Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 08:12:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689632
  • Total Topics: 118288
  • Online Today: 681
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: (COMMERCIAL) Hue 1968 from Gringo40s. New!!  (Read 209192 times)

Offline gringo

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
Re: Hue 1968 from Gringo40s. New!!
« Reply #150 on: March 15, 2019, 09:45:30 AM »
Carlos
of course....extra stowage kit..the works..in essense see below
in faltering espanol! :D ;) :o :-* o_o 8)

"son como las pie zas de un rompecabezas que encajan
unas con otras y el resultado final es mas que la suma de
sus phartes..Saludetes Ged

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
  • Flamenguista até morrer.
« Reply #151 on: March 15, 2019, 11:48:14 AM »
O que é isso? Uma língua bem estranha!  lol

Eu não sou argentino amigo! Ou, nas palavras de Ritchie Valens:

Yo no soy argentino,
Yo no soy paraguaio,
Soy traficante, soy traficante.... :D
« Last Edit: March 15, 2019, 11:49:47 AM by carlos marighela »
Em dezembro de '81
Botou os ingleses na roda
3 a 0 no Liverpool
Ficou marcado na história
E no Rio não tem outro igual
Só o Flamengo é campeão mundial
E agora seu povo
Pede o mundo de novo

Offline gringo

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #152 on: March 15, 2019, 12:14:20 PM »
carlos

was a wild gues !!  :D :D :D :D
being one of the "wild geese" the
latin vibe is stong in me..
pauvre espanol on my part.. ;)

cheers
Ged

Offline 6milPhil

• Galactic Brain
    • Slug Industries
« Reply #153 on: March 15, 2019, 02:08:43 PM »
Well, I don't have a company, but my project management experience would lead me to:

My mistake, I thought you were one of the 1st Corps guys. Guess not.

Gaming's an odd industry, once you involve more than one person it becomes like herding cats, the more folk involved the bigger the herd. It's like no other sector I've worked in and I'm genuinely not convinced that rules which may work well elsewhere apply.

Offline Juan

• Mad Scientist
    • Manche´s Walpurgisnacht
« Reply #154 on: March 15, 2019, 03:02:25 PM »
I like to have seen the mule. This is a very different model, or an unusual one for the beginning of a range. On the other hand, I would like to know how many models will be available for the "recruitment" of a full platoon. All of them different? Only a limited number of them?
« Last Edit: March 15, 2019, 07:50:14 PM by Juan »

Offline gringo

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #155 on: March 15, 2019, 08:34:34 PM »
Juan

thanks for your interest and positive comments
will enlighten everyone once im happy with all
aspects of Hue 1968 ive undertaken to date :D

cheers
Ged
www.gringo40s.com

Offline Paratrooper 42

• Librarian
« Reply #156 on: March 17, 2019, 12:17:06 PM »
My mistake, I thought you were one of the 1st Corps guys. Guess not.

Gaming's an odd industry, once you involve more than one person it becomes like herding cats, the more folk involved the bigger the herd. It's like no other sector I've worked in and I'm genuinely not convinced that rules which may work well elsewhere apply.

No, not connected to any manufacturer, just a gamer retunring to the fold. I have to agree about the hearding cats comments, we wargamers are a difficult bunch to please. We often want the obscure, we want in now and we don’t want to pay much for it.

The frustration I was feeling in this thread is the promise of new goodies but the lack of any timeframes.  To the cinic in me it seems that if you post here extolling the virtues of the potential range you get a reply, but if you ask an ‘awkward’ question you get ignored.

Ultravanillasmurf and Dr Zombie
thanks for the input :D

cheers
Ged
www.gringo40s.com

Now I may be wrong, but to me it’s good business practice to respond to customer enquiries, but I don’t get the impression that this manufacturer is that bothered about feedback (unless it’s positive). Maybe it’s more of a vanity project than a serious attempt to launch a comprehensive Hie range?  I will be looking towards Empress for my Vietnam figure fix, they seem to have got all their cats herded. 🙂

Offline DaveL

• Bookworm
« Reply #157 on: March 17, 2019, 04:28:46 PM »
Now I may be wrong, but to me it’s good business practice to respond to customer enquiries, but I don’t get the impression that this manufacturer is that bothered about feedback (unless it’s positive). Maybe it’s more of a vanity project than a serious attempt to launch a comprehensive Hie range?  I will be looking towards Empress for my Vietnam figure fix, they seem to have got all their cats herded. 🙂

Sorry to hear you haven't been happy with Gringos Paratrooper42.

It's quite A while since I had dealings with this company - quite a few years since I bought the Mexican-american range,  but I found the company greatly concerned with accuracy, attention to detail and customer satisfaction.
Since then, I've followed the new ranges out of interest.

From my brief dealings with Gringos, I'm certain that you have been unfair suggesting that this is just an ego trip - I found that customer satisfaction and a desire to produce high quality goods was at the top of the list.
Also, I would never dream of telling someone how to run their company. After all, Gringos seems to have run very well since I bought the US-mexican figures from them when they first came out.

Also, this Vietnam range is only just developing, and I'm sure Gringos has a business plan ready for the launch of this range. It may not always seem logical to us punters, but I'm sure Gringos experience thus far will  turn out well in the end.

The few shots I've seen so far suggest that this range is going to be good - the mule looks great.

As to ignoring customers who make less enthusiastic comments - and at the end of the day, I suppose we all have the right to choose who we reply to - the comments about weapons have been accepted and listened to.
I might also comment on figures, but I would never tell someone how to run their business!

Sorry to go on, but I just feel that criticisms of the kind you have made cannot go unanswered, and although I Don't know why Gringos chose not to reply, but from my past experience of dealing with the company, I'd suggest that Gringos are being professional and taking it all in their stride. So I felt - rightly or wrongly - that I should step in and "defend" them, even though I Don't purchase from them any  more as my ranges are all complete.

I'm sure the range will develop and as I always think, quality is well worth waiting for.
I wish you luck with your collection and hope that you enjoy your Empress purchases.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2019, 04:37:31 PM by Westfalia Chris »

Offline Shipka

• Mastermind
    • RussoTurkishWar1877
« Reply #158 on: March 17, 2019, 06:20:27 PM »
having invested heavily in the Tonkin range, and having seen Gringos bring out all the elements there, I for one will be following The Hue range and purchasing it for I know how Gringos researches its ranges it plans to invest in.......One must keep in mind Gringos40 is one mans passion for the hobby and therefore he gets to direct the table upon which it is played,

Offline Poiter50

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #159 on: March 18, 2019, 01:39:11 AM »
Glad you responded in that manner. I have been viewing paratrooper42's comments and thinking "there is someone with an axe to grind" and IMHO unfairly as Gringo has been responsive to my mind.

Sorry to hear you haven't been happy with Gringos Paratrooper42.

It's quite A while since I had dealings with this company - quite a few years since I bought the Mexican-american range,  but I found the company greatly concerned with accuracy, attention to detail and customer satisfaction.
Since then, I've followed the new ranges out of interest.

From my brief dealings with Gringos, I'm certain that you have been unfair suggesting that this is just an ego trip - I found that customer satisfaction and a desire to produce high quality goods was at the top of the list.
Also, I would never dream of telling someone how to run their company. After all, Gringos seems to have run very well since I bought the US-mexican figures from them when they first came out.

Also, this Vietnam range is only just developing, and I'm sure Gringos has a business plan ready for the launch of this range. It may not always seem logical to us punters, but I'm sure Gringos experience thus far will  turn out well in the end.

The few shots I've seen so far suggest that this range is going to be good - the mule looks great.

As to ignoring customers who make less enthusiastic comments - and at the end of the day, I suppose we all have the right to choose who we reply to - the comments about weapons have been accepted and listened to.
I might also comment on figures, but I would never tell someone how to run their business!

Sorry to go on, but I just feel that criticisms of the kind you have made cannot go unanswered, and although I Don't know why Gringos chose not to reply, but from my past experience of dealing with the company, I'd suggest that Gringos are being professional and taking it all in their stride. So I felt - rightly or wrongly - that I should step in and "defend" them, even though I Don't purchase from them any  more as my ranges are all complete.

I'm sure the range will develop and as I always think, quality is well worth waiting for.
I wish you luck with your collection and hope that you enjoy your Empress purchases.
Cheers,
Poiter50

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
  • Flamenguista até morrer.
« Reply #160 on: March 18, 2019, 07:36:07 AM »
Ged is one of the more communicative manufacturers on this forum and someone who always responds to customer feedback. Not sure how he can legitimately criticised for that. Entirely up to him how he chooses to release and promote his range.

Offline Elk101

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #161 on: March 18, 2019, 10:21:42 AM »
Can we go back to talking about the figures and vehicles please? I've been having a look at the mule again and I know Ged was looking to do some variants; I was thinking that some load outs for ammo boxes, supplies, etc would-be really useful. They could be useful for game objectives, etc. A version with an M60 would be great too. Just some suggestions.

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #162 on: March 18, 2019, 10:36:54 AM »
First I would like to say I have learned something, that if you click on the title text of a quote box you go to what is quoted.

I only mention it because I wondered what I had said.

I have had no dealings with Gringo40, I have only had a look at their stand (mainly at Colours), but have found the responses on this thread to be friendly.

Early on it was stated that the range would go on sale in the second quarter. That is evidently the plan, when the project is nearer completion we will get an actual date (there might be an internal day, but there is always unforeseen circumstances).

I have no idea if their figures are sculpted in-house or contracted out (and if they are in-house whether there are other projects in that part of the production pipeline).

The Mule might be the inspiration or a cure for sculpter's block.

It is just unfortunate that there are three 28mm Vietnam ranges (two here and one on the sub-forum above) coming out around the same time.

I look forward to seeing how they develop and wish them all luck.

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #163 on: March 18, 2019, 10:40:03 AM »
Can we go back to talking about the figures and vehicles please? I've been having a look at the mule again and I know Ged was looking to do some variants; I was thinking that some load outs for ammo boxes, supplies, etc would-be really useful. They could be useful for game objectives, etc. A version with an M60 would be great too. Just some suggestions.
Yes please (sorry this was posted while I was writing).

Definitely want ammo boxes.

Offline gringo

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #164 on: March 20, 2019, 12:40:11 PM »
Better shot of original Marine 68 with M16..

cheers
Ged
www.gringo40s.com