Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:02:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: 15mm Renaissance Early 80YW FoG:R on madaxeman.com  (Read 926 times)

Offline madaxeman

• Scientist
    • Madaxeman.com
15mm Renaissance Early 80YW FoG:R on madaxeman.com
« on: March 02, 2019, 12:24:48 PM »
The recent one-day event in Oxford gave me a chance to wheel out some almost forgotten FoG:Renaissance troops in 15mm scale to take part in a tightly themed C16 competition for the armies involved in the Great Rebellions of that era - the French Wars of Religion, the 80 Years War of Dutch Independence and the many Peasant Revolts across Europe.

Given the multitude of choices - and because no-Don had bitten at my incredibly well crafted attempt at a joke on the FoGR Forum along the lines of..

"How big is your army?"
"It's Huguenot.."

..I ended up taking the 80YW Dutch, with a vague plan to batter my opponents senseless with artillery whilst reducing my opportunity to make the sorts of mistakes that someone who hasn't played these rules for ages might do by having a plan that didn't really involve moving my troops at all.

The armies duly swept back and forth across the tabletops in textbook checker board formations and much Dutch courage was taken by all sides. And I used a ship!

Visit the Madaxeman website for the usual rubbish-packed and ship-tastic reports to see how the Cloggers managed to do in these 3 FoGR battle reports
Web: Madaxeman.com
On Twitter: twitter.com
On Facebook:  facebook.com
Devon holiday?: The Captains Cottage Brixham