Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 04:48:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Only 20 years late to the party: a Skaven Mordheim warband  (Read 3284 times)

Offline MagpieJono

• Scientist
Re: Only 20 years late to the party: a Skaven Mordheim warband
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2019, 05:49:30 PM »
Am I the only one not seeing any pictures on this thread?

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2019, 11:09:35 PM »
I'm seeing them on Firefox - despite having occasional photo sources blocked by an aggressive pop-up blocker here.
2024 Painted Miniatures: 203
('23: 159, '22: 214, '21: 148, '20: 207, '19: 123, '18: 98, '17: 226, '16: 233, '15: 32, '14: 116)

https://myminiaturemischief.blogspot.com
Find us at TurnStyle Games on Facebook!

Offline Coenus Scaldingus

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2020, 06:56:07 PM »
You know that moment when you were about to finally get some paint on your rat ninja minis, but instead you end up using leftover plastic rats to start a new warband of rat pirates instead? Or should I say... pirats? No, no I shouldn't. Anyway, I'm sure we've all been there.

Will probably still paint a few of the original gang before starting on these to try out some fur patterns and practice painting rust, as I'd like this mutinous crew of drunkards and backstabbers to look extra nice. Very much enjoying putting these together, although some of the later ones will have to be more bland as I'm running out of pirate tropes!
Of course, "Clan Skurvy" is a perfectly real thing in Skaven lore, and as not much is written about them, that allows for a lot of filling in the gaps as I see fit. These currently represent the crew of the Fake Pearl, captained by none other than Baratossa. Equally referential names will follow for the rest of course. After all, this is Warhammer.

Among the figures made so far are...

...a basic ratman verminkin armed with a "club" (bottle) and "dagger" (broken bottle)...

...an energetic peg-legged night runner with what can only be described as a sufficient number of knives...

...a rat with a blunderbuss, who won't be part of the orignal gang, but why wouldn't I make a rat with a blunderbuss...

...and the captain himself, complete with treasure map, spyglass, warplock pistols, eyepatch, and a nice fancy hat. Told you I was running out of tropes. He nearly got a rat dressed up as a parrot (>"parrat") too, but that one will go to the sorcerer equivalent intead.

I... may have to build them a boat one day.
~Ad finem temporum~

Offline Historiker

• Scientist
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2020, 07:58:57 PM »
Really cha-ratter-ful!

Makes me want to build a Skaven warband as well. But since I have too many ongoing projects, I will instead enjoy looking at your fantastic stuff here!
"The philosopher Didactylos has summed up an alternative hypothesis as: Things just happen. What the hell."

Offline Bloggard

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2020, 09:05:42 PM »
crikey that green-stuff tricorne-y hat is a bit good