Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 10:39:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Any recommendations for a Star Wars 54mm game. Could SWMB work?  (Read 4232 times)

Offline jhonpog

• Scientist
Re: Any recommendations for a Star Wars 54mm game. Could SWMB work?
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2019, 08:13:05 PM »
I would go with galactic heroes, cheap, easy to play, plenty of star wars type powers and very adaptable.

cool idea I'm too invested in my collection but I do remember seeing some really nice pics online of galactic hero figs.

Offline jhonpog

• Scientist
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2019, 08:23:45 PM »
one more pic of some stormtroopers  Action masters, Unleashed, Deagostini, Unleashed

Good news is the vintage action masters figures are a really good fit for 54mm and are arguably the first star wars toy soldiers made.  The Han Solo figure looks like he's a dad doing a cosplay of han solo but the rest are pretty good

in hindsight that imperial officer isnt a good comparison figure way too tall!

Offline Arundel

• Mastermind
  • Galloping Outward Into the Weather!
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2019, 12:07:51 AM »
cool idea I'm too invested in my collection but I do remember seeing some really nice pics online of galactic hero figs.

I think he meant the Galactic Heroes rules, a relatively new set put out by Wiley Games: https://wiley-games.myshopify.com/products/galactic-heroes-rulebook

Offline jhonpog

• Scientist
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2019, 08:29:14 AM »
lol nice thanks Arundel

Offline cdm

• Scientist
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2019, 10:25:39 AM »
A Wing and Jango Slave 1
« Last Edit: March 13, 2019, 10:27:14 AM by cdm »

Offline Arundel

• Mastermind
  • Galloping Outward Into the Weather!
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2019, 01:45:06 PM »
I think those work really well!

Offline Dr DeAth

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • My Little Lead Men
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2019, 01:49:48 PM »
I would go with galactic heroes, cheap, easy to play, plenty of star wars type powers and very adaptable.

Seconded - Fistful of Lead: Galactic Heroes is the set we use for Star Wars games.
Photos of my recent efforts are at www.littleleadmen.com and https://beaverlickfalls.blogspot.com

Offline jhonpog

• Scientist
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2019, 01:17:02 AM »
A Wing and Jango Slave 1

Thanks CDM for those pics.  The ships and vehicles look really close would totally work.

What make is that smaller battlefront2 hover tank? That looks bang on to me I must get one (or two)

I did wonder about that rogue one tank too it looks like it would work better as a 1/30th scale tank than it would with 3 3/4 action figures

Offline jhonpog

• Scientist
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2019, 01:18:02 AM »
Seconded - Fistful of Lead: Galactic Heroes is the set we use for Star Wars games.

cool ok I'll definitely check it out. I noticed on the blurb on the website that it's roughful 6 to 8 models per player?  Can you go higher than that or would it get too clunky?

Offline Darathar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scientist
« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2019, 02:19:51 AM »
If it's at a few models per person sort of level your looking for mutants and death Ray guns is what id recommend. That ruleset can be modded to do most anything. If you go on the song of blades and heroes Facebook group and ask how to make it into 54mm I'm sure they'd help make it work for you.

Offline jhonpog

• Scientist
« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2019, 02:47:37 AM »
If it's at a few models per person sort of level your looking for mutants and death Ray guns is what id recommend. That ruleset can be modded to do most anything. If you go on the song of blades and heroes Facebook group and ask how to make it into 54mm I'm sure they'd help make it work for you.

thanks Darathar I check that out too

Offline jhonpog

• Scientist
« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2019, 02:54:34 AM »
ok thought I'd contribute some more scale photo's sorry for the blurry pics.  Some vintage goodness...the troop transport is really well scaled and thanks to Rebels is back on the menu so to speak.  The potf AT-ST is a reasonable fit too.  Finally the unleashed snowspeeder is a good fit but I'd like to find another source of these
« Last Edit: March 14, 2019, 07:23:46 AM by woodface »

Offline KONNOC

• Librarian
« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2019, 03:02:33 AM »
Who makes that Stormtrooper standing by the AT-ST's leg?  I don't recognize him.

Offline jhonpog

• Scientist
« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2019, 04:07:30 AM »
Who makes that Stormtrooper standing by the AT-ST's leg?  I don't recognize him.

oh yeah I err cloned a stormtrooper and then chopped up a sandtrooper for the rifle.  I quite like the pose on the resulting conversion but man they are quite tall at least 60mm. still if any figure is going to be oversized I think it should be those ones :)

Offline jhonpog

• Scientist
« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2019, 05:27:11 AM »
here's a slightly less crap pic of my converted and cloned stormtroopers.  Quick and dirty paint jobs as uaual for me
« Last Edit: March 14, 2019, 07:24:35 AM by woodface »