Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 07:19:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Tibetan Flags  (Read 2896 times)

Offline pallard

• Librarian
Re: Tibetan Flags
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2019, 12:13:15 PM »
Dear Gentlemen
I happen to have written years ago ... the Slingshot article on Yar Lung Tibetans that you seem to mention, and which seems to have served as source for the design of many miniatures. For the Irregular line this is for sure as Ian directly worked from my sources. Curtley miniatures seemed to have followed on the same inspiration. To be fair I must say that I was second in line myself, after the one Chris Peers wrote earlier. Mine went a little deeper, with all due respect to Chris for whom I have great admiration.
I would be more than happy to give any information I have. You can contact me on this forum or through my mail at philippe.allard24@gmail.com.
Cheers
Philippe Allard

Offline von Lucky

• Galactic Brain
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • Donner und Blitzen Wargaming
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2019, 01:00:00 PM »
Great stuff - as another Tibetan general (painted the Irregular miniatures years and years ago), I am planning to touch them up this year and also give them flags. I've saved and plan to use the CRW flags, including the Tibet Riot flag (which is 20th century).
« Last Edit: March 18, 2019, 11:58:29 AM by von Lucky »
- Karsten

"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Blog: Donner und Blitzen

Offline pallard

• Librarian
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2019, 01:52:56 PM »
Thanks
The flags I presented were in fact seventeenth-eighteenth century models from paintings of the time, not Yar Lung ones, if I remember well.