Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:37:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Japanese Army for Bolt Action  (Read 1121 times)

Offline Mark M Down

• Librarian
Japanese Army for Bolt Action
« on: January 12, 2019, 03:00:37 PM »
I am putting together a Japanese army for Bolt Action. I have not really played much with a Japanese army before. Wondered if anyone had any thoughts? If you would like to see some pictures of my army and my initial thoughts please do feel free to check out my blog: https://marctgames.wordpress.com/2019/01/12/army-for-winter-offensive/

Offline voltan

• Mastermind
Re: Japanese Army for Bolt Action
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2019, 04:43:52 PM »
That's some very nice brushwork on those, no idea about the army itself sorry, never used them or even faced them across the table.
Yvan eht nioj!

Offline Mark M Down

• Librarian
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2019, 05:59:17 PM »
Thank you. I enjoyed painting them. It could be a steep learning curve but I shall enjoy playing with them nevertheless.

Offline Captain yapudo

• Scientist
    • STRATEJEUX
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2019, 08:34:52 PM »
BANZAIIIII....
If you deploy your right army on the left,
and the left on your right,
your enemy can't know your intention....
"Confusionnus"

Offline joekano

• Mastermind
    • My blog: Major Thomas Foolery
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2019, 09:51:42 PM »
They look great!

I play Japanese and they are actually more versatile than people think; you can play against US, British Commonwealth, China and the Soviets.

In hand to hand combat, they perform really well against the other armies.  The only downside to them is the lack of really good armor compared to their opponents. As such, buy anti-tank grenades for your infantry whenever possible.   The suicide anti-tank teams are also useful depending on the scenario.
"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here, this is the war room." -President Merkin Muffley
http://majorthomasfoolery.blogspot.com/

Offline Viden

• Assistant
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2019, 08:55:09 AM »
I haven't play Bolt Action in ages, but being the Japanese my main army I remember that the main lesson I learnt was that the Japanese are better suited for defense rather than attack. while they have nice close combat rules, they usually lack the toys of the big armies and can be mauled easily as most people think (they are no even Hard Fighters despite their whole training revolving around the idea of getting to close combat).

On the contrary, the moral rules makes them quite hard to take them out of hard cover, because your enemy is going to need to kill every single one of your men. I remember winning defensive scenarios only because my opponent spent too much time bombarding my fellows and ran out of time to get to the objectives because he did not felt save enough to advance against me.