Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 05:11:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689762
  • Total Topics: 118294
  • Online Today: 786
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Perry WW2 Plastic Americans  (Read 7081 times)

Offline moiterei_1984

• Mad Scientist
    • My hobby blog
Re: Perry WW2 Plastic Americans
« Reply #45 on: April 29, 2019, 03:44:22 PM »
I do, you're right - but I have so much to do and so little time to do it!  lol
Great review. Thank you.

If these scale in so well with other 28mm ranges, that sounds as though Michael Perry has deliberately made these a bit bigger in size and stature, because the 'true 1/56 scale' 8th Army and DAK Perry sets were most definitely much smaller and slighter in build than regular 28mm wargames minaitures...

Maybe it‘s because they were on a Hamburger diet  lol

On a more serious note, it‘d be interesting to see how they compare with say their 8th Army figures. I only have some of their Italians and they seem to be the same height.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2019, 03:47:22 PM by moiterei_1984 »

Offline Volleyfire!

• Scientist
  • At 100 yards................Volleyfire!!!
« Reply #46 on: April 29, 2019, 09:28:25 PM »
I'm currently nearly finished painting Perry's Lancia 3RO with the 90/53 on the back. I'm also painting the gun crew for the Semovente 90/53 to use with an 88mm flak. I assume they were sculpted by the same person, but if you put the crews side by side the difference in size, namely their width, is quite noticeable. Either Lancia gun crews put on weight because they travelled everywhere in the lorry,  :D or perhaps the Italians in Sicily were on a poor diet, but the Semovente crew are about 1/3 thinner than the stockily built Lancia crew, it's very noticeable.
 I wondered if a bit of scalecreep was beginning to appear in the Perry's work when you mentioned how the Americans are looking rather well fed . I have a box of the Yanks but haven't got around to opening it yet to compare them with the DAK/8th Army

Offline Gunner who?

• Bookworm
« Reply #47 on: April 30, 2019, 08:05:52 PM »
One remark please - did anyone else notice the somehow strange position of the kneeling sniper on p. 1? If you are a right-hand shooter - what this fellow obviously is - your left leg is in front in a kneeling position, not the right...I mean...left would be right and in this case right is wrong... o_o

Cheers

Fedja

Offline Cubs

• Galactic Brain
  • "I simply cannot survive without beauty ..."
« Reply #48 on: April 30, 2019, 08:34:48 PM »
One remark please - did anyone else notice the somehow strange position of the kneeling sniper on p. 1? If you are a right-hand shooter - what this fellow obviously is - your left leg is in front in a kneeling position, not the right...I mean...left would be right and in this case right is wrong... o_o

Cheers

Fedja

I see what you mean - the pics of assembled models. Looking at the sprue there seems to be an option for a right-knee kneeler (and plenty of left-knee kneelers), which has been assembled here as a sniper for some reason. Perhaps he's twisting slightly to lean the rifle onto something to be added later - a low wall, a sandbag or something. But yeah, it's a bit unusual.
'Sir John ejaculated explosively, sitting up in his chair.' ... 'The Black Gang'.

Paul Cubbin Miniature Painter

Offline ARKOUDAKI

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #49 on: April 30, 2019, 10:04:57 PM »
Nice review moiterei_1984 and also a very useful painting guide!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Marine0846

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #50 on: April 30, 2019, 11:31:50 PM »
Excellent review, moiterei_1984.
Thanks for taking the time to write it up.
Semper Fi, Mac