Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:21:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686597
  • Total Topics: 118110
  • Online Today: 626
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Home Guard (WIP's ,from Laffer's Photographs.) First sets. 28/01.  (Read 6251 times)

Offline tin shed gamer

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
A while ago I asked if anyone was intrested in having a likeness of themselves or of a family member added to the 20th century Follies range.(since its primarily base on real people rather than generic cannon fodder)
Today I've managed to find some time to post a few sculpts ,of some the photos people sent me.(Not all ;) )

Mark.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2019, 11:32:57 AM by tin shed gamer »

Offline von Lucky

• Galactic Brain
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • Donner und Blitzen Wargaming
They are full of character - love 'em.
- Karsten

"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Blog: Donner und Blitzen

Online vodkafan

• Scatterbrained Genius
Must have these  :o ;D
I am going to build a wargames army, a big beautiful wargames army, and Mexico is going to pay for it.

2019 Painting Challenge :
figures bought: 500+
figures painted: 57
9 vehicles painted
4 terrain pieces scratchbuilt

Offline Belisarius

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
    • Yahoo groups Ulster Wargames Society
These are excellent, I,ve never heard of anyone doing this before , well done .

Offline Ewan

• Scientist
Excellent, I'm down for a set  :)

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
Oh my word, these might be the finest homeguard I've ever seen.

I joined my gun with pirate swords, and sailed the seas of cyberspace.

Offline Madmick

• Scientist
They will become available on the 1st Corps site when we have a few packs ready. They will be releasd under the category 'Home Front'

Offline Dags

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
They look ace 8)

Offline SABOT

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
  • " Keep Loading !"
Simply the best ever. 👍

Offline aircav

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • the aircav saga
Loving these 👍👍👍👍

Offline marianas_gamer

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Our Man on Guam Watchman in the East
Love the faces! Would you identify the rogues gallery? lol
Lon
Got to kick at the darkness till it bleeds daylight.

Offline Ewan

• Scientist
They will become available on the 1st Corps site when we have a few packs ready. They will be releasd under the category 'Home Front'
The fact the figures are getting their own category hopefully means that the 'Home Front' range will have a good number of figures and not just Home Guard.

Offline tin shed gamer

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
Cheers chaps,
 I'm genuinely glad you like them.

Marianas,
I'm not going to list who's who. Simply because thats not what I promised. I know a couple of people have mentioned which figures are of family members. Which is absolutely fine.It's also the point of the exercise.
Ewan.
Initially there's five sets of figures ( not all of the additional sets are finished or indeed will be in time for York on 3rd Feb.
 I'm almost out of people to sculpt .( only two not sculpted.) So I'll probably return to period photographs and pick people / faces from them to continue with as there's still quite a few things I wish to explore that will fall under the new heading or the Follies.
Mark.

Offline The Dozing Dragon

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • The Little Soldier Company
Wonderful characters.

Offline Poiter50

• Scatterbrained Genius
Interesting. Slightly OTT, a friend who is a professional artist and has won competitions to paint some government ceremonies in historic buildings/places, working on official photos or footage, has found that the real images can be sparse for the number of people present, so he solved this by adding people in that he knows despite them not being at the event. Now, when he has an opening display of his art of these official events, it has become a fun thing to "spot" the interloper.

Cheers chaps,
 I'm genuinely glad you like them.

Marianas,
I'm not going to list who's who. Simply because thats not what I promised. I know a couple of people have mentioned which figures are of family members. Which is absolutely fine.It's also the point of the exercise.
Ewan.
Initially there's five sets of figures ( not all of the additional sets are finished or indeed will be in time for York on 3rd Feb.
 I'm almost out of people to sculpt .( only two not sculpted.) So I'll probably return to period photographs and pick people / faces from them to continue with as there's still quite a few things I wish to explore that will fall under the new heading or the Follies.
Mark.
Cheers,
Poiter50