Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 09:24:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Early Assyrian vs New Kingdom Egyptian 15mm Sword & Spear  (Read 1306 times)

Offline Phil Portway

• Mastermind
Early Assyrian vs New Kingdom Egyptian 15mm Sword & Spear
« on: February 14, 2019, 11:19:31 PM »
400pts        Bow R = Bows with Restricted firing, rolls 2 dice and not 3 dice as normal bow armed units.
Two equally armed Biblical armies take to the field

Scouting - Assyrians got out scouted and had to deploy first, but had all their dice in the bag on turn 1 and the NKE had only 8

NKE- 16 Activation Dice
1 General, 2 Captains
6 Light Chariots (Bow R),4 Medium Foot (Close Fighters), 2 Med Foot (Archers), 3 Light Foot & a Camp Total pts = 400Pts

Early Assyrian - 16 Activation Dice
1 General, 2 Captains
4 Light Chariots(Bow R), 2 Cavalry(Bow R), 2 Armoured Medium Foot(Bow R), 2 Ave Medium Foot(Bow R), 3 Light Foot & a Camp Total pts = 403Pts

Turn 1 - a lot of manouvering for the Assyrians

Turn 2 - Both flanks charged where they could. First combat of the game and the Assyrian lost a Captain on their right.

An Assyrian Chariot charged a NKE Chariot on the left, and caused two more casualties to the one it had taken from shooting and routed off, leaving the Assyrian Chariot to pursue into a canaanite skirmish unit and destroyed that.

The NKE on the left charged some Cavalry and destroyed it out right.

On the right the NKE faired a lot better and caused kills on the Assyrian Chariots

End of turn 2

NKE Casualties - 6pts

Assyrian Casualties - 4pts

Turn 3 - The NKE were getting more initiative dice than the Assyrian all through this turn. First combat on the right destroys an Assyrian Chariot.

Then The Cavalry

The Assyrian Slingers were destroyed with the first shot from the Nubian Skirmish unit, Also some Assyrian Javelins were destroyed.

End of turn 3

NKE - no losses this turn

Assyrian - 12 pts = 16pts in total, already only 1 point from an army Discipline test!

Turn 4 - Assyrians lose another Chariot & a Captain on the left

End of Turn 4

NKE - no losses this turn

Assyrian - 4 pts = 20pts in total. They have also lost 2 Captains. Only 6pts (poss 2 units) away from Army demoralised.

Turn 5 - The NKE were now on the Assyrian flank and again, totally destroy a foot unit in combat, but in the pursuit receive two kills.

End of turn 5

A rogue Assyrian Chariot destroyed an archer unit.

NKE - 3 pts = 9pts total

Assyrian - 9 pts = 29pts in total.  Army Demoralised

End of game. The Assyrian (Me) had the most horrendous combat and initiative dice ever, but once again, an enjoyable game. A definite rematch in the future.
If it isn't enjoyable, it isn't gaming!

Offline zippyfusenet

• Scientist
Re: Early Assyrian vs New Kingdom Egyptian 15mm Sword & Spear
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2019, 02:14:45 PM »
Thanks for the photo-essay AAR. Good looking game. I've never heard of the Sword & Spear miniatures rules, can you tell us more about them? I have some 15mm chariot armies and I might like to try them out.

How long did this game take to play? It looks like you're mounting your figures WRG-style. It looks like you labeled the units and printed log sheet rosters for the armies. Does play benefit from any other specialized tools and devices?
« Last Edit: February 15, 2019, 02:16:26 PM by zippyfusenet »
You'll shoot your eye out, kid!

Offline Phil Portway

• Mastermind
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2019, 04:24:12 PM »
Thanks for the photo-essay AAR. Good looking game. I've never heard of the Sword & Spear miniatures rules, can you tell us more about them? I have some 15mm chariot armies and I might like to try them out.

How long did this game take to play? It looks like you're mounting your figures WRG-style. It looks like you labeled the units and printed log sheet rosters for the armies. Does play benefit from any other specialized tools and devices?

S&S have been around a few years   http://polkovnik.moonfruit.com/sword-spear/4583102656

The games are normally 2 or 3 hours for a 400 point game. You play 6 turns. Use DBM basing. Rulers for 15mm and 28mm available from Charlie foxtrot models
https://www.charliefoxtrotmodels.com/collections/miscellaneous-tokens-templates?page=2

We have been playing them about 3 years and now we hardly use the play sheet, let alone the rules. All army lists are downloadable from Mark's site. Great set of rules IMO.

Offline zippyfusenet

• Scientist
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2019, 01:29:25 AM »
Thanks for that. I've taken a look at the links you posted. Do you think S&S has much potential for multi-player games? Or is it designed for one-on-one play?

Offline Phil Portway

• Mastermind
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2019, 10:01:43 AM »
Thanks for that. I've taken a look at the links you posted. Do you think S&S has much potential for multi-player games? Or is it designed for one-on-one play?

There are rules for multiplayer. We have played six player games. Each army/ player gets a different coloured dice in the bag. IE: 4 players each with an army of 14 units, would each have 14 dice in the bag making 56 dice in total, and when initiative dice are drawn, you draw out 13 dice (for 2 players draw 7 dice), and which ever colour has drawn the most has the initiative.