Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:17:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689623
  • Total Topics: 118288
  • Online Today: 681
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Gordolf's Table ~ Here be random things!  (Read 1703 times)

Offline GordolftheBright

• Schoolboy
Gordolf's Table ~ Here be random things!
« on: February 09, 2019, 08:24:02 PM »
Hello everyone. My name here is Gordolf The Bright and I've been away from the wargames scene for 15 or so years due to life and travelling. I began my journey as many do, with Warhammer and 40k but I lost interest during the great Games Workshop restructuring and finecast roll out feasco. I've watched from the shadows as Frostgrave rose among other game systems and thought, with the rulebook Warlords of Erehwon coming out making more generic skirmish wargames I thought I'd dive back in to the hobby.

I joined the Lead Adventure Forum after lurking for about 6 months since you all seemed like quite a nice crowd to throw my lot in with. Plus, I know that if I don't have a community to keep up with, my pile of plastic soldiers will remain in boxes and never see the glory of day. I will preface, I was never much of a great painter or hobbiest to begin with BUT I'll show what I've been working on and those who seem interested can continue to poke at me to carry on.

What have I done so far? Here's a bit to look at *I am also no photographer either...*

The first 3 images that I've attached are my first attempt to build landscape terrain, it was a fun but messy time. I was actually surprised that making the trees was the most excruciating part of the experience, guess I'll just buy the premades in the future.

Finally is my first actual miniature I've painted, I'm hoping to knock out a few gnolls of all things to start a warband next.

« Last Edit: February 12, 2019, 07:15:27 PM by GordolftheBright »

Offline tin shed gamer

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
Re: New Member Gordolf's Table
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2019, 08:54:23 PM »
Welcome.
Jumping in with a 'WIP' what good way to start.Looking forward to seeing more from you.

Offline Elk101

• Elder God
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2019, 10:07:07 PM »
Welcome to the LAF. Good to see you're posting your stuff already, we look forward to seeing more!

Offline Arundel

• Mastermind
  • Galloping Outward Into the Weather!
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2019, 10:26:00 PM »
Yes,  welcome! I'll look forward to following your progress.   :)

Offline gibby64

• Mad Scientist
  • Temple of the West
    • Temple of the West
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2019, 11:05:42 PM »
Welcome sir!! You are off to a great start!
Owner, Temple of the West
www.TempleWest.co

Offline GordolftheBright

• Schoolboy
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2019, 07:14:55 PM »
A quick question for anyone that happens to read this, I'm hunting for 28mm Female knights that would fit ok with the Frostgrave Warriors II set. My wife is slowly accumulating a warband of all women knights or barbarians via light calvery. I was thinking of attempting to convert fireforge crusading knights but my greenstuff abilities are .... nonexistent, so it would be an interesting choice.

Small update on my actual work table coming later today!

Offline Comsquare

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Gordolf's Table ~ Here be random things!
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2019, 08:01:23 PM »
Nice work so far :)
My I ask where the thief is from?

Offline gibby64

• Mad Scientist
  • Temple of the West
    • Temple of the West
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2019, 08:27:16 PM »
A quick question for anyone that happens to read this, I'm hunting for 28mm Female knights that would fit ok with the Frostgrave Warriors II set. My wife is slowly accumulating a warband of all women knights or barbarians via light calvery. I was thinking of attempting to convert fireforge crusading knights but my greenstuff abilities are .... nonexistent, so it would be an interesting choice.

Small update on my actual work table coming later today!

Well, I will always be the one to throw old Rackham models into the ring, but you should Google These characters from Confrontation... unfortunately they can probably only be found on Ebay. I might have an extra Mira I could sell you if you are interested.
- Mira the wreckless
- Misericord
- The Red Lioness
- Valkyiries of Alahan

Offline Ogrob

• Mastermind
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2019, 08:34:38 PM »
I'm really partial to this one from Westfalia Minis. Bad Squiddo is selling out their last one at a discount right now.

Offline GordolftheBright

• Schoolboy
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2019, 10:09:05 PM »
@ Comsquare - The thief is from the Pathfinder Battles Deep Cuts Unpainted Miniatures: Bandits, you get a crossbow fella too!

@ Everyone else - I suppose I should have clarified, I'm hunting for mounted female knights. Thank you so much for your input already!

Offline Ogrob

• Mastermind
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2019, 11:17:09 PM »
Ah, gothca! I would just get some female heads and stick them on your choice of mounted knights. Perry War of the Roses men at arms and GW Swan Knights of Dol Amroth have neck joints of the same style as Frostgrave, so you could stick Frostgrave heads on those. Statueqsue Minis also has a lot of metal female heads you can use.

Offline GordolftheBright

• Schoolboy
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2019, 01:32:21 AM »
Okie dokie, real update time! Not too much has happened but I did promise an update after asking ideas on the female mounted knights so, here we go!

The first picture is my work in creating a thief for a Rangers of Shadow Deep team, possibly frostgrave? You can see a sword and board warrior and my barbarian ranger in the background

The second picture shows off the warrior and ranger better, I was really channeling the 13th warrior with that ranger honestly, had a lot of fun kitbashing him together. The lantern holding commander has a sword from the new Warlord goblins/orcs sprue, I happened to grab one while I was getting the Erehwon book. They seem pretty cool, however I'm not sold on the open hand/insert any weapon utility of the hands.

Finally, the 3rd picture is progress with my gnoll pile, the commander has a whip and shield while my gnoll shaman is a warrior with glaive that I changed with some bone bits and will paint the glaive blade to be a scapula or some other wide bone to match the skull and human femur. I'm digging the gnolls but I don't think they will grow into a huge warband, I think I'd rather focus on making an enormous orc/goblin army with a giant and trolls. Ok, that's all for now, I'd love to hear thoughts as I continue to plod along at my little table.