Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:36:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686614
  • Total Topics: 118113
  • Online Today: 762
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: (COMMERCIAL) Empress Miniatures' NEW Vietnam Range  (Read 385075 times)

Offline Mr C

• Bookworm
Re: (COMMERCIAL) Empress Miniatures' NEW Vietnam Range
« Reply #1230 on: September 23, 2019, 01:02:44 PM »
That tankie is a cracking sculpt! Very excited to see what other vehicle crew will follow. Bailed out crew maybe? Those M48s seemed to get a proper hammering from RPGs in the enclosed streets of the Citadel in Hue. Wounded USMC for the back deck area?

Offline Marine0846

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #1231 on: September 23, 2019, 04:07:17 PM »
Love the tank crewman.
Look forward to see the rest.
Semper Fi, Mac

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
  • Flamenguista até morrer.
« Reply #1232 on: September 23, 2019, 05:03:37 PM »
Lovely!
Em dezembro de '81
Botou os ingleses na roda
3 a 0 no Liverpool
Ficou marcado na história
E no Rio não tem outro igual
Só o Flamengo é campeão mundial
E agora seu povo
Pede o mundo de novo

Offline Dr. Zombie

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #1233 on: September 23, 2019, 05:44:36 PM »
How very annoying. Just as I had almost convinced myself that I don’t need any tanks or armored vehicles as my gaming will be set I the jungle.

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #1234 on: September 23, 2019, 08:06:27 PM »
Todays US tank crew is Frank. Frank in his tank.

28mm sculpted by Paul Hicks to fit in the Empress range of 1/50 scale vehicles.

Very nice.

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
« Reply #1235 on: September 23, 2019, 08:53:59 PM »
To quote a certain Mr Eno, “Blank Frank is the messenger of your doom and your destruction....”

Can’t wait to see the rest of the crew (crews?).

Offline Paul @ Empress Miniatures

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #1236 on: September 24, 2019, 07:38:43 AM »
Thanks all. Glad you like him. The rest are also sculpted for the main tank crews. Just doing ARVN M113 crew.

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #1237 on: September 24, 2019, 07:39:24 AM »
Todays NVA is Giang.

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
« Reply #1238 on: September 24, 2019, 08:19:36 AM »
The PAVN did have a field cap type affair but there doesn’t seem to have been much evidence of it until the late 1970s in the field. In fact I can’t recall seeing a photo of one that dates much before the liberation of Cambodia and the Sino-Vietnamese war and those have tended to be the less fussy looking officer’s version and invariably in posed, non-combat, photos.

I’m sure some bugger must have worn one at some point but they seem to have been leery of being photographed. Might be better doing variations on the floppy hat or cam netted pith helmet if you crave variety. They are far more iconic. Some chaps with parachute silk capes and some with the cane camouflage loops on packs wouldn’t go astray.

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #1239 on: September 24, 2019, 11:50:04 AM »
We are only planning on this one figure and wanted something different. The NVA were not very photogenic at the best of times until they started winning in the 70's so no reason to believe that it was not around in the 60's. However the range is for the US involvement so not an issue.  ;)

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
« Reply #1240 on: September 24, 2019, 02:14:05 PM »
That’s cool, his cap will probably get a bit of surgery and he will join my Khmer Rouge.

Offline manchesterreg

• Librarian
« Reply #1241 on: September 24, 2019, 03:02:02 PM »
Funny enough, i was talking to a colleague of mine today, she had seen me reading Streets of Fire on Hue, and said her parents were from Vietnam, so it appears they are from Quang Ninh near Hanoi, and her Mother was deaf due to American Bombing on her village, and her dad was in the NVA and fought in the South, but they left on a Boat after reunification, as evidently the place was poor as hell, anyway seeing im probably going off topic, i asked he if she could ask her Dad what he wore etc, she then proceeded to show me one pic of him on her phone, in a almost white uniform and a i presume an american soft cap, he fought down south in the period we are interested in, so will try to find out more about uniforms etc, ran a chip shop here until the early 2000s funny from NVA to chip fryer.

Andrew_McGuire

« Reply #1242 on: September 24, 2019, 03:45:11 PM »
...ran a chip shop here until the early 2000s funny from NVA to chip fryer.

Well, I can see why he might have been sick of rice.

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #1243 on: September 24, 2019, 03:47:57 PM »
Funny enough, i was talking to a colleague of mine today, she had seen me reading Streets of Fire on Hue, and said her parents were from Vietnam, so it appears they are from Quang Ninh near Hanoi, and her Mother was deaf due to American Bombing on her village, and her dad was in the NVA and fought in the South, but they left on a Boat after reunification, as evidently the place was poor as hell, anyway seeing im probably going off topic, i asked he if she could ask her Dad what he wore etc, she then proceeded to show me one pic of him on her phone, in a almost white uniform and a i presume an american soft cap, he fought down south in the period we are interested in, so will try to find out more about uniforms etc, ran a chip shop here until the early 2000s funny from NVA to chip fryer.

That's a brilliant story. The fact that an ex NVA ran a chip shop in the UK is hilarious. Deserves a Hollywood movie. Scene three Rambo enters and orders Cod and Chips with mushy peas  lol

Yes would be interested in kit and uniform details. I suspect they actually had very little in the field.

Offline FreakyFenton

• Mastermind
« Reply #1244 on: September 24, 2019, 03:56:36 PM »
That's a brilliant story. The fact that an ex NVA ran a chip shop in the UK is hilarious. Deserves a Hollywood movie. Scene three Rambo enters and orders Cod and Chips with mushy peas  lol

Yes would be interested in kit and uniform details. I suspect they actually had very little in the field.

lol lol Lovely story!
"No human being would stack books like -that-!" -Dr. Peter Venkman