Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:04:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686611
  • Total Topics: 118113
  • Online Today: 757
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: BrigadeGames 28mm AWI Kickstarter  (Read 3144 times)

Offline brigadegames

• Scientist
    • BrigadeGames.com
BrigadeGames 28mm AWI Kickstarter
« on: February 27, 2019, 08:11:46 PM »
Sorry for me forgetting to post this here originally.

We have reached funding goal in less than 20 hours and have already achieved the first stretch goal.

There are still a few early bird pledge level slots remaining.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/brigadegames/28mm-american-war-of-independence-miniatures-range

A little more detail ---

American War of Independence 28mm Miniatures Range

For the last year, I have been discussing with my Brigade Games convention crew adding a 28mm American War of Independence (Revolutionary War to many Americans) range. I mentioned the idea to Paul Hicks, my main sculptor for Brigade Games, shortly thereafter. The project planning started in November 2018. As you can see with the first 14 packs (84 miniatures so far), Paul has done an exquisite job sculpting these miniatures.

Our intention is to not only fully fund, but to get through a bunch of stretch-goals to add even more miniatures to the start of this range. Paul and I would like to make a bunch more packs for the start of this range during this Kickstarter, so "Join, Or Die."

The Range so far...

The British are in the 1768 Warrant clothing.

The packs in the core beginning of the range are as follows:

American Militia – marching 1
American Militia – skirmishing 1
American Militia – skirmishing 2
American Militia – advancing 1
British Battalion Company – marching 1
British Battalion Company – firing 1
British Battalion Company – charge bayonets 1
British Grenadiers – marching 1
British Grenadiers – firing 1
British Grenadiers – charge bayonets 1

Stretch-Goals

$11,500 USD – American Militia Command 1 (achieved)
$13,500 USD – British Battalion Company Command 1
$16,000 USD – American Militia Command 2 (Free with 1 Rewards Token)
$19,000 USD – British Battalion Company Command 2 (Free with 1 Rewards Token)

Additional stretch-goals will be added as we get through the funding goal, starting with the British Light Infantry.

This is a 30-day campaign.

Get in now to grab special Early-Bird pricing.

About Brigade Games Ranges

The miniatures are sculpted by Paul Hicks, who has become a master of his craft. I have been working with Paul for longer than both of us want to admit. Paul is my main sculptor, and has done the sculpting of a majority of my ranges including Napoleonic, 1812, King Philips War, Western, Pacific War, Pirates, Musketeers, Gladiators, Atomic Cafe, etc. Molding and casting is being done in the U.S.A.

Why Kickstarter?

With over 46 ranges to date under our belt in the Brigade Games brand, why go the Kickstarter route?

With Kickstarter, we have the ability to get the product to market very quickly with the help of the crowdfunding model. Kickstarter will also allow me to show off and reach many more potential gamers than I could do with traditional advertising and marketing. Kickstarter will allow us to get these wonderful miniatures into the hands of more gamers faster than we have been able to do in the past with normal marketing.

We have hosted four successful Kickstarters, three with miniatures and one rulebook, that were successfully funded.
Lon Weiss
BrigadeGames
Boot Hill

http://www.BrigadeGames.com

http://www.BrigadeGamesMinis.com

Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/brigadegames

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BrigadeGames

IG: https://www.instagram.com/BrigadeGames<br /

Offline Antonio J Carrasco

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
Re: BrigadeGames 28mm AWI Kickstarter
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2019, 06:06:03 AM »
Good luck with the kickstarter, Lon! Paul' scultpts are gorgeous.

I have already pledged (Captain) although I am thinking about updating my pledge to take advantage of the Major Early bird... 

Offline flags_of_war

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Flags of War
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2019, 03:21:05 PM »
Gorgeous new range Lon :)

Offline M Blakey

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2019, 09:57:15 PM »
On It and can't wait to see how many stretch goals you'll achieve! Beautiful miniatures and if they are anything like your naps range  we will be in for a real treat!
« Last Edit: February 28, 2019, 10:03:21 PM by M Blakey »

Offline armchairgeneral

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2019, 10:44:40 PM »
Really amazing sculps  :-*

Offline Painter Jim

• Scientist
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2019, 01:50:16 AM »
Got my pledge in.

Offline CaptainBigglesmay

• Assistant
  • Aucto Splendore Resurgo
    • My Photo bucket
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2019, 01:39:28 PM »
Might get shot down here, but with Perry plastics and tbf awi in metal being covered fully, why make British line and minutemen? British marines would have been nice as well as the German states not to mention some of the loyalist regiments.

Offline Painter Jim

• Scientist
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2019, 03:54:00 PM »
I like the sculpting character of the sculptures.
Fantastic

Offline Baron von Wreckedoften

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2019, 12:29:30 PM »
Might get shot down here.....

Dakka, dakka, dakka.....(well, what did you expect from Baron von Wreckedoften?  :D)

.....but with Perry plastics and tbf awi in metal being covered fully, why make British line and minutemen? British marines would have been nice as well as the German states not to mention some of the loyalist regiments.

Because (a) you have to plan these things, (b) you have to start somewhere and (c) I suspect Lon has a plan that involves logical progression through the war - and also commercial sensibilities (not least that many North American gamers prefer their British in 1768 Warrant uniforms - nobody knows why, they just do).

A propos your specific comments - worth noting that British Marines can be produced from the packs Lon has released so far, since they wore what were essentially line infantry uniforms.  Ditto Loyalists - you just paint them green and leave off the buttonhole lace - or better still, use the Militia figures since early-war Loyalists did not all get uniforms (you can make a nice early war Queen's Rangers - which was a standard infantry battalion when first formed - from a mix of the British and Militia packs).  Germans are slightly more complicated, as some had larger cuffs than others; and some retained breeches and long gaiters for almost the entire war, whilst others "went British" and adopted the one-piece gaitered overalls.

Bear with Lon and Paul, it's early days yet!
No plan survives first contact with the dice.

Offline gibby64

• Mad Scientist
  • Temple of the West
    • Temple of the West
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2019, 12:23:43 PM »
I'm in... love the poses, and the unlocked command packs are very dynamic!
Owner, Temple of the West
www.TempleWest.co

Offline M Blakey

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2019, 07:16:34 PM »
Really getting there now Lon and Paul! Love the new stretch goals too. Have you got any plans for interesting characters. If not during the kickstarter  but after?

Offline Mindenbrush

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2019, 01:04:57 PM »
Really nice figures but unfortunately I have a lot of Foundry and Perry AWI to paint. I will be keeping an eye on the range for interesting characters that I can add to my existing forces.
If they are going to be available at Historicon then I may have to open my wallet
Wargamers do it on a table.
YNWA - It is not a badge, it is a family crest
Montreal Historical Wargaming Club

Offline Gungadin

• Assistant
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2019, 07:06:56 PM »
Very interesting comments from the Baron on uniforms etc. - especially about the regiments of the German States.
While there is a bewildering variety of cuff design, collars, lapels, no lapels etc. I have a sneaking suspicion that there is quite a lot of demand for a top range of Germans in gaiters - not only is that something that is not too widely covered in certain other ranges but a Paul Hicks battalion of Germans would be fantastic and something cruelly missing for enthusiasts of this period and the earlier SYW. For purists it would not work for everything but amongst the myriad of Brunswickers, Hessians, half the Reichsarmee, some of the Prussians and at a pinch the Saxons there is plenty of scope where an AWI gaitered Hessian would pass muster. If we could only persuade Lon and Paul to add a two pack stretch goal of Hessians - one of rank and file (my preference would be something like the advancing British Grenadiers but I would happily settle for anything) and one of command (again my vote would go for a more wooden marching option there) I would suspect that the Kickstarter could get the boost it so richly reserves - I for one would be obliged to up my pledge (and declare bankruptcy!). I should be curious to know if others agree or if I am doing a John the Baptist in the Desert on this...

Offline CaptainBigglesmay

• Assistant
  • Aucto Splendore Resurgo
    • My Photo bucket
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2019, 09:59:02 AM »
Very interesting comments from the Baron on uniforms etc. - especially about the regiments of the German States.
While there is a bewildering variety of cuff design, collars, lapels, no lapels etc. I have a sneaking suspicion that there is quite a lot of demand for a top range of Germans in gaiters - not only is that something that is not too widely covered in certain other ranges but a Paul Hicks battalion of Germans would be fantastic and something cruelly missing for enthusiasts of this period and the earlier SYW. For purists it would not work for everything but amongst the myriad of Brunswickers, Hessians, half the Reichsarmee, some of the Prussians and at a pinch the Saxons there is plenty of scope where an AWI gaitered Hessian would pass muster. If we could only persuade Lon and Paul to add a two pack stretch goal of Hessians - one of rank and file (my preference would be something like the advancing British Grenadiers but I would happily settle for anything) and one of command (again my vote would go for a more wooden marching option there) I would suspect that the Kickstarter could get the boost it so richly reserves - I for one would be obliged to up my pledge (and declare bankruptcy!). I should be curious to know if others agree or if I am doing a John the Baptist in the Desert on this...

No, that's what I wanted. Not really interested in AWI. But can always use more figures for the SYW. And it would have been something to make me put money up.

Offline Gungadin

• Assistant
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2019, 02:55:16 PM »
Interesting - thanks for the feedback, I shall pass it on. Let's say at this point I am moderately hopeful!