Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 12:51:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689605
  • Total Topics: 118286
  • Online Today: 623
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: (COMMERCIAL) Empress Miniatures' NEW Vietnam Range  (Read 388651 times)

Offline Dr. Zombie

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: (COMMERCIAL) Empress Miniatures' NEW Vietnam Range
« Reply #2295 on: August 06, 2020, 08:26:04 AM »
Ohh it would be a dream come true if someone where to make loose bicycles at a somewhat decent price. I need loads of them. So far I can only find architectual model ones and they are quite pricy.

Offline Poiter50

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #2296 on: August 06, 2020, 08:44:28 AM »
mr3Dprint on Wargaming 3D has WW2 pushbikes. They are for 3D resin printing but you may be able to find someone to do it if you don't have access to one.

https://www.wargaming3d.com/product/german-bike/
Cheers,
Poiter50

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
  • Flamenguista até morrer.
« Reply #2297 on: August 06, 2020, 08:54:57 AM »
Ohh it would be a dream come true if someone where to make loose bicycles at a somewhat decent price. I need loads of them. So far I can only find architectual model ones and they are quite pricy.

Try Eureka. Nic has sold me loose bicycles over the years. they are rather nice and even have separate pedals, there's also one that comes with a Vietnamese female figure in non la and ao dai.
Em dezembro de '81
Botou os ingleses na roda
3 a 0 no Liverpool
Ficou marcado na história
E no Rio não tem outro igual
Só o Flamengo é campeão mundial
E agora seu povo
Pede o mundo de novo

Offline Dr. Zombie

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #2298 on: August 06, 2020, 09:07:08 AM »
Postage and customs, puts them out of range for me sadly.

I fell bicycles is a real gap in the market. Even though in real world bicycles are everywhere. I feel that any wargaming table from the 1930'ies and onwards should have at least 5 bicycles on it - somewhere. Whether it is abandoned in a creek og parked against a shop window or in an ally. Bicycles are everywhere.

And if you are doing Hue, there should be piles of them!

Offline tomrommel1

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
    • Wargamesgazette
« Reply #2299 on: August 06, 2020, 09:36:06 AM »
Indeed she might have an accident. I would second the need for bikes and trikes or may be a Vespa or such thing
In hoc signo vinces

Have a look at www.wargamesgazette.com

Offline tomrommel1

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
    • Wargamesgazette
« Reply #2300 on: August 06, 2020, 09:38:29 AM »
Oh, and a tuck tuck?!

The  resin 3d printed bikes are quite fragile. I tried it and I think its not worth it as they won't stand the handling during gameplay.

Offline Munindk

• Mad Scientist
  • Denmark
« Reply #2301 on: August 06, 2020, 09:45:34 AM »
Postage and customs, puts them out of range for me sadly.

I fell bicycles is a real gap in the market. Even though in real world bicycles are everywhere. I feel that any wargaming table from the 1930'ies and onwards should have at least 5 bicycles on it - somewhere. Whether it is abandoned in a creek og parked against a shop window or in an ally. Bicycles are everywhere.

And if you are doing Hue, there should be piles of them!

1:50 bikes for architecture modelmaking: https://architegn.dk/shop/cykler-1-50-2578p.html

Just saw your comment on the price, sorry :(

Offline has.been

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #2302 on: August 06, 2020, 10:02:12 AM »
I agree with the we need more bicycles.
According to the song there are 10,000 (of them) in Bejing.
Other places they would be of use include:-
On the back of a tank,
Broken & stuck in a barricade,
Along side Japanese troops as they move to Singapore and
for messengers in VBCW / Dad's Army.

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
« Reply #2303 on: August 06, 2020, 10:48:06 AM »
Indeed she might have an accident. I would second the need for bikes and trikes or may be a Vespa or such thing

They exist. Seek and ye shall find.

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #2304 on: August 06, 2020, 11:34:07 AM »
I agree with the we need more bicycles.
According to the song there are 10,000 (of them) in Bejing.
Other places they would be of use include:-
On the back of a tank,
Broken & stuck in a barricade,
Along side Japanese troops as they move to Singapore and
for messengers in VBCW / Dad's Army.
  Heck bike troops were very popular concept in the early half of the last century. And if used correctly (Malaya, Singapore, Dien Bien Phu) they can be war winning. And speaking of VBCW, why not have your modern Infantry formations US bikes as their transport?
"Peace" is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

- Anonymous

Offline Plynkes

• The Royal Bastard
  • Elder God
  • I killed Mufasa!
    • http://misterplynkes.blogspot.com/
« Reply #2305 on: August 06, 2020, 06:19:37 PM »
I am not a fan of MUTTs.

Bloody jinxed myself, didn't I? I'm at work right now and would you credit it, I'm making a MUTT set for a bloke in bleeding' Dubai. And to put the tin hat on it he wants doors and curtains too (again, annoying and fiddly compared to the good old Willys MB). D&C? In Dubai? What for, to keep out sandstorms? He's gonna be a bit warm.

Oh well. Live and learn. Not going to moan about vehicles again, as whatever I moan about will probably find its way into my in-tray the following week, if this is anything to go by. :)

With Cat-Like Tread
Upon our prey we steal...

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #2306 on: August 06, 2020, 06:41:50 PM »
or may be a Vespa or such thing
Maybe Paul at Empress can have a chat with Crooked Dice and sell their one with Paul Hicks sculpted riders (I think Crooked Dice have a vespa without a rider)..

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
« Reply #2307 on: August 06, 2020, 10:17:04 PM »

Bloody jinxed myself, didn't I? I'm at work right now and would you credit it, I'm making a MUTT set for a bloke in bleeding' Dubai. And to put the tin hat on it he wants doors and curtains too (again, annoying and fiddly compared to the good old Willys MB). D&C? In Dubai? What for, to keep out sandstorms? He's gonna be a bit warm.

Oh well. Live and learn. Not going to moan about vehicles again, as whatever I moan about will probably find its way into my in-tray the following week, if this is anything to go by. :)

Having been to Dubai, I'd recommend up-selling him a complete blackout style canvas cover that would allow him to sit in his MUTT and imagine he is anywhere else other than Dubai. Were I to have a vision of hell it would be something like Dubai, an endless Disneyesque air conditioned mall cum suburban housing estate with absolutely no redeeming features whatsoever. The only place that comes to mind were the airport is absolutely on par with the city itself.

Offline Rich H

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #2308 on: August 06, 2020, 11:35:09 PM »
Compared with where I flew to from Dubai I'll manage with the Dubai business class lounge thanks... Suffice to say where I ended up was hot and dusty and the security brief was 'extensive'... :o

But the Riyadh lounge is better on the way home... ;) 

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
« Reply #2309 on: August 07, 2020, 04:48:21 AM »
Everything is relative and to be fair there's nothing especially wrong with the airport itself save for the fact that is fucking enormous and a real pain to traverse if changing planes. It's just that one expects a city to have at least a little more on offer than its major air hub. On this point, Dubai fails massively.

Ex K89 fell during a nationwide pilot's strike and we were lucky enough to finally get onto a chartered Qantas jet that diverted from Singapore. Our 'business lounge' experience was sitting in a hot, dusty tin shed at RAAF Tindal, nursing warm and nigh undrinkable Darwin Stubbies, waiting for our flight. Still, the alternative up until they shanghaied the Qantas flight, had been 3-4 days travelling home in the back of a Unimog.

Anyway back to our scheduled programming about fun toys 'n' stuff.

Vespas would be welcome and i certainly wouldn't mind a Lambro or two.