Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 02:39:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690585
  • Total Topics: 118338
  • Online Today: 822
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Koyote enters the Underhive -Necromunda  (Read 5874 times)

Offline Koyote

• Mastermind
  • Disturber of the Peace
Re: Koyote enters the Underhive -Necromunda
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2019, 04:38:32 PM »
@Inso:  Thanks.  Those are very nice.  They even come with hand holding a detonator switch.  Sold!

Offline Grimmnar

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2019, 06:41:06 AM »
@Inso:  Thanks.  Those are very nice.  They even come with hand holding a detonator switch.  Sold!
Ah man, i was trying to think of a way to get you to make your own.
Always like to see what your mind churns out.

Grimm

Offline Koyote

• Mastermind
  • Disturber of the Peace
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2019, 05:15:24 AM »
Cage (Champion), Grist (Champion), Cutter John (Leader)

Ash, Nox, Echo (Gangers)

Demo, Howler, Cowl (Gangers)

Offline AWu

• Mastermind
    • War is the H-word
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2019, 10:51:20 AM »
They look hot, I mean poor , rugged and faithful.. ;)

Offline Koyote

• Mastermind
  • Disturber of the Peace
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2019, 05:22:55 PM »
Thanks.

Aside from some kit-bashing and minor GS work, I didn't do much conversion work on these guys.  The 'out-of-the-box models are pretty amazing, as is. 

The mini-campaign that I'm about to begin is only 6 games will be played Zone Mortalis terrain, so dumped the Juve, the long rifle, and some extra equipment to purchase incendiary grenades for a champion and blasting charges for one of my gangers.

Offline AWu

• Mastermind
    • War is the H-word
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2019, 06:13:09 PM »
Falx is a nice touch

Offline Koyote

• Mastermind
  • Disturber of the Peace
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2019, 09:46:04 PM »
Falx is a nice touch
Thanks. 

Right now the falx is a back scratcher, but as soon as I can afford it I will equip the ganger with an axe.  Howler, my other autogun ganger will also get an axe.  I experimented with attaching an axe to Howler's belt and back, but I couldn't make it work.  Eventually, I added an axe blade to the end of his autogun and called it good. 

Axe-bayonet-autogun FTW!  ;)

Offline AWu

• Mastermind
    • War is the H-word
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2019, 10:43:40 PM »
I decided to not be to extreme with wyswig.
I try but I am keeping it to manageable level. it have to be some compromise between gameplay and modeling.

Offline Dentatus

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Stalker7.com
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2019, 01:49:37 PM »
All great but that crossbow RPG (Grist?) made me laugh out loud. Most excellent.

Offline Koyote

• Mastermind
  • Disturber of the Peace
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2019, 04:27:44 PM »
My first game of the campaign went really well, so I've added a third champion and equipped him with a plasma pistol and flail.

Crow (Champion)

Since all of the campaign's scenarios will be played using Zone Mortalis terrain, Nox and Howler have exchanged their reclaimed autoguns for shotguns. 

In general, I prefer to play WYSWIG, so I've begun to 'magnetize' some of my models' weapons.  The smallest magnets I have on hand are 1.5mm, but as you can see from the photos they are a tad too big for the Cawdors' spindly little arms.  Where the drill bit that I used to drill the spotface holes broke through the sides of the arms, I used GS to patch and reinforce the surrounding material. The cowls' shoulder drapes conceal the point where the arm meets the body, so I was able to use slightly larger (and stronger) magnets in the models' armpits.

The FW Cawdor Weapon Sets 1 and 2 include sawn-off shotguns, but not shotguns.  Using some plastic dowel cut from a GW SM bike flag pole/antenna, I extended the sawn-off shotguns' barrels and added tubular magazines.

Offline AWu

• Mastermind
    • War is the H-word
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2019, 07:17:00 PM »
Yeah, weapons in the box and  in those sets are seriously not well thought up..

I had to make such conversion for my Orlocks

Offline Koyote

• Mastermind
  • Disturber of the Peace
« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2019, 07:27:10 PM »
Yeah, weapons in the box and  in those sets are seriously not well thought up..

I had to make such conversion for my Orlocks
Converting models is my favorite aspect of the hobby, so I won't complain, but I can see how others might find it frustrating.

Offline AWu

• Mastermind
    • War is the H-word
« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2019, 08:06:51 PM »
Building and converting models is favorite part of mine too but I dont like building the weapons.
I like some level of uniformity when WYSWIG plays a role.

What to do with the weapon is different think but I like to work with weapon itself

Offline tim in saskatoon

• Mad Scientist
    • Tim's Miniature Wargaming Blog
« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2019, 07:26:59 PM »
Pretty cool! Looking forward to seeing some paint on them!

Offline Koyote

• Mastermind
  • Disturber of the Peace
« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2019, 10:00:39 PM »
Last Tuesday was the last game of the Dark Tower mini-campaign.  Overall, my Cawdor fared well.  They went 4-1-0 plus one 'bye week' due to an odd number of players. The campaign was restricted to 6 pre-selected scenarios and CO arranged pairings.    The number of participants was small, but we had a good mix of gangs (Cawdor, Orlock, Genestealer Cult, Escher, & Venators).

Since all of the games were played on Zone Mortalis boards, I made good use of grenades, bomb delivery rats, and the Cawdor heavy crossbow to blast models hiding around corners.  One Ganger (aptly named Demo) used his blasting charges to rack up 18 experience points in only 5 games (he "earned" 1 xp more for the bye week).  Crazy.  The only model that beat Demo in xps was my leader, Cutter John, and that's only because as a leader he was earning an extra 1 xp for every game that I won.

Aside from the Ambush scenario, where I played the defender, my hardest fought game was Game 6.  I fielded  11 models (1 leader, 3 champs, 1 sheen bird, & 6 gangers) in this final game.  When the smoke cleared all of the Escher had fled (failed CL tests after a failed bottle test) or went OOA.  All that was left of my gang was my leader, 3 champs, and 1 ganger (Demo) remained on the board.  The other six models went OOA.  Four went into Recovery and two of those suffered stat reductions.

For me, the highlight of Game 6 was taking out the Escher leader with my Sheen Bird.  The Escher had only one wound remaining when the birdie attacked, but she did have a 3+ save.  Unfortunately for my opponent 2 of the Sheen Bird's attacks got through the leader's armor and since they are each damage 2 attacks, I got to roll 4 injury dice.  Two came up skulls.  To add insult to injury, the Escher leader's result on the lasting injury table was: Humiliated (-1 LD & CL).  :LOL:

The Sheen Bird earned 2 xp for taking out the leader, 1 xp for rallying after failing a Nerve Test, and another 1 xp for participating in the scenario, for a total of 4 xp.  Pretty damn good for a S3 T2 birdie. 

Sheen Bird stats are meh and its Bate rule make it a bit unpredictable, so I doubt that I'll ever repeat the success it had against the Escher.  Nevertheless, taking down the Escher's leader has earned the birdie a model upgrade (I'm currently using a Puppets War resin raven).  After a brief internetz searching I found the perfect models, PP's Cryx Carrion Thralls.  Large crow or raven? Check.  Exposed areas of bone?  Check.  Exposed mechanical components?  Check.  The similarities between the Carrion Thralls and the Sheen Bird's description and artwork makes me wonder if someone at GW lifted the concept from PP.