Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:57:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686488
  • Total Topics: 118102
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: New Oathmark plastic Dwarves  (Read 4120 times)

Offline nicknorthstar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
New Oathmark plastic Dwarves
« on: March 16, 2019, 01:13:11 PM »
Just got the artwork to show you so far. This is for the new plastic Dwarf Heavy Infantry for Oathmark. The box will allow you to make up 30 Dwarves in full armour with a mix of 2 handed weapons and one handed weapons plus shield.

I'll have photos of the figures and the frame to show you next week.

They will be released at Salute, so come along to the Osprey Games stand to have a look/ purchase. They'll be on general release that weekend as well to mail order.

Offline Hobby Services

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: New Oathmark plastic Dwarves
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2019, 02:44:33 PM »
Looking forward to those.  The first set is really very good, and I assume these will be pretty parts-compatible with them, yeah?

Offline nicknorthstar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2019, 03:03:51 PM »
They will be compatible.

Offline spect_spidey

• Scientist
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2019, 03:42:55 PM »
Will the Oathmark minis ever be sold in smaller amounts? I would really like to get some of these to add some variety to my Frostgrave warbands, but I just don't need 30 dwarves, elves, goblins, or humans. Especially the humans. With all the fantastic Frostgrave plastic kits, I feel like I could get by with maybe 10 of each of the Oathmark designs. Please consider selling them in smaller boxes or by the sprue.

Offline Elk101

• Elder God
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2019, 04:41:02 PM »
Northstar do sometimes sell by the sprue for limited periods.

Offline Mac V

• Bookworm
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2019, 05:46:14 PM »
These look great!

Plus, Nick said there will be a master of the Goblin Wolfriders at Salute in FB!

Offline boneio

• Scientist
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2019, 05:52:51 PM »
Will the Oathmark minis ever be sold in smaller amounts? I would really like to get some of these to add some variety to my Frostgrave warbands, but I just don't need 30 dwarves, elves, goblins, or humans. Especially the humans. With all the fantastic Frostgrave plastic kits, I feel like I could get by with maybe 10 of each of the Oathmark designs. Please consider selling them in smaller boxes or by the sprue.

There are various sellers on ebay who sell individual sprues. That's usually how I buy as similarly I love the figures but don't need 30 of them for my skirmish games

Offline mithril

• Bookworm
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2019, 09:21:27 PM »
They will be compatible.

when revealing the spues and demo builds, can we also get examples of models built using say, the arms off the old set attached to the bodies on this new set? (and vice versa. and examples of head swaps similarly) so we can see exactly how compatible they are visually? since the previous set was not heavily armored, we need to see how the mix of light-to-no armor works when mixed with the more heavily armored parts.

Offline nicknorthstar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2019, 10:56:58 PM »
Blimey Mithril, you don't want much do you.  lol

North Star's Kev Dallimore can't help himself when it comes to kit bashing, so I'm sure he'll be doing some soon. A chum of his to keep an eye on is Graham Green on Facebook, he's the master of chopping stuff about and he's a big Oathmark fan. https://www.facebook.com/groups/151243738922969/

Offline mithril

• Bookworm
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2019, 12:29:26 AM »
5 samples instead of 3 doesn't seem too much. 3 to show off the new set's weapons and such, 1 using new body but old arms and head, 1 using old body with new arms and head. easy. :)

Offline Mac V

• Bookworm
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2019, 12:51:41 AM »
Never heard of Graham Green until a few days back, now his name is everywhere! 😂.

A friend loaned me a few articles written by Mr Green about converting historical figures into 1st age Tolkien Elves. Truly inspiring articles!

Love to see more articles like that for the dwarves and Humans.

Offline spect_spidey

• Scientist
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2019, 12:42:13 PM »
There are various sellers on ebay who sell individual sprues. That's usually how I buy as similarly I love the figures but don't need 30 of them for my skirmish games

I am U.S. based. When I search for Oathmark, the only single sprue humans that come up are from Australia from one seller. If others are being listed, they are selling before I see them, which I check eBay twice a day for various searches or they are not listed under Oathmark.

Brigade games in the U.S. sells some of the Frostgrave plastics by the sprue but not all of them and none of the Oathmark. The main problem with them though is their shipping. For some reason, a single sprue sent to me cost $8 shipping. First Class mail in the U.S. for this should cost no more than $4. So by the time you figure in their shipping, it usually is cheaper to buy stuff directly from Northstar.

Offline emosbur

• Mad Scientist
    • A COVA DO TRASNO
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2019, 02:33:54 PM »

Offline spect_spidey

• Scientist
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2019, 04:06:41 PM »
Have you tried this seller?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/Models-24-7?_trksid=p2047675.l2563

Their listing comes out to almost $27 for one sprue! They are charging over 15 pounds for shipping to the U.S.

Offline emosbur

• Mad Scientist
    • A COVA DO TRASNO
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2019, 04:15:20 PM »
 :o :o :o

It is only 4.8 euros to spain!