Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 11:26:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: MOMminiaturas: Mercenaries Kickstarter  (Read 1773 times)

Offline Spooktalker

• Mad Scientist
    • Warlock of Lead Mountain
MOMminiaturas: Mercenaries Kickstarter
« on: February 18, 2019, 01:12:48 AM »
Have been watching their Kickstarter in the pre-launch phase for a few days, and it's off and running now:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/84134537/momminiaturas-mercenaries

Coincidentally, it seems, there is a thread asking about MOM quality going as well, with positive recommendations: http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=115048.0

Thinking about it but I have too many figures to deal with right now. Seems like one of the deals that almost too good to be true. If you want a bunch of figures for Mordheim and/or the Old World/9th Age, this will get you there, provided it delivers.  He was taking comments before they made it live and I suggested he was going to blow through all of the stretch goals in a few hours and he should consider more goals and deciding on the thresholds after he saw a few days of Kicktraq trajectory. Well, I wasn't wrong!  :) The good part is all the stretch goals have been unlocked. The bad news is, all the stretch goals have already been unlocked!

Edit:

Here's group of new ones, but there are many from the existing range included as add-ons and all-in.

They look good to me, but don't have experience with the company myself. The paintjobs are not in a style I'm fond of, and the close-up pics on the website look like they were taken with a cellphone, which gives them that telltale stained-glass like effect, which doesn't help. But I searched around and saw pics of greens, etc, and they look pretty good. It looks like an awesome way to jump into Mordheim, for any that have been on the fence. Choose whatever set of Merc rules you think fit best.

« Last Edit: February 18, 2019, 04:23:33 PM by Spooktalker »

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
Re: MOMminiaturas: Mercenaries Kickstarter
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2019, 08:19:38 AM »
Just noticed it this morning. A good deal so had to buy in 8)

Online beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2019, 09:10:24 AM »
Linky no Worky

Offline Duncan McDane

• Mastermind
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2019, 01:53:48 PM »
Ditto....
Fake edit, try this one:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/84134537/momminiaturas-mercenaries

Classic WFB Empire Landsknechts style... Not for me ( just a tad too renaissance for my liking )  but I'm sure many people will be delighted by it  :).
Leadhead

Offline Spooktalker

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2019, 04:16:35 PM »
Linky no Worky

Oops, thanks... fixed!

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spanish offworld colonies
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2019, 06:28:38 PM »
It is growing very quickly.  Possibly too quickly for a one man band business to meet the volume of castings by the expected deadline.
I can see this one running very late.

Offline Mac V

• Bookworm
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2019, 06:32:57 PM »
I was in until I saw they were resin.

Offline Spooktalker

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2019, 08:18:15 PM »
It is growing very quickly.  Possibly too quickly for a one man band business to meet the volume of castings by the expected deadline.
I can see this one running very late.

I was thinking the same thing, and suggested in the pre-launch comments he really take time to make sure that this is set up to make a profit, not just to fund the molds, etc, and to make double-sure that each new backer is going to increase his margin, and he's prepared to invest in expanding, etc. The low, low price is something to give pause to and question how prepared he is for real "success" in the KS.

Offline Spooktalker

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2019, 09:25:10 PM »
Hmm, he's now put up strech goals that would add twelve more figures, including a large troll, to the 100 euro all-in pledge, and there is little doubt those goals are going to get unlocked within a few days at most. That does not help my confidence in this KS. My advice to him was to do pretty much the opposite...add more add-ons without as much of a discount, so he can increase his margin on those backers who want to go all in.   :?
« Last Edit: February 19, 2019, 09:30:31 PM by Spooktalker »

Online beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2019, 07:57:14 AM »
Yes, starting to seem to good to be true. 20 minis for 25 euro. That covers the resin costs and probably mold costs too but labour, and stuff as well. Not sure. I'll stay in though as it's not much of an investment and the minis look nice.

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spanish offworld colonies
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2019, 11:56:57 PM »
Growing very slowly now towards the last few days.

Seems from the comments that production on the first of the new figures has already started and have been on display at the recent Spanish wargame show.

Volume of work still makes me think pledge delivery will run late, but MoM do appear to be on top of the project and look to be managing it well.