Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:51:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: SAGA in the Castle (Norwich, 23rd February 2019)  (Read 670 times)

Offline mcfonz

• Mastermind
    • Poison Spurs - blog and reviews
SAGA in the Castle (Norwich, 23rd February 2019)
« on: January 24, 2019, 03:12:47 PM »
Ok, so I have created my own name for it but the club I am part of - Norwich Aftermath Wargames Club - has been invited to run games and activities for all of the family in Norwich City Castle on 23rd February 2019. This is part of their Viking themed week of activities and exhibitions.

You can download the Castle's 'What's On?' program of events here: https://www.museums.norfolk.gov.uk/norwich-castle/whats-on

If you go to their main front page you will also note that the Castle will be closed later this year for refurbishment. The idea is to return the inside of the keep to it's original layout. For those that don't know, it is a Norman keep that has seen use as a lords residence, then a military barracks, then as the city prison before being turned into the museum it is today.

Photograph of Norwich Castle Keep during its conversion from prison to museum, 1889.

As part of these activities we will be running two games of SAGA with scenarios reflecting likely events in the region. Vikings 'visiting' a village and being seen off by local levy, Vikings 'visiting' a church to help relieve a wagon of wine of it's load after having broken an axle. These will feature 3pt warbands and a cut down version of the battleboards to make for quicker and simpler games for all ages and those new to the game itself.

Obviously this is a family event so I am sharing it with those of you in and around the area or who may plan to visit the area on holiday and are looking for things to do with your family.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2019, 03:19:00 PM by mcfonz »
RP Tabletop Blog:

RP vlog channel: https://www.youtube.com/@RandomPlatypus