Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 04:14:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689479
  • Total Topics: 118281
  • Online Today: 568
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online
Users: 6
Guests: 456
Total: 462

Recent

Author Topic: (Kickstarter) Pulp Alley - Second Edition  (Read 21403 times)

Offline d phipps

• Galactic Brain
  • Pulp Alley
    • Pulp Alley
(Kickstarter) Pulp Alley - Second Edition
« on: February 19, 2019, 11:02:40 PM »
We received a few test prints of our new Pulp Alley Second Edition softcover book. Yes, we're also planning a hardcover version.

More to come...

« Last Edit: March 04, 2019, 07:29:45 AM by Elk101 »

Offline twrchtrwyth

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Don't join dangerous cults: practice safe sects.
    • Deeside Defenders
Re: Pulp Alley - Second Edition
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2019, 11:24:20 PM »
Looks good. Will you be putting up a definative list of what the 2nd edition makes obsolete and what is still current?
He that trades Liberty for Security will soon find that he has neither.

Benjamin Franklin

Offline Commander Roj

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2019, 05:09:05 PM »
Looks good. Will you be putting up a definative list of what the 2nd edition makes obsolete and what is still current?

That would be helpful. It looks as if this edition is perfect bound? I am also wondering if this includes the combined material from the various expansions. In other words it is a second edition, but also a compendium of the full rules?

Offline jasper

• Bookworm
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2019, 09:52:45 PM »
looking forward to the second edition.

Offline Wirelizard

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Needs More Zeppelin!
    • The Warbard
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2019, 01:31:02 AM »
Intruiged and excited by this, haven't done much gaming, painting, or much of anything related for a while (er, like a year...) but 2nd Ed Pulp Alley might be the thing that nudges me back into gaming!

Offline blacksoilbill

• Mastermind
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2019, 09:30:46 AM »
That's a hefty looking tome.  ;)

Offline dartfrog

• Scientist
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2019, 10:04:33 AM »
looking good.

Offline warrenpeace

• Mastermind
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2019, 03:08:06 PM »
From a post elsewhere, this 2nd edition book will include both the rules and the materials in the Pulp Leagues booklet. That probably helps explain why the new book will be bigger. The main change reported so far is to have all perils drawn from the top of the deck, rather than taking the time to see if other players want to play a peril out of their hand.
Sailors have more fun!

Offline d phipps

• Galactic Brain
  • Pulp Alley
    • Pulp Alley
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2019, 03:55:26 PM »

This book is intended to replace our first edition rulebook as well as Pulp Leagues, and we have already stopped printing/selling these books. Our other books and cards are intended to be used with Second Edition.    ;)

It looks as if this edition is perfect bound? I am also wondering if this includes the combined material from the various expansions. In other words it is a second edition, but also a compendium of the full rules?

Yes, the softcover will be perfect bound now. I may have been the only one that preferred the stapled covers, but we out-grew them when we added an extra 100 pages.  :D
Yes, the new rulebook also combines a bunch of stuff from our other Pulp Alley books - such as Bursts, basic Vehicle rules, Mounts, Solo rules, Horror, tons of abilities and perks, and so on...

Intruiged and excited by this, haven't done much gaming, painting, or much of anything related for a while (er, like a year...) but 2nd Ed Pulp Alley might be the thing that nudges me back into gaming!

Second Edition combines a bunch of stuff that has been printed in various books over the last 6 years, but we also looked at where we could make the game play even better - based on our own games and suggestions from other players. Here is a sneak peek at some pages from Pulp Alley: Second Edition... 

Offline Ballardian

• Mastermind
  • Too old to stop now
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2019, 04:17:29 PM »

Excellent, I've had a lot of fun with first edition, looking forward to the new version :)

Offline DoctorPete

• Mastermind
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2019, 04:43:21 PM »
I have been resisting Pulp Alley because my opponent thinks pulp gaming is silly.  To me it sounds like fun.  The solo rules would make this a doable game.  (Or, maybe, I need my grognard opponent to be a little more....open minded.  :?  )
I am not a quack!  I'm a mad scientist.  There IS a difference!

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2019, 07:14:38 PM »
Definitely looking like a good buy, Dave. Nice to see everything polished up so nicely.

I joined my gun with pirate swords, and sailed the seas of cyberspace.

Offline Colonel Tubby

• Mastermind
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2019, 07:17:12 PM »
So looking forward to this - and a hardback edition too boot!

Offline Ironhead

• Bookworm
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2019, 07:26:48 PM »
I have been resisting Pulp Alley because my opponent thinks pulp gaming is silly.  To me it sounds like fun.  The solo rules would make this a doable game.  (Or, maybe, I need my grognard opponent to be a little more....open minded.  :?  )

I was 'that guy' for years.  Scoffed at it, maybe even laughed at it, but in a few short weeks this year I went all in!  I realized that my son and I love movies and what better way to create games loosely based off them.  It was a light bulb moment.  Now we can quickly and easily play Indiana Jones, Hellboy, early Captain America, Rocketman, The Phantom, League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, Sky Captain, The Mummy, etc.

I wish I had only opened my mind years ago:-(
« Last Edit: February 21, 2019, 07:28:19 PM by Ironhead »

Offline Maddoc

• Librarian
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2019, 07:29:16 PM »
Innocent Bystanders you say?

Interesting... tell me more about these when combined with explosives/flames...