Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:44:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686662
  • Total Topics: 118119
  • Online Today: 815
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Osprey's - Outremer : Faith and Blood - Anyone played and got some thoughts?  (Read 6232 times)

Offline Dalcor

• Librarian
    • Wargaming ASP Club
Re: Osprey's - Outremer : Faith and Blood - Anyone played and got some thoughts?
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2018, 06:57:50 PM »
It would be particularly useful to see some different examples and nuances of warband construction.

http://wargamingasp.blogspot.com/search/label/Outremer%20Faith%20and%20Blood
Our warbands introduced there

Have to do some translating to english and additional AAE

Offline Legiocustodes

• Scientist
  • Old school gamer since 1990!
    • Oldhammer 40k
Well it’s been out for 10 months now... I was wondering if people are still enjoying the game or if there is any feedback. I’m looking at adding some factions and doing some Special Rules so I’m happy to take suggestions or input!
Check out my blog for all things 30k, 40k, Oldhammer and tutorials:
http://classicastartes.blogspot.co.uk

Offline mellis1644

• Mad Scientist
    • Adventures in painting
I must admit I got the rules and read them, but have not played them... Lack of the right toys is the reason. Although, we have people in the local club who play this period my forces are based in the British Isles not the holy lands.

I am interested and faction lists for Western Europe in the period i.e. some/all of - Norman, Saxon, Welsh, Irish, Scots, Franks  and/or 'Vikings' etc would allow me to try to the rules out with the toys I do have. I suspect I'm not the only one in this boat.

I know it's likely off the main topic, but well you asked :)
My painting blog is at: http://mellis1644.wordpress.com/

Offline boywundyrx

• Librarian
Well it’s been out for 10 months now... I was wondering if people are still enjoying the game or if there is any feedback. I’m looking at adding some factions and doing some Special Rules so I’m happy to take suggestions or input!

I just got it a couple of weeks ago, along with some start-up forces, I've had a read through and statted my starting warbands up, be a bit before I play it though as I need to do some painting.

One quick question - the first level on the career paths will have one or more traits tables included, but if the matching entry level stats don't mention rolling on a traits table, then they'd never get a trait until they hit second level, correct?  That may not be clear, but I know I was looking at it for Squires-1. No rolls, but they have letter codes in the career path.

I'd also really like to see the system for the Italian Wars, it has a nice level of crunch without being overwhelming.

Chris

Offline Legiocustodes

• Scientist
    • Oldhammer 40k
So the list of charts (letters) tells you what they can roll on as their career gradually progresses. But if it doesn’t say in their initial profile entry that they can roll on a chart at the point when you create the fighter then you are correct, they won’t be able to roll until they gain at least one level.

Offline boywundyrx

• Librarian
Cool, got it right then, thanks!

Chris

Offline Legiocustodes

• Scientist
    • Oldhammer 40k
Happy to help mate! Let me know how you get on!! And take some pictures, I really like to see what other people are doing with the game