Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:49:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Mother of Spiders  (Read 6756 times)

Offline PhilH

• Scientist
    • Bears Head Miniatures
Re: Mother of Spiders
« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2019, 09:33:58 AM »
How about stealing a page from Chia Mieville and having an otherwise-humanoid body with the head replaced by a spider?  As an experiment, maybe the neck's just a stump and the spider's webs run down into the (reanimated, puppeted) body.  A spider whose web strands are actually invasive nerve filaments would be suitably creepy.  Bit of a head crab vibe from Half Life, but the web idea would add a little twist to it.

Or a zombielike host body stumbling around stuffed full of spider hatchlings.  All swollen and bulging, with the decaying flesh barely held together by layers of webbing.  Depending on how many of the spiderlings are still inside (assuming they "move out" when they grow up) it might also look like an emaciated corpse or mummy, again wrapped in webs.

Or a werespider, preferably in multiple forms including a partial-transformed version with a humanoid body all twisted and bent with the normal arms and legs all warped into spider limbs - maybe have each limb splitting into two arachnoid legs and the face sprouting fangs and pedipalps and extra eyes.

That’s what I’d prefer to make. A Frankenstein monster spider man. Unwholesome and gnarly, rather than a neat, balanced hybrid.
It’d have appeal as a chaos mutant too.

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2019, 10:31:50 AM »
And I had no idea I needed an undead sheep, until I checked out the Bears Head site.  lol
I have that. I used it in a scenario of warhammer quest that my son still talks about. I built up a huge scene where a horrible beast was going to emerge from the most. Conjured by the evil necromancer his hero was stalking, BAAAA. A lot of laughter ensued.

Offline PhilH

• Scientist
    • Bears Head Miniatures
« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2019, 11:32:08 AM »
I have that. I used it in a scenario of warhammer quest that my son still talks about. I built up a huge scene where a horrible beast was going to emerge from the most. Conjured by the evil necromancer his hero was stalking, BAAAA. A lot of laughter ensued.

I love that. Really made my day. Cheers Beefcake!  lol

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2019, 08:01:24 PM »
Any idea when this will be in metal? I still have to use my latest voucher and would like to add her to the cart along (along with the unicorn, bull, monstrous spider, the list is getting long)

Offline PhilH

• Scientist
    • Bears Head Miniatures
« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2019, 09:49:05 PM »
Any idea when this will be in metal? I still have to use my latest voucher and would like to add her to the cart along (along with the unicorn, bull, monstrous spider, the list is getting long)

Hi Beefcake. She’s with the caster now. Hopefully I’ll get some news on her next week. I’ll report back when I do :)

Offline Comsquare

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2019, 11:12:32 AM »
Great news  :D

Offline Thargor

• Mastermind
« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2019, 05:59:38 PM »
Aiming to pick up a Mother of Spiders at Salute.  Great mini and the leader of my next Frostgrave Warband.

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #37 on: March 18, 2019, 03:47:14 AM »
I'll also be grabbing one at some stage. I just want an army of spiders. God knows I have enough.

Offline PhilH

• Scientist
    • Bears Head Miniatures
« Reply #38 on: March 23, 2019, 08:37:06 PM »
The metal version of my Mother of Spiders mini is now in stock.
Chris Nichols at Macrocosm Miniatures did a terrific job with the casting too.

https://www.bearsheadminis.com/store/p137/Mother_of_Spiders_Metal.html

Offline Hobby Services

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #39 on: March 23, 2019, 08:52:01 PM »
On the "get" list.  Saw your other post, Narthok's going to be available soon too, right?

Mama Many-Eyes there is totally going to be showing up in some custom Ghost Archipelago gaming, as well as terrifying RPG groups for years to come.

Offline PhilH

• Scientist
    • Bears Head Miniatures
« Reply #40 on: March 23, 2019, 09:02:29 PM »
On the "get" list.  Saw your other post, Narthok's going to be available soon too, right?

Mama Many-Eyes there is totally going to be showing up in some custom Ghost Archipelago gaming, as well as terrifying RPG groups for years to come.

I love that she might be a recurring villain in an RPG, that’s very cool.
Yes, I’m casting the sci-fi Narthoks and once the Kickstarter backers are sent theirs, he’ll then start heading to regular store orders. I’m aiming to have the Kickstarter ones completed next week.

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #41 on: March 23, 2019, 10:37:36 PM »
Very nice. Come the new month I'll be putting that in the cart and getting that other stuff I had the voucher for.
Cheers!

Offline Comsquare

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #42 on: March 28, 2019, 05:54:04 PM »
Got my copy today, great sculpting and casting  :D

Thanks Phil.

Offline PhilH

• Scientist
    • Bears Head Miniatures
« Reply #43 on: March 29, 2019, 07:11:25 PM »
Got my copy today, great sculpting and casting  :D

Thanks Phil.

I’m glad you like her. Thanks for ordering one 👍

Offline barbaric splendor

• Scientist
« Reply #44 on: March 30, 2019, 10:02:01 AM »
I have my resin copy and have to say this is an amazing miniature! Trying to come up with a scenario for the Monolith Conan game using her and some other minions of the Spider God Zath.