Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:16:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: (COMMERCIAL) Empress Miniatures' NEW Vietnam Range  (Read 384734 times)

Online Silent Invader

• Galactic Brain
Re: Empress - Hue 1968 - First Glimpse of the New Range
« Reply #585 on: May 21, 2019, 11:44:18 AM »
My LAF Gallery is HERE
Minis (foot & mounted) finished in 2024 = 0
(2023 = 151; 2022 = 204; 2021 = 123; 2020 = ???)

Offline Paul @ Empress Miniatures

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #586 on: May 21, 2019, 11:55:34 AM »
Have been following this thread with great interest. The figures as you’d expect are outstanding.  I am looking forward to the direction it follows with its future releases...which leads me to a request if it hasn’t already been raised...could we get a Don McCullin press photographer figure...I think it will be a worthy addition to this range in recognition of his haunting images that he took during the siege? 

For the future how about Larry Burrows and Tim Page?

Yes there is a journalist pack on the list.

Offline mrcleh

• Bookworm
« Reply #587 on: May 21, 2019, 12:20:31 PM »
Well after that there will be another torrent, then a flood, then a.......etc so my advice Mick is to just grab the stuff when you can as this tap is not going to be turned off anytime soon. Oh and don't forget the vehicles to come soon. ;)

Please excuse my question as it has probably been answered somewhere in this thread already, but:

What vehicles can we expect aside from M113s?

I am really hoping for a good M35 truck, as to my knowledge there is none in this scale. Might also work as a base for gun trucks, two of which, equipped with quad 50s, apparently featured quite heavily in the early part of the MACV relieve efforts in Hue.

Online Ash

• Mastermind
    • Ashley Straw.com
« Reply #588 on: May 21, 2019, 01:15:52 PM »
Yes there is a journalist pack on the list.

If it was a four piece pack, my 'fantasy-press-pack' would include: Don McCullin, Catherine Leroy (both at Hue), Larry Burrows & Horst Fass

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #589 on: May 21, 2019, 01:39:03 PM »
Please excuse my question as it has probably been answered somewhere in this thread already, but:

I am really hoping for a good M35 truck, as to my knowledge there is none in this scale. Might also work as a base for gun trucks, two of which, equipped with quad 50s, apparently featured quite heavily in the early part of the MACV relieve efforts in Hue.

Not currently discussing vehicles although based on some of the chats at PARTIZAN this weekend some of you have already guessed what we are doing  lol

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #590 on: May 21, 2019, 01:39:38 PM »
If it was a four piece pack, my 'fantasy-press-pack' would include: Don McCullin, Catherine Leroy (both at Hue), Larry Burrows & Horst Fass

Couldn't possibly comment  ;D ;)

Offline jasper

• Bookworm
« Reply #591 on: May 21, 2019, 03:10:55 PM »
How many figure will the whole Nam range be? Than i can plan how much i have to reserve for it  ;D

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #592 on: May 21, 2019, 03:25:38 PM »
How many figure will the whole Nam range be? Than i can plan how much i have to reserve for it  ;D

I seriously cannot even estimate. At the moment there are 40 Marines with nearly 10 more sculpted and more to come.

Then Vietnamese civilians then armed civilians then NVA then Australians then ARVN, then we start on another section within the conflict etc, etc, etc etc, etc, etc, etc

Did I mention vehicles?

This really is not going to be a small range......unless of course no one buys the stuff.......however as its the biggest sales release we have seen in the history of Empress (and we have experienced some biggies over the years)  that's really doubtful  lol

Offline jasper

• Bookworm
« Reply #593 on: May 21, 2019, 03:45:51 PM »
Okay, that works enough, if you release them evenly through the year i think i can controle my hobby adhd and won't start to many other projects  :D

Offline manchesterreg

• Librarian
« Reply #594 on: May 21, 2019, 04:45:27 PM »
If you release them all at once, i can just have both Kidneys and a Liver out on the same day to pay for them. :)

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #595 on: May 21, 2019, 05:15:35 PM »
I seriously cannot even estimate. At the moment there are 40 Marines with nearly 10 more sculpted and more to come.

Then Vietnamese civilians then armed civilians then NVA then Australians then ARVN, then we start on another section within the conflict etc, etc, etc etc, etc, etc, etc

Did I mention vehicles?

This really is not going to be a small range......unless of course no one buys the stuff.......however as its the biggest sales release we have seen in the history of Empress (and we have experienced some biggies over the years)  that's really doubtful  lol
Plus US Army.

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #596 on: May 21, 2019, 05:25:09 PM »

Campaign 4 mentions two M42 SPAAGs were part of  'A' Company's convoy, plus M48A3s.

It also has an illustration of an M35A2 with the quad M2 turret.

Of course for that Full Metal Jacket look, M41s would be useful.

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #597 on: May 21, 2019, 05:26:53 PM »
Plus US Army.

Third section so next year.  Spring time.

Offline mrcleh

• Bookworm
« Reply #598 on: May 21, 2019, 09:45:29 PM »
Campaign 4 mentions two M42 SPAAGs were part of  'A' Company's convoy, plus M48A3s.

It also has an illustration of an M35A2 with the quad M2 turret.

Of course for that Full Metal Jacket look, M41s would be useful.

That is the convoy, Alpha 1-1. Apparently two Dusters of 1-44th and two quad 50s of G-65th accompanied them, plus the Pattons you mentioned they met on the way. Would be nice to recreate that in 28mm. :D

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #599 on: May 22, 2019, 08:45:02 AM »
That is the convoy, Alpha 1-1. Apparently two Dusters of 1-44th and two quad 50s of G-65th accompanied them, plus the Pattons you mentioned they met on the way. Would be nice to recreate that in 28mm. :D
This is worth a read, all the equipment (bar the M41 ^__^) gets a mention plus ARVN M24.
Just found this, could be of interest;

https://www.usmcu.edu/Portals/218/HD%20MCUP/HD%20Pubs/DeathInTheImperialCity.pdf?ver=2018-10-16-102102-263