Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 02:57:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1685048
  • Total Topics: 118007
  • Online Today: 766
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 551
Total: 554

Recent

Author Topic: Rapid Fire 10x10  (Read 835 times)

Offline Unlucky General

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scientist
Rapid Fire 10x10
« on: January 16, 2019, 07:24:18 AM »
http://unluckygeneral.blogspot.com/search/label/Rapid%20Fire

For those who might be interested, I developed some years ago a series of vehicle/gun charts for Rapid Fire but based on an armour/gun class of 10x10 instead of the published 6x6. My amendments apply armour ratings of A through to J and gun classes 1-10. My vehicle gun charts are extensive but not complete and don't include Russian or Japanese equipment - because I have not gamed with those forces.

I went right into armour thicknesses and sloping crossed with gun velocities and all sort of considerations at the time of writing. I had previously posted them on my Unlucky General generic blog using Scribd but hadn't realised people couldn't copy them for themselves. I have just remedied this (I hope) and for anyone who thinks it worth the effort they should now be freely available to all.

I have charts for British/Commonwealth, French, Italian, United States and German - all in PDF format for A4 in landscape format. I'm not pretending for one second this is in any way definitive - it's just something I did for myself and my wargaming friends. It's just my assessments and interpretations. I'd encourage anyone to make changes to them.

I have also uploaded the play-sheet or reference-sheet which is more comprehensive than the published versions in either Rapid Fire V1 or V2 and they are in A3 format. They are adapted to the 10x10 system but include more useful references and charts (I find).

To finish off I have also included a Rapid Fire Moderns (up to 1996) A3 reference sheet for Aaron W Lonmgbottom's extension of the rules he released for free in 1996.

I have included a simple link to my current latest Blog page using the Rapid Fire label within it and you can see the series of postings for each addition.

If anyone tries it I hope you enjoy them. They have been well play tested and includes side armour variations. The idea really came from wanting just a little more depth for desert warfare where there is less terrain to hide behind and vehicle characteristics became so much more important - including reliability.

Offline Belisarius

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
    • Yahoo groups Ulster Wargames Society
Re: Rapid Fire 10x10
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2019, 11:07:32 AM »
A labour of love indeed . I always enjoy your blog , especially the SYW and FIW content . Glad to see you posting on this forum .

Offline wrgmr1

• Mad Scientist
  • Mad Gamer and Painter
Re: Rapid Fire 10x10
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2019, 03:06:52 AM »
Agreed! As a group we have played a fair amount of RF. I have always wondered if a 10 sided die would be better for armor.

Thanks very much for all this work!
Cheers,
Thomas