Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:39:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686625
  • Total Topics: 118115
  • Online Today: 777
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Seriously, another paint thread?  (Read 1503 times)

Andrew_McGuire

Seriously, another paint thread?
« on: March 14, 2019, 03:08:58 PM »
Admittedly, it will only be a thread if others contribute. All I have to offer at the moment is links to two KS campaigns I've just seen (one of which I've backed):

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cephalopodstudios/cuttlefish-colors-a-hobby-paint-line?ref=thanks-recommendations

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/culturehustle/the-blackest-black-paint-in-the-world-black-30?

BTW, has anyone used Colour Caster Pro Acryl paints? Much enthused over by at least one YouTube reviewer.

Offline Woot

• Student
Re: Seriously, another paint thread?
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2019, 04:13:16 PM »
After numerous delays, which is not unprecedented for Kickstarter projects, the paints appear to be shipping in the next few weeks.  I've got some on the way; I'll chime in once I've tested them.

Andrew_McGuire

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2019, 04:30:30 PM »
Yes, I got the update about the Cuttlefish range earlier. There were a number of glitches - the most serious being a severe undercalculation of shipping costs due to a misplaced decimal point in the Backer Kit form which led to parcels being returned - but it seems to have been resolved now.

Offline Jay Adan

• Assistant
  • Gaming since the 70's
    • jayadan.com
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2019, 08:15:39 PM »
BTW, has anyone used Colour Caster Pro Acryl paints? Much enthused over by at least one YouTube reviewer.

I have about 8-10 colors that I've been using mostly for spot base-coating and some weathering. They're very pigment-dense - much like Scale 75.

Andrew_McGuire

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2019, 03:39:23 PM »
Thanks. that was the impression I had from the review - I think it was Vince Vinturella on YouTube. I still haven't got any, mostly because the postage is quite high, irrespective of the size of the order. Additionally, I've recently discovered Instar paints...

Offline Woot

• Student
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2019, 01:34:49 AM »
I've spent several hours this weekend trying out the Cuttlefish Colors paints and overall, I rather like them!  I've posted a review here: https://imgur.com/gallery/B47dd3h

(Please let me know if posting that link is bad etiquette; I can copy & paste my text and link images here, if that's better.  Just wanted to save myself some work.) 

Andrew_McGuire

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2019, 05:06:35 PM »
Know that North American backers have started receiving their pledges. The foreign ones are supposed to be going out this week - apparently in stealth mode, if you know what I mean.