Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 07:25:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Snapforce (AAR Link, Page 3)  (Read 5390 times)

Offline Mad Lord Snapcase

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • Snapcase Hall, Much-Piddling, Devon
    • The Life and Times of Mad Lord Snapcase
Re: Snapforce
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2019, 07:43:29 AM »
Snapcase...! For God’s Sake man. What about the Mounties....?

Doug
 ;) :D :D

Well, I managed to finish the Mounties but I stalled on their opposition (only producing two). See Maintiens Le Droit.

Thanks Guy. Uncle Bill is now at the front of the queue of volunteers to join Snapforce. Watch this space. I wonder if his nickname was 'Wild' Bill Coleman?

Brilliant. Completely mad, but brilliant!

Thank you, Dr De'Ath, that's the way I like it!

Harry, nice picture there, thanks. Just the sort of thing that inspired my commandos.

Offline Harry Faversham

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2019, 08:34:38 AM »
Harry, nice picture there, thanks. Just the sort of thing that inspired my commandos.

Here's a few more, I gleaned the book from a junk shop in Cleethorpes for a quid. Magnificent collection of rogues you have there Your Lordship!

:-*

:)

"Wot did you do in the war Grandad?"

"I was with Harry... At The Bridge!"

Offline tin shed gamer

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2019, 09:01:48 AM »
There's always wry humour and undertone to your project. Thats perfectly in tune with the subject. So I'll be watching for future progress.

Mark.

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2019, 09:40:53 AM »
There's always wry humour and undertone to your project. Thats perfectly in tune with the subject. So I'll be watching for future progress.

Mark.

Thanks, Mark. Quite a few more characters lined up on the desk now.

Here's a few more, I gleaned the book from a junk shop in Cleethorpes for a quid.

Those really are evocative images, Harry, thanks. I'm sure Doug em4 will be along in a minute and try and sequestrate that book on the grounds that it is a National Treasure! All for a quid, superb.

Magnificent collection of rogues you have there Your Lordship!

...and more planned from all over the globe.

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2019, 11:47:20 AM »
Blackwolf’s Great Uncle Bill…

Bill Coleman is an Austro-Hungarian Australian from Sydney. He ran away to sea and joined the Royal Australian Navy. By the time war broke out, Bill was a Petty Officer and was seconded to the Royal Navy for special duties. He volunteered for 30 Assault Unit created by Commander Ian Fleming. He was snaffled from 30 AU by Ian Fleming’s older brother Peter who is already a commando in Snapforce. ‘Wild’ Bill is now a member of the hard-bitten rogues who form Snapforce. After the war, he will go to Russia as part of a propaganda mission and meet Stalin who will try to drink him under the table with Kremlin vodka! Returning home, he becomes a policeman and will then play international Rugby Union for his country before becoming a selector. A real-life hero.

Offline Doug ex-em4

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2019, 12:08:16 PM »
Excellent work on Uncle Bill - Blackwolf will be very proud and excited I’m sure.

@Harry Faversham - what a great find. I had the Matt Braddock hard-backed book when it came out but I don’t think I still have it - i must have a look through the dusty shelves.

It’s great to see Matt flying again, with his VC ribbon dangling by a single thread.....

Doug

Offline Blackwolf

• Potato Cup 3 winner
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2019, 05:54:23 PM »
Wonderfully done   Snapcase :-* A moment of great emotion I must say,and not a little giggle.
May the Wolf  Walk With You
http://greywolf1066.blogspot.com.au/

Painting Clubs Joined: APC,MPC, PPC,PAPC,LPC.

Offline Harry Faversham

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2019, 07:07:25 AM »
Just the ticket for a tad of inspiration.

:-*

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2019, 08:21:25 AM »
Wonderfully done   Snapcase :-* A moment of great emotion I must say,and not a little giggle.

Blackwolf, I am very glad you like my version of Uncle Bill. Looking forward to seeing him in action! One or two others in my Commando are real-life heroes like Bill Coleman, such as Talaiasi Labalaba and Karamjeet Singh Judge.

Harry, I'd not seen that book before, looks rather good. I think I'll order a copy, cheers.

Offline Harry Faversham

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2019, 09:16:24 AM »
If it pleases so Your Lordship, you may want to glean this one, at the same time...

;)

Offline Ballardian

• Mastermind
  • Too old to stop now
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2019, 05:51:29 PM »

Another great project, keep them coming :)

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2019, 08:26:14 AM »
Another great project, keep them coming :)

Many thanks, Ballardian, there's a few on the desk now nearly finished.

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2019, 08:33:47 AM »
The long term aim for Snapforce is a game which features a raid on U- Boats docked in a harbour town. The harbour town idea was inspired by jbemmett's superb thread here: French Harbour Town. Some work on scenery needs to take place before that happens. I also need to paint more Kriegsmarine. This photo has been seen before on another thread but these chaps will form the basis of a new game, defending their submarines against the Commando raiders.

L-R: Matrose Friedrich Engelmann, Obergrefreiter Albert Zöller, Oberleutnant Hans Bothmann, Oberbootsmann August Ronshausen, Kapitänleutnant Günther Prien, Stabsmaschinist Gustav Böhm, Obersteuermann Hans Sammann, Obermaschinist Gustav Werder, Matrose Heinrich Heinz, Fähnrich z. See Iwan Oldekop.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2019, 08:36:43 AM by Mad Lord Snapcase »

Offline Doug ex-em4

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2019, 09:31:51 AM »
This photo has been seen before on another thread but these chaps will form the basis of a new game, defending their submarines against the Commando raiders.

L-R: Matrose Friedrich Engelmann, Obergrefreiter Albert Zöller, Oberleutnant Hans Bothmann, Oberbootsmann August Ronshausen, Kapitänleutnant Günther Prien, Stabsmaschinist Gustav Böhm, Obersteuermann Hans Sammann, Obermaschinist Gustav Werder, Matrose Heinrich Heinz, Fähnrich z. See Iwan Oldekop.

I’m surprised their distinguished captives are not included in the photo😀

Doug

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2019, 09:55:00 AM »
I’m surprised their distinguished captives are not included in the photo

Due to my dilatoriness in attaching the last chapter to my AAR on 'On the Day, Went the Eagle's Landing Well?' this has not actually been revealed to the general public yet. However, I will get on with it shortly!