Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:33:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686473
  • Total Topics: 118102
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Gadzooks it's the Apocalypse live on Kickstarter.  (Read 7546 times)

Offline stevelampon

• Assistant
Re: Gadzooks it's the Apocalypse live on Kickstarter.
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2019, 10:57:32 AM »
And now the Necromancer ...

Update 15. The Necromancer.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/964530327/gadzooks-its-the-apocalypse/posts/2462956

Necromancers are characters that put their faith in the power of the dead. These characters commune with the spirits of the dead in the quest for forbidden knowledge and can even cross the boundaries between the world of the living and the land of the dead. The following skills are available to this character:
Speak with the Dead: This skill allows the character to question an undead creature that is currently present on the battlefield. Range for this skill is 3 inches per skill point. Each question takes an action and a successful skill test. Neither the creature nor the character can be involved in close combat for this skill to work. Questions that will be answered truthfully are listed below. The object of the question must be within 12 inches of the undead creature being questioned (and it can answer questions about itself). Answers will only be revealed to the Necromancer player.

- How many wounds does that figure have remaining?
- What is the Combat Factor of that figure?
- How many attacks in close combat does that figure get?
- What is the Objective Marker that has not yet been revealed?

Animate Dead: The Necromancer has the power to reanimate the corpses of the recently dead with this skill. This spell only applies to non-character figures that have been killed during the current battle. The range for this skill is 6 inches per skill point (i.e. the distance between the Necromancer and the location where the subject figure was killed). The character must also be able to see the victim for this skill to work. It takes one action and a successful skill test for this to work. If the skill is successful, the dead figure is converted to a zombie and will function in the usual zombie way and have the same profile as any zombie. Note, the Necromancer will not have any control over this creature and is as likely to be attacked by it as any other target (although other skills can be used to exert control).

For other abilities go to the KS updates page:

Offline stevelampon

• Assistant
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2019, 03:36:13 PM »
Update 16. Paladin.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/964530327/gadzooks-its-the-apocalypse?ref=bqvgcl

Paladins are holy warriors whose mission in life is to selflessly destroy evil and protect the innocent. Such uncompromising ideals can result in a fairly short career for the Paladin. The following skills are available to this character:

Inspire Courage: Paladins inspire great courage by the example that they set. When the Paladin is in close combat, friendly figures within 1 inch (per skill point) will add +1 when testing to hit in close combat, add +1 to damage and +1 to their armour saves. This skill costs the Paladin no actions to perform and lasts for as long as the Paladin is in close combat and there are friendly figures nearby that benefit. If there are two such Paladins in the area, only one bonus can be applied.

Purge Evil: An aura of purity and goodness surrounds the Paladin – an aura that evil creatures find intolerable. Any evil creatures or characters will suffer +1 point of additional damage to any hit that they suffer when they are within the aura. This damage bonus will be +1 point per point of skill (up to a maximum of +4) that the Paladin has. The area of effect is the Paladin’s skill points in inches. The damage bonus will be applied to any attack that the target suffers (when they are in the aura area), even when it is inflicted by attacks not delivered by the Paladin. This costs no actions to use nor any skill test. If you have got it – you’ve got it.

Offline stevelampon

• Assistant
« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2019, 09:15:13 AM »
Update 17: Gadzooks, it's the Evil Creatures

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/964530327/gadzooks-its-the-apocalypse?ref=bqvgcl

It is getting close to the end of the KS campaign and we are still a long way from being funded :( Steve and I will have to think again. We have almost 50 people signed up and that is almost enough to do a short digital print run. If the people who have backed the project could send me a private message with their contact details that would be great. Thanks. Steve.

This part of the rules describes the evil creatures that will be used in this game. Certain evil characters will be able to include these creatures in their armies, or they may be found wandering the battlefield waiting to spring out on the unwary. An umpire player can also use these creatures as part of a scenario that they have created, in order to challenge the players and provide a suitably evil opposition.

Arachners
Since ancient times people have rightly feared the power of the spider, their poison, their cunning, their
ruthlessness and their webs of deceit. But during these dark apocalyptic times a new menace has arisen. Spiders of nightmare proportion now hunt for living flesh with the same relentless skill that the spider hunted the fly – now no one is safe. There is now talk that these giant spiders are the unholy offspring of the original spider, Arachne.

Sign: These creatures are able to create webs that will partially obscure and protect their own bodies and will hinder an attacker in close combat. These webs will start to be spun when Signs are in play. For every Sign in play the Arachner will gain a +1 bonus to their armour save and any attacker in close combat will suffer a -1 penalty to hit.

Special Attack: The poison has a paralysing effect – any ‘wounds’ inflicted that reduce the victim to zero wound capacity will not kill the victim, they will just paralyse them. Arachners that manage to paralyse their victims will then spend the next turn consuming the target. If the creature is not interrupted by a hit on it from range, or by an attack in close combat, the victim will be killed and cannot be recovered after the game. If the Arachner is killed before the victim is killed, the poison effects will slowly fade – the character will regain one lost poison wound per turn.

Offline stevelampon

• Assistant
« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2019, 11:59:02 AM »
Update 18: Walking Dead

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/964530327/gadzooks-its-the-apocalypse/posts/2468542
Known as the Walking Dead or the Risen or just zombies, these animated corpses of the recently and long dead now seek to destroy all those that live. Any living target that is killed by one of these creatures will themselves become a zombie (this includes characters who will not get their chance of a Recovery Test at the end of the battle). In the turn after a figure has been killed by a zombie (during

the evil creatures phase), the victim will rise up as a zombie and pursue the nearest living creature. These creatures appear in groups of one to six figures.

Sign: One is added to this creature’s armour save for every Sign that is still in play.

Special Attack: The Special Attack for these creatures is the Death Plague. If a 10 is scored to hit in close combat and the target suffers one or more wounds, the target is considered to have the Plague and will suffer another wound at the end of each turn. If the victim is reduced to zero wounds, the victim will become a zombie. If the scenario ends before the victim is reduced to zero wounds, the victim recovers from the plague.

The project has a week to run and we need 20-30 of the 113 followers to sign up or we are going to fall short.

Offline stevelampon

• Assistant
« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2019, 05:45:02 PM »
Update 19. Evil Creatures

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/964530327/gadzooks-its-the-apocalypse/posts/2474210

Devils and Demons

Devils and Demons are powerful evil entities that appear from time to time in the living world. Their visits are usually short and infrequent, which is a blessing, but when they do appear they bring with them considerable malice and power. These creatures can appear simply as random encounters or umpire players can use them as a feature of a scenario or campaign. This section shows how players can create the profile of these evil creatures.

Basic Profile

Devils and Demons have the same basic profiles. Where these entities differ is in the abilities that they possess. The player will roll 1d6 separately for each attribute, the scores will provide the creature’s profile.

Thank you to everyone who has supported the project so far, we have 36 hours to go and need about another 20 people to pledge.

Offline stevelampon

• Assistant
« Reply #35 on: April 10, 2019, 05:11:31 PM »
Gadzooks, it's the Apocalypse! Unfortunately we didn't reach the KS pledge target, thanks to everyone who did pledge. Steve and I will investigate other routes to get the rules into print. If you are still interested, please leave a comment on my website, if we can get numbers close to 70then a short print run is possible. Thanks. Steve.

http://www.stevenlampon.co.uk/gadzooks-its-the-apocalypse/

Offline mkultra99

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Bookworm
« Reply #36 on: April 10, 2019, 06:38:51 PM »
crap

Offline stevelampon

• Assistant
« Reply #37 on: April 11, 2019, 07:25:00 PM »
mkultra99, if you don't mind supplying me with your contact details either via personal message or leaving  a comment on my website then my hope is we can still fund this project.

http://www.stevenlampon.co.uk/gadzooks-its-the-apocalypse/

Many thanks

Steve

Offline mweaver

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #38 on: April 23, 2019, 02:50:24 AM »
Looks interesting! Sorry I missed the Kickstarter in time.  I have left a message on your website.

-Michael

Offline Cyrus the Great

• Librarian
« Reply #39 on: April 30, 2019, 01:51:43 AM »
I got your email today. This is great news. I'm looking forward to my copy.

Offline stevelampon

• Assistant
« Reply #40 on: April 30, 2019, 01:48:43 PM »

:) Thank you to everyone who contacted me with their continuing support for the rules.

We have about 60 people who have pledged their support, so the rules will go to press at the end of the week.

We will print 100 copies, so if you haven't previously contacted me but would still like a copy I need to know ASAP. I need to know your location please.

stevelampon@yahoo.co.uk

The offer remains the same as the Kickstarter offer.

Rulebook & QRS £20.00

Rulebook QRS and a set of counters £35.00

Postage rates

Rules only, UK large letter - £3.00

Rules + tokens, UK small parcel - £4.00

Rules only, Europe - £6.00

Rules + tokens, Europe small parcel - £9.00

Rules only, World Zone 1, (everywhere that isn’t Europe or Australia/New Zealand) - £10.00

Rules + tokens, World Zone 1, (everywhere that isn’t Europe or Australia/New Zealand) small parcel - £14.00

Rules only, World Zone 2, (Australia/New Zealand) - £10.00

Rules + tokens, World Zone 2, (Australia/New Zealand) small parcel - £15.00

Many thanks

Steve

Offline Cyrus the Great

• Librarian
« Reply #41 on: May 15, 2019, 03:29:11 PM »
Books and QRS are back from the printers and will go in the mail tomorrow. Steve expects the MDF counters Thursday or Friday and if so, in the mail by Monday. As far as I know, there are still books left. If your sitting on the fence waiting, make your move now!

Offline stevelampon

• Assistant
« Reply #42 on: May 16, 2019, 09:50:34 AM »
Thanks Cyrus :), beat me to it!

Gadzooks, it's the Apocalypse rulesets have been delivered and the first lot of pledges have gone in the post. Rules/QRS and counters will go in the post early next week - I am waiting for the counters to be delivered. Many thanks to all of those who have supported the book :)

Steve

Offline sukhe_bator

• Mastermind
  • bad hair day
« Reply #43 on: May 16, 2019, 10:38:25 AM »
And for a bit of inspiration... The War Hound and the World's Pain is a 1981 fantasy novel by English writer Michael Moorcock, the first of the "von Bek" series of novels.
The book is set in Europe ravaged by the Thirty Years' War. Its hero Ulrich von Bek is a mercenary and freethinker, who finds himself a damned soul in a castle owned by Lucifer. Much to his surprise, von Bek is charged by Lucifer with doing God's work, by finding the Holy Grail, the "cure for the world's pain," that will also cure Lucifer's pain by reconciling him with God. Only through doing this can von Bek save his soul. After many adventures, von Bek eventually finds the Holy Grail, and discovers that it will set mankind on the path to self-redemption through rationality, without the help of God or the hindrance of Lucifer.

The story is continued in The City in the Autumn Stars (1986).
Warriors dreams, summer grasses, all that remains

Offline Cyrus the Great

• Librarian
« Reply #44 on: May 16, 2019, 03:55:54 PM »
I've never read any of the von Bek series. I'm going to have to rectify that.