Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:17:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: T-28 (15mm, 3d print)  (Read 1138 times)

Offline Fitz

• Mad Scientist
    • The Website of Fitz
T-28 (15mm, 3d print)
« on: March 08, 2019, 02:48:10 AM »
Here's the Soviet T-28 medium tank that I ballsed up the printing of and had to retrieve. In the end it turned out OK, but it could certainly be better.

I don't normally time myself when I'm painting things, but in this case I put something on the printer just before I started on this one, and it told me exactly how long I'd been going. So this model's painting, from go to whoa, took me about an hour and a half.

The figures are 15mm plastic Soviets from PSC. One of these days I'll get around to getting some greatcoated Soviets with the pointy hats from Peter Pig, but that is not this day.

I printed a spare turret as well, with the frame radio aerial.

Radios of any kind were rare in Soviet AFVs of the time (late 1930s to early 1940s) and probably only the company leader would be likely to have a radio capable of both transmitting and receiving, and troop leaders might only have a receiver. Command by flag signals were still a common thing amongst Soviet tank units at the beginning of WWII. So that means that I'll only really need one radio turret per troop, at maximum.

Offline Bergil

• Mad Scientist
  • Toy maker
Re: T-28 (15mm, 3d print)
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2019, 02:22:29 PM »
Cool to see.

Love using that tank in Warthunder. The fact it looks like a train carriage and has machine guns on every surface make it rather fun to use!

Offline Hammers

• Amateur papiermachiéer
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Workbench and Pulp Moderator
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2019, 12:33:37 PM »
A bit off topic, Fitz, but I hear orcs are loose on the streets of Christchurch. I hope you and your people, and all of our other kiwi friends of this forum, are safe. A curse over the bastards who make themselves judge, jury and executioner over people different than themselves.

Offline Fitz

• Mad Scientist
    • The Website of Fitz
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2019, 10:58:22 AM »
Yeah, it's a bad situation. Those people are contemptible scum.