Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 01:12:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690583
  • Total Topics: 118338
  • Online Today: 728
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Who Fancies a New Set of VBCW Rules  (Read 12000 times)

Offline levied troop

• Mastermind
Re: Who Fancies a New Set of VBCW Rules
« Reply #60 on: September 14, 2019, 07:41:57 AM »
I agree with you on the hallmarks of VBCW but quite a number of WW1 or 2 rulesets cover these, or should do.  Not sure I’d use 40k for conflicts involving pre-radio communication and I've no experience of FoW so can’t comment, but there’s a running list of rules that work well for for VBCW here:
https://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=90knoilevcc17jio9rfd6mk7p0&topic=104435.0

Adding event cards adds ‘colour’ to a specific period or engagement.  Finding out that Pike forgot to load the Vickers spare ammo boxes, being chased out of a secure position by Mrs Miggins armed with a rolling pin, having a section disappear behind the bike sheds for a crafty fag (UK usage only....oh, I don’t know.....) all can give players some tricky decisions if they crop up at key moments and can be used with any rule set.
Or with suitable alteration for any period in history - humans haven’t changed much since the Bronze Age  :)
The League of Gentlemen Anti Alchemists
(We Turn Gold into Lead)

Offline Burnin Coal

• Mad Scientist
Re: Who Fancies a New Set of VBCW Rules
« Reply #61 on: November 17, 2019, 10:18:43 PM »
Just caught up with this thread after a very long sojourn away from VBCW and 28mm in general....really enjoyed the few games I took part in and love the background stories....skirmish level sounds great....new figures would be just the thing to fire up my interest again...please add me to the list of those interested
Figures painted 2020 : 100