Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:38:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Puma/ Sd. Kfz 251 C Hybrid  (Read 2737 times)

Offline FreakyFenton

• Mastermind
Puma/ Sd. Kfz 251 C Hybrid
« on: January 27, 2019, 08:44:35 PM »
Hello! I've had a look about for inspiration and came upon this site (http://beyondthesprues.com/Forum/index.php?topic=6695.90).

In which Claymore comes up with a cross between the two mentioned vehicles. After seeing such I had to do it myself, albeit with wargaming in mind, rather than a display model. So credit where credit is due, Claymore had the idea, I merely got inspired by it!  ;)

Opinions are welcome! As well as constructive criticism and or ideas!  :D
"No human being would stack books like -that-!" -Dr. Peter Venkman

Offline flatpack

• Mastermind
  • Hiding in the shed
Re: Puma/ Sd. Kfz 251 C Hybrid
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2019, 08:50:54 PM »
Very nice indeed.
Flatpack

Offline FreakyFenton

• Mastermind
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2019, 08:59:07 PM »
Thank you!  :D

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2019, 12:30:41 AM »
I'd made a pair of these a while ago based on that same thread. What the original doesn't make obvious is that the Puma's side stowage bins are reversed. Though I wasn't in the mood to rebuild the interior at the time, and have a thing for enclosing WWII era half tracks (its what they did post war :P), so adding a roof and turret. Mine also used limited Hanomag parts, in that I was already in the process of building a tracked Sd.kfz 251 and just stole the upper body from that (and rebuilt it on the tracked vehicle), so had to improvise some of the details.

Not the greatest quality, but meh, its an older build.

On your's is there a ladder in the interior of the rear doors? The vehicle looks a bit high for troops to get into fast. I assume that you're following the original's lore that its for paratroopers too? In which case are you going to be making other vehicles of Claymores?

Offline Abbner Home

• Scientist
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2019, 02:51:08 PM »
Love these - very cool

Offline FreakyFenton

• Mastermind
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2019, 12:04:40 AM »
Love these - very cool

Thank you!  :D

I'd made a pair of these a while ago based on that same thread. What the original doesn't make obvious is that the Puma's side stowage bins are reversed. Though I wasn't in the mood to rebuild the interior at the time, and have a thing for enclosing WWII era half tracks (its what they did post war :P), so adding a roof and turret. Mine also used limited Hanomag parts, in that I was already in the process of building a tracked Sd.kfz 251 and just stole the upper body from that (and rebuilt it on the tracked vehicle), so had to improvise some of the details.

Not the greatest quality, but meh, its an older build.

On your's is there a ladder in the interior of the rear doors? The vehicle looks a bit high for troops to get into fast. I assume that you're following the original's lore that its for paratroopers too? In which case are you going to be making other vehicles of Claymores?

I might be, I had a good look around on the thread I mentioned as well as having an abundant source of what if vehicles founded in reality from caraktère press and other magazines and such. So I suppose there will be a few conversions in the months to come. WATCH THIS SPACE!  lol

On the other hand, I have a few bits and bobs from the conversion that I might use for a tunneling device or tank, so either way, might be a journey.

And a ladder? Hrm, no, not yet. I added a step sort of thing, as I reckoned they wouldn't just drop out of it and rather jump into close cover. A ladder does sound like a good idea, will try and add one from bits I have lying around. What was your solution?  ???

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2019, 04:49:30 AM »
My one's enclosed, so I didn't really have to worry about ladders. If you were to add one to your's I'd just have it folded up against the inside of one of the doors. You can buy convincing ladders from model train companies, or just make one out of plasticard.

And yeah, I haven't done anything WWII related in months. Modern stuff's been my latest fix. Though I have been thinking about making more Soviet stuff, as German on German games do get a bit stale. :/

Offline FreakyFenton

• Mastermind
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2019, 01:30:19 PM »
Hrm, indeed. I have a few armies, my "alternative history" soviets are yet to receive a converted american walker from the Konflikt 47 range. As well as a few Dust vehicles that will get repurposed. And hrm. I do have plasticard lying about. I might do one for the inside or along the side, sort of stored like the bridges on pioneer vehicles.

Offline FreakyFenton

• Mastermind
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2019, 03:29:15 PM »
Hey there! S short update on my weird war thread, just got a few more powered armored soldiers. These are Dust models with head swaps from Warlord Games. A few more might follow, at the moment I'm stuck in the painting and assembly process of some stuff though. Which will sooner or later wind up here!  :D

Offline leadfool

• Mastermind
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2019, 05:54:12 AM »
If you are looking for a German on German excuse to fight just make it Wehrmacht vs SS. 
In our weird war universe we used werewolf technology and themes for the German army, but Vampire tech and themes for the SS.  And we know those two forces can never get along.
FOUNDER OF THE D'ISREALI ARMY

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for lunch.  Liberty is a well armed Lamb, contesting the vote.
B Franklin.    ----

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2019, 03:59:21 PM »
Off topic, a company's releasing one of these in 1/35th:

And here's a design which I'm warming to. Something a couple of decades later perhaps:

Taken from this Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1163852143693824/

Offline FreakyFenton

• Mastermind
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2019, 06:15:03 PM »
Both look interesting Wyrmalla! The llatter could be a alternate future Bundeswehr, the former just a nice APC for weird war games.

Thanks leadfool! Yeah I just might do that. At the moment I go with cultists versus german army.