Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 05:14:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Plastic Frostgrave Wizards  (Read 14689 times)

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
Plastic Frostgrave Wizards
« on: January 22, 2019, 07:39:38 PM »
I assume everyone has seen this?

Offline GDonk

• Scientist
Re: Plastic Frostgrave Wizards
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2019, 08:06:36 PM »
No -  :-* :-* - so thank you for sharing.

Offline MustContainMinis

• Librarian
    • Must Contain Minis
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2019, 08:41:37 PM »
That is some exciting news!
Check out my site Must Contain Minis. I do news, previews, showcases and reviews of miniatures and miniature related products.

Offline fastolfrus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2019, 10:12:45 PM »
Looking forward to them.

Next challenge is merging Frostgrave with The Chicago Way to play Fantastic Beasts.....

Gary, Glynis, and Alasdair (there are three of us, but we are too mean to have more than one login)

Offline pacarat

• Mad Scientist
    • pacarat.blogspot.com
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2019, 11:29:19 PM »
Looking forward to them.

Next challenge is merging Frostgrave with The Chicago Way to play Fantastic Beasts.....

But where to find them...?

Offline tomrommel1

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
    • Wargamesgazette
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2019, 06:55:19 AM »
Are there pictures of the sprues already?
In hoc signo vinces

Have a look at www.wargamesgazette.com

Offline Lost Egg

• Mastermind
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2019, 07:50:36 AM »
I can see a lot of potential with this box...would love to see some sprue / example build pics.
My current project...Classic Wargame - An experiment in 24" of wargaming!

https://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=140633.new#new

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2019, 09:03:54 AM »
Are there pictures of the sprues already?
Not that I have found.

I saw it first on Wargames Terrain.
http://wargameterrain.blogspot.com/2019/01/breaking-northstar-miniatures-new-hard.html
Then on https://www.beastsofwar.com/news/plastic-wizard-kit-frostgrave-north-star/

The question is, what would be in the box? Twenty wizard figures? I would suspect something more like the GW wizards kit, limited number of bodies, lots of options.

Of course it could all be some clever photoshoppery.

Offline Lost Egg

• Mastermind
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2019, 09:09:59 AM »
No photoshoppery...it was in a NorthStar email too.

From the box art I am assuming there will be the option to build apprentices too. Usually FG boxes have 20 minis in them and say so on the box front but the Wizard one above doesn't specify a number. Perhaps a smaller sprue with only a couple of bodies on it as it would be cheaper to have multiple small sprues rather than fewer normal size sprues.

Offline Griefbringer

• Scientist
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2019, 10:57:59 AM »
I would think that 20 wizards per box would be a bit more than what most customers are looking.

I would also assume that the box is likely to include equal amounts of wizards and apprentices.

Offline spect_spidey

• Scientist
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2019, 12:13:11 PM »
I would think that 20 wizards per box would be a bit more than what most customers are looking.

I would also assume that the box is likely to include equal amounts of wizards and apprentices.

It could be 20 to represent the Wizard Conclave to coincide with the release of the book by the same name. Or it could be a normal sprue, but instead of getting 4 sprues with 5 bodies you just get one sprue. Who knows. But I am very excited to see the sprue and get an idea of when it will come out!

Offline Lost Egg

• Mastermind
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2019, 12:16:52 PM »
I wonder if it will be a smaller sprue with 2 bodies plus bits and if you get maybe a couple of those in a pack.

Offline Coenus Scaldingus

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2019, 03:42:27 PM »
I would expect comparatively fewer bodies and more bits than on the normal Frostgrave sprues.. but how many bodies and how big the pile of bits from one box will be remains to be seen, but I'm certainly looking forward to finding out!

Wonder if they'll put specific bits in for all of the Frostgrave schools of magic, or more generic wizardy parts.
And a mix of male and female? After all, there was a plastic box with female warriors recently, and the metal wizards/apprentices have always been a mixture.
Not sure if the difference between wizard and apprentice will be as pronounced, maybe have some older and younger heads. Other than that, any apprentices can just get fewer decorative bits.
~Ad finem temporum~

Offline Lost Egg

• Mastermind
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2019, 03:48:47 PM »
That's true... maybe the bodies are interchangable with young / old heads. Not sure about female minis...I would have expected them to make one of the figures on the box female if ladies were going to be an option; it'd be cool though.

Offline Daniel36

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2019, 07:20:17 AM »
The fun part though, if you left any Soldier or Cultist bodies unassembled, you could easily use those bodies too for an additional wizard or apprentice. I've already seen some people use them for a wizard and they look fantastic!