Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 12:45:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689605
  • Total Topics: 118286
  • Online Today: 610
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Asking: Size Comparison Copplestone vs Woodbine Design etc.  (Read 1824 times)

Offline Dr. Moebius

• Scientist
  • - per aspera ad astra -
Hello,

as the topic already says. I am looking for a size comparison between Copplestone WW1 German or Turks and Woodbine Design British. Footsore Highlanders would be interesting too (they look great but seem to be on the smaller scale).

The Copplestone British are too large to fit with the Copplestone German stuff he did. That's just my taste. Now I am looking for british miniatures that fit better. I already have some Brigade British but these are a little bit too small. Mmmhh.

Any size comparison pics would be helpfull.

Thanks in advance.

Alex
« Last Edit: March 16, 2019, 04:49:13 PM by Dr. Moebius »

Offline Driscoles

• The Dude
  • Galactic Brain
, ,

Offline Dr. Moebius

• Scientist
Re: Asking: Size Comparison Copplestone vs Woodbine Design etc.
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2019, 10:05:52 PM »
http://over-open-sights.blogspot.com/2017/09/australian-light-horse-test-pieces.html

Try this pls and scroll down

Thanks for answering this Driscole, though it does not really help. I've seen this in the net before. But it does not show a comparison to Copplestones German Askaris or Copplestone Turks. It only shows that the Woodbine Brits are on the larger scale between those that are shown in the picture.

Anyway, I think I will give it a try and order some of the Woodbine Brits and will check if it works for me.

Again thanks for answering.

Alex

Offline Over Open Sights

• Scientist
    • Over Open Sights
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2019, 02:19:22 PM »
Try headswapping on Empress Miniatures 1914 Tommies (ex-Mutton Chop). These will mix well with Copplestones. Also try Empress Miniatures Highlanders from their Jazz Age Imperialism range. Woodbines will do fine but are a little slight when stood next to Copplestones that are on steroids by comparison.
Military Miniatures Painted by Over Open Sights.
http://over-open-sights.blogspot.com/

Offline traveller

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2019, 03:10:51 PM »
Thanks for answering this Driscole, though it does not really help. I've seen this in the net before. But it does not show a comparison to Copplestones German Askaris or Copplestone Turks. It only shows that the Woodbine Brits are on the larger scale between those that are shown in the picture.

Anyway, I think I will give it a try and order some of the Woodbine Brits and will check if it works for me.

Again thanks for answering.

Alex

I have Copplestone Turks and Woodbine British, give me a couple of hours and I will post a photo for you  ;)

Offline traveller

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2019, 04:34:46 PM »

copp-Wood-Copp-Wood-Copp-Wood-Copp-Wood

I use the together without heditation

Offline Dr. Moebius

• Scientist
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2019, 08:00:39 PM »
Thank's for your help, advice and efforts Gentlemen.
I am a real size difference 'monk'' if you know what I mean.

I will give the Empress stuff a chance. As well as the odd blister of Great War miniatures. It looks like the 'head sets' from woodbine will be a choice too.

We will see.

Alex