Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 01:02:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690771
  • Total Topics: 118348
  • Online Today: 947
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: CommanderBaker's Knightly Order for Warlords of Erehwon  (Read 5348 times)

Offline CommanderBaker

• Bookworm
Re: CommanderBaker's Knightly Order for Warlords of Erehwon
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2019, 05:14:31 AM »
Thank you very much! I'm going to be slightly tweaking the basing scheme but the knightly order in Warlords of Erehwon are like a mix of the empire and bretonians it feels like. so sticking with empire colors and a single unified color scheme bu then armor that is somewhere in between their two influences. thanks for the kind words!

Offline Griefbringer

• Scientist
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2019, 08:59:24 AM »
For wizard and priest figures that go nicely with Perry, may I actually recommend some of the packs from Perrys themselves (European Armies 1450-1500 range, size-wise matching the WotR range):

https://www.perry-miniatures.com/product_info.php?cPath=23_64&products_id=2721

https://www.perry-miniatures.com/product_info.php?cPath=23_64&products_id=2751

Also, if you have the Light Cavalry 1450-1500 set, then it should not be too hard to convert one of the bodies there into a mounted wizard: cover the leg armour by extending the coat a bit, select unarmoured arms and add in a head with a fancy hat (there is a great one in the mounted men-at-arms set).

Offline CommanderBaker

• Bookworm
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2019, 01:08:21 PM »
I think i know exactly which fancy hat you are talking about! And those metal perry blisters do look good. I hadn't decided if i wanted something a bit more warrior priest like in look. maybe with a tad of armor and a bald head. i want the army to look suitably fantasy like. but the priest was a tough one to nail down.

Offline Griefbringer

• Scientist
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2019, 08:54:10 AM »
I hadn't decided if i wanted something a bit more warrior priest like in look. maybe with a tad of armor and a bald head.

Bald heads are not that easy to come about, but what about the helmetless head in the mounted men-at-arms sprue? It comes with a sort of chamber-pot hair cut (I hope that is the correct term in English), which could also indicate membership in some kind of order with strictures for hair styles. Presuming that the rest of the figures in your force wear helmets, that one would stand out.

Stick that on a suitable body, arm him with warhammer or mace (and maybe a buckler), and you might have a suitable warrior priest ready to smite the heretics!

Offline CommanderBaker

• Bookworm
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2019, 05:25:24 PM »
That sounds like a pretty good idea actually, yeah i'll look into that.

thanks! :D

Offline Griefbringer

• Scientist
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2019, 05:59:48 PM »
I must admit that I have not tried it, but with some creativity you might be able to fit a head from the WotR range to a body from the Agincourt to Orleans range - either by cutting the neck flat from the head, or drilling a neck-hole to the body. You probably have more than enough bare heads to be able to afford a trial or two.

This would allow for making a lighter armoured warrior priest than using those fully armoured bodies that you have from the WotR sets - though maybe it is a warrior priest in full plate that you are after?

Offline CommanderBaker

• Bookworm
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2019, 02:28:20 PM »
And now for something Completely Different!  :o

Here is a light house that shall be gracing my table!

Offline LordOdo

• Mastermind
    • StormToren (my wargame blog)
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2019, 06:12:17 PM »
Looks great!
''Its so much easier to build something new than work up the courage to actually paint some.'' -Wyrmalla (2015)

Offline CommanderBaker

• Bookworm
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2019, 06:34:33 PM »
Thanks! i can't take all the credit, A very good friend of mine who is a far better painter than i has graced this lighthouse with his talents.

Offline CommanderBaker

• Bookworm
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2019, 06:58:39 PM »
These towers will be part of the Ratmen's terrain that will be on the board for Dungeons and Dragons and Warlords of Erehwon.

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2019, 08:34:30 PM »
Some very nice figure builds there. Always like to see a bit of Perry kitbashing  8)

The scenery is pretty cool too.

For bald heads, I recommend the Perry plastic ansar set. Several useful bald and skull-capped bonces. Just right for all sorts of conversions...  :)

Offline Griefbringer

• Scientist
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2019, 03:30:04 PM »
By the Perry Ansar set, I presume that the good captain is referring to this one (which I am not particularly familiar with):

https://www.perry-miniatures.com/product_info.php?cPath=22_62&products_id=2593

As for that lighthouse, it would also make a splendid wizard's tower. Is it a commercial product?

Offline Ogrob

• Mastermind
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2019, 05:09:27 PM »
That's the one. It's a nice kit, I used to it build almost a whole army of Dark Age irish to play SAGA with.

Lovely progress on the terrain by the way!

Offline CommanderBaker

• Bookworm
« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2019, 01:32:05 PM »
Okay so i am way behind on painting but i did get to go to the beach so i guess that was nice. Now that I'm back its time to get back to it. My group for WoE changed their plans and now are using the Warhammer Fantasy world just prior to the End Times as our backdrop. This makes my army now pseudo Empire. I worked on kitbashing a wizard and priest that were at least empire inspired last night and gave my champion a more fantasy styled sword. see below!

Offline CommanderBaker

• Bookworm
« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2019, 01:38:08 PM »
Terrain! Lighthouse fully painted and ready to go!