Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:21:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689721
  • Total Topics: 118289
  • Online Today: 768
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Bob's Project Journal 2019  (Read 486 times)

Offline BobPoint

• Lurker
Bob's Project Journal 2019
« on: February 05, 2019, 10:52:57 PM »
Hello world!

First post of my project journal for the year and first post on LAF. Lots of inspiration to keep me plugging away at my first two projects for the year

1. 28mm Dunkirk using Chain of Command
2. 1939 Poland in 10mm using I Ain't Been Shot Mum!

This is my first scratch built house in probably 20 years. Inspired by Richard Clarke and several online tutorials, this is built from cork tile and card. I have used a mix of polyfilla and pva to render the walls. I'm starting simple but will get more adventurous I promise! This is an almost direct copy of a Sarissa shop that I also have in my collection.

My Dunkirk project is using the Crusader miniatures which are gorgeous. I've yet to add some of the larger supprot options but Warlord will provide all I need when I come around to AFV's.

Secondly, I am using the ever lovely Pendraken 10mm for my September War project. This is a picture of the first two platoons spray base coated and ready for a quick paint job and a wash. The first scenario I shall be playing sees the Germans being based around the KradSchutzen (motorcycle troops). Rather than buy dozens of motorbikes, I have bought a few to use as markers to represent when a platoon is mounted. I'm pretty sure once the bullets started to fly they would be off them anyway  :D

More as it happens!