Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:17:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: LRDG 20mm vs 28mm  (Read 5276 times)

Offline Dobbie71064

• Librarian
    • Dobbies Hobbies
Re: LRDG 20mm vs 28mm
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2019, 04:47:23 PM »
Thanks again UVS! I owe you one apparently!

I was hoping the scale difference would be quite as extreme, I dont remember my old Corgi models being that large!  lol

Looks like Perry + Rubicon will be the way to go. I'll still shop around for more options as well, especially for CMTs, 3ton Lorrys and such.

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2019, 06:07:33 PM »
Captain Blood has a nice Rubicon model of a 15cwt CMP truck.

http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=52964.msg1351469#msg1351469

Offline Truscott Trotter

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2019, 05:59:04 AM »
No one mentioned Company B in 28mm metal and resin

Online carlos marighela

• Elder God
  • Flamenguista até morrer.
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2019, 09:23:43 AM »
If you want cheap softskins for targets then try these folk:

https://anyscalemodels.com/shop/scale-1-56-for-28mm.html

Prices can’t be beat and they also make useful scatter terrain for raids like fuel dumps, boxes and zeltbahn tents.

Cheap and easily built 1/48 BF 109s for targets can be found from Hobby Boss and Pegasus. The kits almost fall together.

Em dezembro de '81
Botou os ingleses na roda
3 a 0 no Liverpool
Ficou marcado na história
E no Rio não tem outro igual
Só o Flamengo é campeão mundial
E agora seu povo
Pede o mundo de novo

Offline Dobbie71064

• Librarian
    • Dobbies Hobbies
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2019, 09:04:46 PM »
@Truscott Trotter: I've seen some of the Company B vehicles before and they are pretty nice but those LRDG weapons are on the crude side, the trucks themselves are really nice though!

@Carlos Marighela: Thanks for the any scale models link, that's PERFECT for what im looking for. I'd love to grab a few vehicles for scatter terrain, I love the shot up/ destroyed variants along with some of the accessories they provide. I think I will be placing an order sooner rather then later! Some of the stuff will work perfectly for my Post Apoc gaming as well!

Has anyone purchased any 'Any Scale Models' vehicles in the past? Do they scale ok with Perry and Rubicon models? If so, I may look at grabbing a couple for use as terrain if not anything else!

Offline Truscott Trotter

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2019, 05:53:10 AM »
Fair enough of course there is always Warlord

Offline Dobbie71064

• Librarian
    • Dobbies Hobbies
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2019, 01:00:15 PM »
Thanks for all the advice everyone, but I'm back to bug you one last time!

With Hot Lead (A local Wargames Convention) coming up in less then a week, I'm putting together a shopping list! I've decided to do two small commonwealth forces for Disposable Heros instead of one larger one. I've always been interested in the New Zealand Divisional Cavalry so I thought it would be fitting to do A Squadron using the Carrier Platoon army with supporting Stuarts.

Now my issue.... For the LRDG list (22 models) and the Divisional Cavalry list (28 models), one box of Perry plastics won't do. Instead of purchasing a second full box and have half of it go to waste, I was thinking of filling in the gap with metal miniatures but are there any metal miniatures that would scale well with the Perry Plastics? Crusader will be much too large, as will Warlord I'd assume. Artisan Designs are a little smaller and more realistically proportioned if I remember correctly, could they be a fit? I have no issues with mixing manufacturers usually, but with Perry miniatures being a bit smaller then usual, I just don't want miniatures with beach ball heads and weapons the size of telephone poles!

Thanks in advance! With any luck, I will be starting a new project thread in a week or two!

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2019, 02:24:43 PM »
Um, Perry metals?
 :)
They have a pretty extensive metal range to fill out the troop types not covered by the plastic boxes, including several packs of metal SAS/LRDG.