Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 08:59:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689499
  • Total Topics: 118281
  • Online Today: 572
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: The Lordsburg Stage...  (Read 3074 times)

Offline Harry Faversham

• Galactic Brain
The Lordsburg Stage...
« on: January 16, 2019, 01:37:11 AM »
Has come a cropper deep in Indian country!
The stagecoach is wrecked in Thirsty Man's Creek... driver, guard, pregnant lady, Doc Pearson and (lucky for 'em all) The Ringo Kid can hear Coyotes calling to one another in the sagebrush.
The Cavalry fort is five miles walk north,  there's a hope the Powder River patrol might may show up...

Stay put and pray hard?

Set out through Indian country for the fort?

What to do... ?

:o
"Wot did you do in the war Grandad?"

"I was with Harry... At The Bridge!"

Offline Marine0846

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
Re: The Lordsburg Stage...
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2019, 07:23:18 PM »

Better eaten by the Coyotes...
than the Indians get them. :D
(Play the proper music.)
Semper Fi, Mac

Offline FifteensAway

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2019, 01:43:48 AM »
The Lone Ranger, with Tonto in tow, rides up and immediately recognizes Ringo - it's those fancy 'drumsticks' in the holsters - and...

High-ho Silver, Away!

Offline Harry Faversham

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2019, 01:57:24 AM »
I do wish you two would take the plight of the pilgrims...
a tad more seriously. Here they are a holed up in the Creek holding a counsel of war... they decide to set off for the fort.

« Last Edit: January 17, 2019, 11:44:50 AM by Harry Faversham »

Offline Harry Faversham

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2019, 11:51:01 AM »
As they break cover the Cheyenne War Party, led by that renowned and feared war chief, The Great Lame Beaver break cover and attack. Lightening quick reactions enables Th Ringo Kid o drop the first Redskin closing in on their scalps...

:o

Offline Harry Faversham

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2019, 12:23:22 PM »
The Great Lame Beaver has, a well deserved reputation, for leading from the front. He leaps into the creek and makes a dead run for The Ringo Kid. Dead being the operative word here, the Kid chambers a second round into his Winchester and puts The Great Lame Beaver one right between the minces… he’s in the Happy Hunting Grounds quicker than you can say… ouch!

THE GREAT LAME BEAVER!!!

OUCH!!!

Slanderous sniggers of..

“Cop for that Great Lame Tosspot!”

And…

“Pity you didn’t paint that dikhead with war paint instead of squaw paint, innit!”

Echo over the Plains…
But the great warrior’s deemise is soon avenged! His blood brother, Smelly Moccasin, draws a bead on the Ringo Kid and kills him first shot.

Things aren’t going well for the pilgrims as Smelly’s second shot kills Hank the stage driver.

:)

« Last Edit: January 17, 2019, 12:42:41 PM by Harry Faversham »

Offline Marine0846

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2019, 05:38:44 PM »

Damn, I figured the Coyotes would get them before the Indians.
Ringo dead! :o
Then Hank. "Oh my." :(
Where is the guard? ???
Can the Doc even shoot? ::)
What will become of the Pregnant Lady? :-[
Guess we will have to wait for part 2.
Wait, wait, I know, the Cavalry shows up in time,
to save who is left. :)

Offline FifteensAway

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2019, 03:39:44 AM »
Alas, I fear it not to be, the Powder River Patrol is taking a bit too long of a powder and will arrive too late.  But wait!  There's more.  There will be revenge.  Why, there is likely to be two patrols closing in to get that revenge.  And free shipping if you call in the next five minutes.

Offline Marine0846

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2019, 06:14:24 PM »

What, the Cavalry has not come to save the heroes? :o
Must be F Troop. :?

Offline Harry Faversham

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2019, 01:42:33 AM »
Things aren’t going well for the pilgrims as Smelly’s second shot kills Hank the stage driver, and the Redskins break cover to rush the survivors. Doc Pearson valiantly attempts to protect the pregnant lady, but at 63, he’s no match for a Cheyenne Dog Doldier wielding a tomahawk, him and the guard are quickly massacreed then scalped and pregnant lady made captive!

:'(
« Last Edit: January 19, 2019, 01:45:45 AM by Harry Faversham »

Offline FifteensAway

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2019, 02:09:55 AM »
Ah, revenge AND a rescue mission.  See, two patrols after all.   lol  I forget, did the lady's pee stick turn blue or pink, or is it yellow?   ;D

Offline Marine0846

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2019, 02:28:45 AM »

And where is the Cavalry? :-X

Fun read.
May I ask what rules you are using?
Also like the stage, who makes it?

Offline Harry Faversham

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2019, 10:08:39 AM »
And where is the Cavalry? :-X

Fun read.
May I ask what rules you are using?
Also like the stage, who makes it?

Just as she was being dragged away the pregnant lady heard... a very distant trumpet.
The rules are Jaye Wiley's Fistful of Lead, perfect for B Western dust ups!
The stagecoach is from those nice people at Dead Man's Hand, I found it a frustrating build, but was well impressed with it at the end. The stage comes with a base, driver and scatter gun/guard bloke, four horses and two passengers to bung inside 'cos the roof comes off.

:)

Offline Harry Faversham

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2019, 10:48:39 AM »
 As the pregnant lady is being dragged, screaming from the awful sight of the massacree, she hears a very, very distant trumpet… it’s the Boy General himself at the head of the Powder River patrol!

Eagle eyed viewers will have noticed another Cheyenne War party has also arrived. May I introduce a Redskin that makes even The Great Lame Tosspot look bright? Here is, Chief Chicken Hawk Squawking…

In a costly oversight him and his Braves have brought knives to a gunfight, two of his blokes get cut down in the charge. This enrages Smelly Moccasin who’s still lurking on the bluffs, two quick shots from him and the odds are even!

Chicken Hawk Squawking clears the creek in a mighty bound and after a protracted fight both him and the Boy General succumb to their wounds…

There’s by now more distant trumpets blaring than a Yorkshire Colliery brass band contest. The rest of the Cavalry patrol show up, as do another band of Dog Soldiers…

The fight eddies and swirls in the dust of the Plains, when it clears there’s one unhorsed Trooper, last man standing. But the Redskins have not been idle. Smelly and his cohorts sneak up and the lone yellowlegs falls to Smelly’s unerring carbeen…

Victory to the Indians!!!

Smelly Moccasin, of the Cheyenne Dog Soldiers!!!

:-*

Offline FifteensAway

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2019, 06:18:54 PM »
Eee-gads, man.  Deux-ex-machina, when it happens, is bad enough.  But a house out of nowhere?  Where the heck did that come from?  :?

There is still time to redeem yourself, and the cavalry, too.  There's still a rescue mission to be mounted, amongst other activities that may involve the 'lass', some of them of a nocturnal, perhaps 'smelly', nature.   :D