Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:57:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689629
  • Total Topics: 118288
  • Online Today: 681
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Warhammer Quest Monster project - Updated 30.12.23  (Read 35427 times)

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
Re: Warhammer Quest - The Call of Fortune
« Reply #45 on: February 21, 2019, 06:02:45 PM »
Love seeing this thread pop up.  This is easily the best WHQ adaptation to 3D I've seen, and glorious painting on the minis as well.

I started my 20+ year battle of creating dungeon crawl rules after WHQ disappeared...so I heartily enjoy seeing people properly do the classic.  Would love to see some pics of a full table mid-game, such a glorious sight.
2024 Painted Miniatures: 203
('23: 159, '22: 214, '21: 148, '20: 207, '19: 123, '18: 98, '17: 226, '16: 233, '15: 32, '14: 116)

https://myminiaturemischief.blogspot.com
Find us at TurnStyle Games on Facebook!

Offline gibby64

• Mad Scientist
  • Temple of the West
    • Temple of the West
« Reply #46 on: February 22, 2019, 04:02:22 PM »
I think we are all wanting to see a bunch of these connected together!! PICS PICS!!
Owner, Temple of the West
www.TempleWest.co

Offline RustyT

• Bookworm
« Reply #47 on: February 22, 2019, 08:27:20 PM »
I think we are all wanting to see a bunch of these connected together!! PICS PICS!!

Haha, well okay then. I've got a campaign starting on 21st March, will be taking photos throughout. However I might stage a photoshoot this weekend if I get chance.

Love seeing this thread pop up.  This is easily the best WHQ adaptation to 3D I've seen, and glorious painting on the minis as well.

I started my 20+ year battle of creating dungeon crawl rules after WHQ disappeared...so I heartily enjoy seeing people properly do the classic.  Would love to see some pics of a full table mid-game, such a glorious sight.

Thanks very much, the feedback definitely helps with motivation. It's a promise mate, I'll get some.

Offline wolfen

• Scientist
« Reply #48 on: February 23, 2019, 06:02:03 AM »
I’ve seen these tiles of yours on Facebook and love them so much. Really excellent job on what is my favorite GW game ever. I want to come to your house and play!

Offline Suber

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #49 on: February 23, 2019, 11:15:06 PM »
Incredible work. Wow :o

Offline Dr Mathias

• LPL Champion (S6,S7) Bronze Medalist (S5)
  • Galactic Brain
  • Purveyor of the one-and-only Miracle Elixir!
    • Dr. Mathias's Miniature Extravaganza
« Reply #50 on: February 24, 2019, 04:52:39 AM »
Tiles are continuing to look great, I'm eager to see them together!

I missed out on Warhammer Quest - born slightly too late I think - but this thread is giving me immense nostalgia for something I never experienced.

That's a strange feeling, isn't it? I get it as well. I have a copy of Space Crusade I bought two years ago out of nostalgia for a game I never played back in the day!
a mixture of quick parts, sarcastic humour, reserve, and caprice.
Dr. Mathias's Miniature Extravaganza

Offline RustyT

• Bookworm
« Reply #51 on: May 16, 2019, 07:43:23 PM »
Well I've been busy with RL, but time is closing in on the Exeter Games Gathering in September, which I hope the tiles will be ready for.

Here is the Fountain of Light dungeon room. It was interesting being able to use some different techniques on this one.

Offline gibby64

• Mad Scientist
  • Temple of the West
    • Temple of the West
« Reply #52 on: May 16, 2019, 07:55:40 PM »
Man that looks so great.

Offline RustyT

• Bookworm
« Reply #53 on: May 16, 2019, 08:16:21 PM »
Man that looks so great.

Cheers! Although just realised I already posted this one, Haha.

Okay I've got Quirriks Laboratory in progress, it's built and undercoated so next up to paint. Photos to follow.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2019, 08:37:53 PM by RustyT »

Offline RustyT

• Bookworm
« Reply #54 on: May 25, 2019, 12:26:27 AM »
Haven't painted in a while, but think I've managed to shift the hobby block.

An ogre I've just finished for the monster tables.

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Ghazkull‘s Favorite Brainboy
« Reply #55 on: May 25, 2019, 07:33:55 AM »
Wow! I’m deeply impressed. That room is simply marvelous! And the ogre is also stunning.

Concerning the slightly off-topic discussion: for me WHQ is an all-time fave because I played it like crazy when I was younger and then played the app like crzay and currently play the 2nd app on my iPad like crzay... so maybe I’m a fanboy. lol
But what I really liked was that it captured the feeling of old school roleplaying without all this fancyschmancy stuff many modern dungeon crawlers bring. It’s you and your buddies against the monsters...depressingly outnumbered.

Offline RustyT

• Bookworm
« Reply #56 on: June 12, 2019, 05:27:52 PM »
Wow! I’m deeply impressed. That room is simply marvelous! And the ogre is also stunning.

Concerning the slightly off-topic discussion: for me WHQ is an all-time fave because I played it like crazy when I was younger and then played the app like crzay and currently play the 2nd app on my iPad like crzay... so maybe I’m a fanboy. lol
But what I really liked was that it captured the feeling of old school roleplaying without all this fancyschmancy stuff many modern dungeon crawlers bring. It’s you and your buddies against the monsters...depressingly outnumbered.

You described that perfectly, although I've really struggled to get 'into' the second version of quest game (end times?). Much prefer the first. And yes.. it's the roleplaying and difficulty which brings the team together so well, it feels like you really need to talk things through to make a group choice, which makes all the difference.

Thanks, the trouble with painting at this speed is realistically it makes getting everything painted is going to take an AGE!

Although I have finished the dwarf, made an attempt at NMM too.

Offline RustyT

• Bookworm
« Reply #57 on: June 12, 2019, 06:10:17 PM »
Oh and I've also started a mini diorama, figured it's more interesting to take photos against this background than plain black.

Some examples included.

Offline Calimero

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #58 on: June 12, 2019, 06:44:03 PM »

Very nice work!  8) :-* 8)
A CANADIAN local hobby store with a small selection of historical wargames miniatures (mainly from Warlords). They also have a great selection of paint and hobby accessories from Vallejo, Army painter, AK Interactive, Green Stuff World and more.; https://www.kingdomtitans.ca/us/

Offline Arundel

• Mastermind
  • Galloping Outward Into the Weather!
« Reply #59 on: June 12, 2019, 07:10:57 PM »
Everything's looking splendid. That ogre you posted above is a treat!