Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 12:52:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689605
  • Total Topics: 118286
  • Online Today: 623
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: [KICKSTARTER] Black Sun Miniatures now on Sale!  (Read 10768 times)

Offline Mitchelxen

• Scientist
  • Student of Time, Space & Cake
    • Crucible Crush
Re: [KICKSTARTER] Black Sun Kickstarter Now On! Thru August 8
« Reply #45 on: July 28, 2019, 03:28:00 PM »
It’s great to hear alternate ideas as the creative process spawns and requires inspiration from many different sources. I am not sure if you are looking for an assurance from us that we are working to stick to the great traditions of the mythos started by Lovecraft and continued by the other writers of the milieu or if you are concerned about our direction.
I would just like to take the opportunity to remind everyone that this is a project helmed in the main by Bob Murch. Bob is well versed in the traditions of the Mythos. He has sculpted figures based on the Mythos for over 30 years, he has interacted with authors and fans of the franchise in the past. He knows the background and history of the troupes and horror of the Mythos. He sticks to these ideals unerringly. Anyone who has seen the work he has done on his own line of Pulp Figures can attest to his ability to bring the masterpieces of that period to life while maintaining the spirit of the work. So no you are not likely to see “terminators” in this game. I am sorry but I cannot promise that kind of figure.
However, this is a skirmish level tabletop miniatures game. It often carries elements of Role Playing to the tabletop but it doesn’t provide the full roleplaying experience. So yes provision for playing the armies is important to the game. However, as an advantage to roleplaying and unlike other KS of similar build, all the Factions are made of individual figures, there are no duplicates in our initial offerings. This fact makes the game a world full of rich stories and backgrounds about the interaction of the different Factions. Making each faction different in their abilities and scope in order to bring out the different aspects of the nationality or race in the game rules will be our goal.
So if this type of game is of interest to you please stop by and support our Black Sun KS.

" width="450" height="75" border="0

Offline ErikB

• Mastermind
  • Sometimes I feel like Schroedinger's Cat
« Reply #46 on: July 29, 2019, 06:13:58 PM »
Just an idea - Bob Murch made some excellent French Foreign Legion minis.  They painted up really well, too.

The Foreign Legion fought in Indochina (Vietnam) before the US took over from France.  I can see these guys in the Black Sun world, as well.

Are there already rules and characters planned for them?

Just a thought.

Offline Mitchelxen

• Scientist
    • Crucible Crush
« Reply #47 on: July 29, 2019, 07:37:21 PM »
The French Foreign Legion are definately planned. They would be their own Faction as well. We have been discussing hold overs from the Dien Bien Phu battle. You will not see them in this go around, probably as an expansion when we release the book. ANZAC are booked in to do as well. We have also had requests for Montyards. We cannot do everything at once, this Kickstarter is the tip of the iceberg.

Offline ErikB

• Mastermind
  • Sometimes I feel like Schroedinger's Cat
« Reply #48 on: July 29, 2019, 08:58:00 PM »
We cannot do everything at once, this Kickstarter is the tip of the iceberg.
Of course not!  Nice to have a pipeline of ideas.  I think this could turn out really cool, too.

Any likelihood of making the minis multi-part?  Some of Bob's fantastic minis (I'm a big fan!) could do with some broadening.  Hard to mould that in a single piece.  This might be a chance to try something new.

I love those minis and the idea is really cool.  Looking forward.  Trying to paint up my American GIs but my little boy keeps taking them and using them to fortify the Lego fortresses he builds.  :-)

Offline Mitchelxen

• Scientist
    • Crucible Crush
« Reply #49 on: August 11, 2019, 09:34:58 PM »
The Black Sun miniatures are now available for preorder on the crucible Crush store at a special preorder price until August 19.
https://www.cruciblecrush.com/store/range/19/28mm_Weird_War_Nam/

Offline Juan

• Mad Scientist
    • Manche´s Walpurgisnacht
« Reply #50 on: August 14, 2019, 08:50:31 AM »
Perhaps this is time to produce the book in the old style, or in PDF format.

Offline Mitchelxen

• Scientist
    • Crucible Crush
« Reply #51 on: August 19, 2019, 06:04:48 PM »
The chance to get the Black Sun New Miniatures on Pre-order for $15Usd per pack is almost over. This special will end today. So head on over to our webstore and get all the new Black Sun goodness you desire.
https://www.cruciblecrush.com/store/range/19/28mm_Weird_War_Nam/