviously, but they might give you an idea of how the various ranges look, detail-wise.

Offline Hobgoblin

• Galactic Brain
    • Hobgoblinry
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2019, 09:07:41 AM »
And these are some very quickly painted (and unbased!) skeletons: two Essex and the rest Magister Militum (Chariot):

Offline Lord GreyWolf

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2019, 09:16:09 AM »
Thx Hobgoblin

The struggle I am finding at the moment is a range that has all of the various units I want.
some have Spearmen , archers and cavalry but then they don't have catapults or Ballistas.
or their images are so small its hard to see what they look like.

LGW

Offline Frostie

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2019, 10:00:51 AM »
Thx Hobgoblin

The struggle I am finding at the moment is a range that has all of the various units I want.
some have Spearmen , archers and cavalry but then they don't have catapults or Ballistas.

LGW

Hi mate

Check my blog out, follow the fantasy link.....

https://warrenswargamerantings.blogspot.com/

Offline Lord GreyWolf

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2019, 11:09:19 AM »
Cheers Frostie

Will do

LGW

Offline swiftnick

• Mastermind
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2019, 11:42:08 AM »
Try battle Valor games sold in the UK by Dragonfrog. They have a full range of skeletons called Decians.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 07:47:43 PM by swiftnick »

Offline Hobgoblin

• Galactic Brain
    • Hobgoblinry
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2019, 11:45:29 AM »

Have you had a look through the Magister Militum range? They don't have the siege engines , but they do have chariots. And they have quite a few different infantry and cavalry types.

If you can get hold of any 15mm engine of war, it should be quite easy to crew it from an infantry pack (a spearman could be holding bolt-thrower ammunition, for example). And at that scale, it's easy to paint (e.g.) a human crew as zombies or whatever.

Offline tjub

• Librarian
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2019, 12:37:16 PM »
Id say all of Demonworlds miniatures are Wonderfull. You can't go wrong there!

As for 15mm evil dwarfs, Admiralty Miniatures got a growing range. Sculpted by me, se link to their shop in my signature here...  :D

Offline Dante

• Student
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2019, 05:47:51 PM »
I have photos of lots of 15mm fantasy miniatures on blog also - https://dantes-game.blogspot.com/2017/09/15mm-fantasy.html?m=1

Mostly demon world but also splintered light and Khurasan.