Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 08:44:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689726
  • Total Topics: 118291
  • Online Today: 810
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Our Ghost Archipelago Campaign 2019 (Mysterious City Report Posted 5.16.19)  (Read 7694 times)

Offline Bloggard

• Scatterbrained Genius
yes, gotcha.

Offline CPalmer

• Scientist
  • Rules Author, Dealer In Antiquities, Mad Scientist
    • My Blog: One More Gaming Project
  This past Saturday we played the third game of our 2019 Ghost Archipelago Campaign.  We had 8 of our 9 regular players in attendance; which meant we had 4 Central Treasures in play, spaced evenly down the center of the 9'x3' table. 
     We incorporated two scenarios: the first being the chance for random Dragon fly-overs and attacks; and the second was a version of the treasure system from Cigar Box Battles' "The Diabolist's Scheme" Frostgrave scenario, replacing all the treasure tokens with a corpse marker.  Then, when the corpse marker is first touched there's a chance it will be some form of undead.

https://onemoregamingproject.blogspot.com/2019/03/ghost-archipelago-19-game-3-isle-of.html

"...Instinctively, Fernando yelled, "Help!".  But Barley and Perkin were already there, having seen what was happening.  Perkin reached his fellow Halfling first and thrust with his sword at the Skeleton, but the blade went harmlessly through the creature's ribs (Hit but did no damage).  Barley then arrived and with a wide swing of her sword cut the Skeleton in two, severing it just above the hips.  It clattered to the ground merely a pile of bones now.
     The commotion however had alerted Barl the Heritor, and before the Halflings could react, an arrow from one of the Human Archers flew by, dangerously close to Barley's ear..."

"I have wrought my simple plan,
if I give one hour's joy,
to the boy who's half a man,
or the man who's half a boy!"
-Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

Offline Bloggard

• Scatterbrained Genius
another good turn-out!

like the additional stuff you incorporated for this game - dragons particularly, certainly on a table as large as yours. And nice touch in the narrative with Tork's glimpsing of a dragon and his concussion-induced flight of fancy - yeah, liked that (even if your warden's name made me think of the recently gone Peter!).

Offline LiamFrostfang

• Mad Scientist
 :D great stuff again....don't stop now!!!!

Offline CPalmer

• Scientist
another good turn-out!

like the additional stuff you incorporated for this game - dragons particularly, certainly on a table as large as yours. And nice touch in the narrative with Tork's glimpsing of a dragon and his concussion-induced flight of fancy - yeah, liked that (even if your warden's name made me think of the recently gone Peter!).

Thanks, Bloggard!   Yes, sad choice of names it turns out, but glad you enjoyed his brief flight of fancy.  :)

:D great stuff again....don't stop now!!!!
[/glow]

Thanks, LiamFrostfang!  And thanks for the encouragement.  Fingers crossed my luck holds.  :D

« Last Edit: March 15, 2019, 07:09:57 PM by CPalmer »

Offline commander bernhardt

• Assistant

oh nice, i was looking for scenery like this. where did you get yours?

Offline CPalmer

• Scientist
oh nice, i was looking for scenery like this. where did you get yours?

It came from my local PetSmart in the Aquarium decorations aisle.  I lucked out and it was on clearance.   :)

Offline Knabe

• Bookworm
Well a more than slightly late report from Game 2 of our campaign.

https://wargamingnotes.blogspot.com/2019/04/ghost-archipelago-campaign-game-2.html

The Warden Bengel casting Control Animal on a big spider.

Offline LiamFrostfang

• Mad Scientist
 :D great rep...thanks fo sharing!!! get to writing the rest indeed!!! lol. awesome.  :D

Offline CPalmer

• Scientist
Great report and photos, Knabe!   

Glad to see you are catching up.  :)

Offline Bloggard

• Scatterbrained Genius
another cracking write-up knabe! love the nice touches of gentle humour ('anything you say Captain' ... )

dangerous work (as someone who is still disconcerted by house spiders in RL), but a very good haul.

really liked the bit of narrative colour in the summary of the return to port especially. Touches like that go a long way for this reader.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2019, 02:48:40 PM by Bloggard »

Offline Knabe

• Bookworm
Well I have finally finished the tale of the third campaign game.  One more to go to get caught up.

It seems a bit short but truth be told, there wasn't that much action around Ragnam's crew this time.

Here it is: https://wargamingnotes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ghost-archipelago-campaign-2019-game-3.html

Thanks for reading,
Knabe

A group photo

Offline LiamFrostfang

• Mad Scientist
 :D sweet!!!

Offline CPalmer

• Scientist
Great write-ups, Knabe!   Glad to see you getting caught up.  :)

I have posted my report from our April Game, "Battle on the Rooftops", based on the scenario in the Gods of Fire supplement book.

http://onemoregamingproject.blogspot.com/2019/05/ghost-archipelago-19-game-4-battle-on.html

"...One of the distant circling birdmen had spotted Fernando and Link carrying off their treasure, and swooped down to stop them, heading directly at Link, claws outstretched.   In a flash Barley was there, using her Leap ability to easily cross the gap between the two buildings and moving directly into contact with the creature to help Link.  Link had drawn his sword, and slashed at the flying creature, striking its wing.  He did no real damage, but feathers fluttered all around him, and the bridman circled up into the air before making another attack..."

Offline CPalmer

• Scientist
I just got the report from our May game, "The Mysterious City" finished up and posted.  It is based on the Frostgrave rulebook scenario "The Keep".
  Lots of fun to be had on an  island with a Monarch that has access to teleport pads...  lol

https://onemoregamingproject.blogspot.com/2019/05/ghost-archipelago-19-game-5-mysterious.html

" ...Meanwhile, when Perkin materialized on a different disc, he quickly realized the Dwarf, Ragnam, was nowhere around. Neither was Link.  He was shocked however to suddenly realize there was a dead Human laying on the disc, and to his right was a Gnome Crewman.  The two eyed each other suspiciously, but before either could act there was a sound of loud wind and a sudden crashing of branches, and both occupants of the disc stared in horror as the Monarch suddenly was blown past a nearby patch of jungle and landed just a few yards from the pad where they stood..."

I hope you all enjoy it!

« Last Edit: May 16, 2019, 01:30:38 PM by CPalmer »