Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 11:11:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: The Nickstarter for the Tribal figures for Ghost Archipelago.  (Read 1397 times)

Offline nicknorthstar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
The Nickstarter for the Tribal figures for Ghost Archipelago.
« on: January 27, 2019, 02:29:10 PM »
It's begun today.

You can read all about it here: http://nstarmagazine.com/FROSTGRAVE_GHOST_ARCHIPELAGO_GODS_OF_FIRE.htm

We're not running it for long, so jump in quick if you want to get involved.

There are different deals for the figures, but none of the figure deals include the book Gods of Fire. If you need the book, buy a 'Deal 1' as well.
There's also a couple of book deals for Ghost Archipelago newbies, and a Tribal Army deal for those of you who want more than just a Frostgrave warband.

I've also put the Ghost Archipelago plastic frames on sale on their own for the first time. They will only be for sale during the Nickstarter.

Lastly, just 'cus I like you, if you spend over £18 before the 3rd of Feb, type FIERYGODS into our discount box and it'll knock £5 off your total. You can only use it once.

Offline kuba

• Bookworm
Re: The Nickstarter for the Tribal figures for Ghost Archipelago.
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2019, 07:00:08 PM »
Cool! Could someone who already owns Gods of Fire write which of the Maze of Malcor monsters appear also in the GoF bestiary? The Acrisbird looks interesting, and seems fitting for Archipelago.

Offline spect_spidey

• Scientist
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2019, 11:36:13 PM »
Is Ghost Archipelago not at popular as regular Frostgrave? It seems like the spend total for this Nickstarter is extremely low for how many days it has been going. Is it because the book is already out? Are people not excited about the tribal releases? Or are people holding out for the plastic wizards? I really would like to know. The Maze of Malcor Nickstarter hit almost 27,000 and unlocked a lot of spend goals. At the rate this one is going, I am not sure if the first goal will be reached. Thoughts?

Offline Bloggard

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2019, 02:28:41 PM »
I suspect it's not as popular as FG - but for myself, I have the expansion book,  and am just a bit brassic tbh.

the new metal figs look about the best I 've seen for the GA range. Would like to know the sculptor - would like to say copplestone, but don't feel sure.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2019, 02:54:04 PM by Bloggard »

Offline Smoke Frog

• Librarian
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2019, 02:23:01 PM »
I really like the tribal miniatures! I really liked the original rulebook when it came out and have been looking forward to when these miniatures were finally put into production.

I would have preferred them with a more Mesoamerican/Mayan flavor, but they look really great painted up!

Offline Bloggard

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2019, 07:22:29 PM »
I really like the tribal miniatures! I really liked the original rulebook when it came out and have been looking forward to when these miniatures were finally put into production.

I would have preferred them with a more Mesoamerican/Mayan flavor, but they look really great painted up!

yes, thinking about it, bit of a shame re: the mesoamerican angle.
but I guess 'african' looking tribals are liable to be better sellers.

Offline LeadAsbestos

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • When the Hurlyburly's Done...
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2019, 11:38:52 PM »
We love Ghost Archipelago, and play it nearly as much as FG, but this is the first Nickstarter that no one in our group has backed. We have the book, we have plenty of plastic sprues and critters, and I already have a ton of Copplestone tribesmen to play the Tribal parts. So no real selling point...