Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 11:08:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Some shots of my new 2mm figure range  (Read 2158 times)

Offline jon_1066

• Mad Scientist
Re: Some shots of my new 2mm figure range
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2019, 12:45:40 PM »
Looking good.

I believe the French were more likely (depending on the period) to send an entire company out as skirmishers as opposed to say the Austrians who might send the third rank.  I guess part of the problem with miniature is the sheer variety of formations and tactics that could be employed.  eg a 600 man battalion might have 100 voltiguers deployed as Skirmishers, these plus the third rank or the entire battalion.  They might be spaced 15 m apart or could be 5 m apart.  The beauty of 2 mm and printing it yourself you can have a variety of skirmish formations and simply swap them out as appropriate.

Offline Forwardmarchstudio

• Librarian
Re: Some shots of my new 2mm figure range
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2019, 07:16:38 AM »
Hi,
Yeah, it's true.  You eventually need to say "that's enough" or you can go down rabbit holes.  As far as being a figure range goes though, some variety is desirable.  I currently have over 250 models in the range, primarily figures in different styles and base-sizes, and I'm trying to wrap those up so I can concentrate on buildings more. Oh, and gaming.  It would be nice to get a game in again, haha.  At a certain point I think owning a model soldier company became my hobby...