Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:56:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686454
  • Total Topics: 118100
  • Online Today: 811
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Poll

Should there be another Lead Painters League this year?

Yes, I would love to see all those shiny entries every Sunday morning, but can't participate myself!
96 (57.5%)
Yes, I'm eager to participate in LPL 13!
32 (19.2%)
Yes, I would participate, but only with the old rules (no knock-out phase)!
16 (9.6%)
Yes, I would participate, but only with two weeks time between the rounds!
21 (12.6%)
No, we don't need it anymore.
2 (1.2%)

Total Members Voted: 167

Author Topic: The Lead Painters League 13 Poll - enough interest for another one?  (Read 19310 times)

Offline Mr Tough Guy

• Mad Scientist
Re: The Lead Painters League 13 Poll - enough interest for another one?
« Reply #75 on: March 30, 2019, 10:49:30 AM »
I guess the real question is, do we still have someone that's willing to organize this. I think there's enough people willing to join, but I think it sounds like the Admiral isn't willing to organize it this year, which I can totally understand, it's a lot of work and he probably knows that the best, and I'm very grateful for all his efforts in past LPLs. But unless we have someone who's willing to organize it, it really doesn't matter how many people would like to enter or how many will vote

Offline .:Gunslinger:.

• Scientist
« Reply #76 on: April 09, 2019, 08:06:44 PM »
I might add my grain of salt, even though I'm not here for very long and have never participated.

That is not for a lack of interest though! I think notification about the beginning of a new LPL could be better! The forum is very big and I only peek into certain subforums on a daily basis...so I feel I often miss other itneresting threads, like this one which I only found after a remark by Captain Blood on the WW2 Board.

I feel the LPL is really great and truly inspiring and would really love to continue! I also know that it is important to not only be amazed by the fabulous work of others, but also to participate to make it live!

I'm definitely in for a new season!

Offline Calimero

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #77 on: April 09, 2019, 08:17:05 PM »
I feel the LPL is really great and truly inspiring and would really love to continue! I also know that it is important to not only be amazed by the fabulous work of others, but also to participate to make it live!

I'm definitely in for a new season!

Me too! Someone need to represent the "average painters" and fill the space at the bottom of the point list lol
A CANADIAN local hobby store with a small selection of historical wargames miniatures (mainly from Warlords). They also have a great selection of paint and hobby accessories from Vallejo, Army painter, AK Interactive, Green Stuff World and more.; https://www.kingdomtitans.ca/us/

Offline khartoum2

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scientist
« Reply #78 on: April 10, 2019, 07:35:50 AM »
I think Gunslinger makes a key point about regularly only going into certain areas to do with what you are involved with at the time.  When the LPL comes along it then gives you an insight into other areas of the hobby and spark new interests.  I wonder how many manufacturers have benefited from some interesting figures being shown on the LPL

As one of the average painters I agree with Calimero and this year want to rise above him as he was a place above me last year :)

Offline AWu

• Mastermind
    • War is the H-word
« Reply #79 on: April 10, 2019, 11:30:05 AM »
I could help with runnig LPL

but I want to participate.

Offline Calimero

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #80 on: April 10, 2019, 11:51:47 AM »

It's possible to do both, no?

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #81 on: April 10, 2019, 11:59:22 AM »
I have done both. So have Overlord, Admiral Benbow and the Prof, of course  :)

A behind the scenes discussion needs to take place, so leave it with us for a little while longer. Thanks for input everyone, and for Michael for kicking off this stimulating discussion  8)

Offline gamer Mac

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #82 on: April 10, 2019, 12:57:42 PM »
I would like to see the LPL carry on, but wasn't enamoured with the rules for the last few.
I work away from home for most of the week so not sure if I would be able to participate but having two weeks between entries may give me the chance
I would like to take this chance to thank everyone who has been involved in running the competitions on the LAF, they have been great fun, and long may they continue.
Did anyone mention a start date?   

Offline Hammers

• Amateur papiermachiéer
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Workbench and Pulp Moderator
« Reply #83 on: April 11, 2019, 08:08:51 AM »

Great, we'll take that offer to the Moderators board! You are in Sweden, right? We will probably put together a group of members to run it.

Noone is, by the way, not disqualified from taking part if one takes on the role as LPL Impressario.

Offline Plynkes

• The Royal Bastard
  • Elder God
  • I killed Mufasa!
    • http://misterplynkes.blogspot.com/
« Reply #84 on: April 11, 2019, 09:59:08 AM »
Indeed, last year Overlord ran it as well as being a participant, and it worked out fine.

With Cat-Like Tread
Upon our prey we steal...

Offline AWu

• Mastermind
    • War is the H-word
« Reply #85 on: April 11, 2019, 10:02:44 AM »
Great, we'll take that offer to the Moderators board! You are in Sweden, right?

Quite the opposite.
Poland
 lol

Offline Hammers

• Amateur papiermachiéer
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Workbench and Pulp Moderator
« Reply #86 on: April 11, 2019, 11:06:23 AM »
Quite the opposite.
Poland
 lol

Oh. Alright. Sorry! Anyway, that doesn't disqualify you either. ;)

Offline Calimero

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #87 on: May 02, 2019, 12:45:50 PM »

To be honest, I wasn't very happy with the knock-out or mandatory theme concepts either.

One friend of mine tends to repeat that "every painted miniature makes the world a better place", which should be the primary goal. Knock-out rounds brought in more competition and less painting, which IMO was the wrong direction. Just try to celebrate anything that gets painted and posted, no matter if it's not exactly top 10 material.

The above is taken from another part of the Forum. It does explain a lot of what I’m thinking but in much better words that I could do.

So, what’s up for now? Will we have a LPL13? When will it start? :?

Offline Ethelred the Almost Ready

• Mastermind
« Reply #88 on: May 03, 2019, 09:09:18 AM »
I have thought a couple of times about participating in the LPL.  Apart from being very slow with my painting, the other factor that stops me is the often short time between a new competition being announced and time it takes to get figures sent to New Zealand (this can take six weeks).  A bit more lead time would be great. 
The LPL is really what got me looking at at the LAF and later joining. 

Offline AWu

• Mastermind
    • War is the H-word
« Reply #89 on: May 03, 2019, 10:01:43 AM »
I have thought a couple of times about participating in the LPL.  Apart from being very slow with my painting,

I get you bro.
The trick is to prepare.
I have 5 week worth of entries on the table in various forms of very wip as we speak and LPL wasn't even announced :P

the other factor that stops me is the often short time between a new competition being announced and time it takes to get figures sent to New Zealand (this can take six weeks).  A bit more lead time would be great. 

This is the reason i mostly skip thematic rounds..